itsguud is offline Registered User

2009 NFL Fall Meeting

Watching this now live on the NFL network. Gooddell is getting hammered with questions about Limbaugh purchasing the Rams. Apparently a number of players have come forward stating that they do not want Rush in the League in any capacity. I am not sure of his past. Was just wondering why this would be such a big issue?

I would love to have new owners. New owners will want to turn this team around and will invest in doing so. Look forward to whoever takes over the team.

ALSO: Noticed all the names that were mentioned about having a problem with Limbaugh... are Vick supporters. So take their concerns with a grain of hypocritical salt.

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Re: 2009 NFL Fall Meeting

Funny thing is, i was signing on to my yahoo! mail, when i saw todays "Top Searches".. the Rams were number 1 on the list! lol..I figured it had to do with Limbaugh though..

Alec22 is offline Registered User

its the 2nd video when you go to yahoo videos, its been the top story on sporting news the last couple of days.. and now the colts owner just came out with a lot of players to vote it down.

GET SOME SENSE PEOPLE!!

Yes it is his right to buy the rams, he might even provide the most money and I do want chicketts but look at all of this controversy and a sell hasent even been officially discussed yet.
    This isnt about politics, its about limbaugh. I have said it again and again, have palin buy the team, have romney buy the team, i dont care at all, iam all for that, but not limbaugh, wayyyyy to much noise around that.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Watching this now live on the NFL network. Gooddell is getting hammered with questions about Limbaugh purchasing the Rams. Apparently a number of players have come forward stating that they do not want Rush in the League in any capacity. I am not sure of his past. Was just wondering why this would be such a big issue?
    There are a couple of locked threads from the past week or so that you can go back and browse through that should answer that question.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

Limbaugh, lets say has made some comments on his radio show that may be considered INSENSITIVE--specifically with regards to D. MCNAbb in the pass and a few other comments. His politics are not always welcome in certain circles of society and amoung certain groups.

Fact is Politics are an inexcapable reality of todays world and the NFL isn't immune either. You will have those that voice acceptence of Rush into the NFL--those againts and those that just see the Xs & Os of the game. Problem is the other 2 camps in this debate. And that is a distraction.
    Part of the Cowboys/Raiders issues along with the Red Skins too, are that their owners are the distraction. More to the point, they meddle in affairs that they are not compenant in when running their team. Question is would Limbaugh be a distraction for the Rams? Bets are there maybe a few players because of Rush's politics and previous comments that wouldn't play for the Rams. Imagine getting a top draft pick that would fill a hole in the Ram's needs department and not sign because of one of the owners.

It would be nice that the NFL is devoid of politics, but this is the really real world. People are going to bring in with them their politics/beliefs/oppions. Limbaugh is a lightning rod that likely will bring in distractions unrelated to football. The last thing the Rams need to be is a topic of liberal/conservative debate--lets keep the discussion about football.

So my vote is NO to Limbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Dragoon View Post
    Limbaugh, lets say has made some comments on his radio show that may be considered INSENSITIVE--specifically with regards to D. MCNAbb in the pass and a few other comments. His politics are not always welcome in certain circles of society and amoung certain groups.
    Fair enough. I still believe D McNabb and co. have all vetoed their say in any matters pertaining to fair treatment and rights as soon as they all sided with M Vick.

Fact is Politics are an inexcapable reality of todays world and the NFL isn't immune either. You will have those that voice acceptence of Rush into the NFL--those againts and those that just see the Xs & Os of the game. Problem is the other 2 camps in this debate. And that is a distraction.
    Part of the Cowboys/Raiders issues along with the Red Skins too, are that their owners are the distraction. More to the point, they meddle in affairs that they are not compenant in when running their team. Question is would Limbaugh be a distraction for the Rams? Bets are there maybe a few players because of Rush's politics and previous comments that wouldn't play for the Rams. Imagine getting a top draft pick that would fill a hole in the Ram's needs department and not sign because of one of the owners.

It would be nice that the NFL is devoid of politics, but this is the really real world. People are going to bring in with them their politics/beliefs/oppions. Limbaugh is a lightning rod that likely will bring in distractions unrelated to football. The last thing the Rams need to be is a topic of liberal/conservative debate--lets keep the discussion about football.

So my vote is NO to Limbaugh
    Hopefully something will be done with rookie signings to take some of the power away from them in the near future. But until then it is impossible to debate this point. I agree with you.

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

ITSGUUD, I wish it where that simple

"Hopefully something will be done with rookie signings to take some of the power away from them in the near future. But until then it is impossible to debate this point. I agree with you. "

Am sure there are a few Frisco fans that wish teams had greater power over the M. Crabtrees of the world. Its a very slippery slope when a business has control over whom you can play with and for how much. It would be an interesting change of events of Little Manning HAD to play for the Chargers, rather then being able to pout and runoff with the Giants.

More besides the ethics debate, I worry also about the motivation of having someone with a chip on his shoulder living up to their talent. Some fans believe people have a "right" to play pro-football rather then see it as a privilage...hense all the discuss of M. Vick of should he or shouldn't he, amoung others.

Can anyone say Supreme Court as the final arbitrators of these and other issues?

Can anyone say Supreme Court as the final arbitrators of these and other issues?
    But therein lies the problem. The NFL tries to run its business while being its own arbitrator and thus encouraging constant conflict of interest from one side.

As for the rookie salary cap. I don't see how the NFL can look at the current signing salaries and not see the need for a cap. Other then that I agree that players should have the right to sign, but each selection should have a cap like the NBA.