• Victor Adeyanju

1 2.33%
  • Ron Bartell

6 13.95%
  • Other (list below)

1 2.33%
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

2009 Rams "Breakout Player"

Okay, we did "Comeback Player." How about the "Breakout Player" or 2009?

Who will take his play to the next level?

It could be a bench player who becomes a productive starter, or a productive starter who be comes a great player, or a great player who becomes an elite player.

Who will it be?
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -12-17-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Re: 2009 Rams "Breakout Player"

Steven Jackson!!! He'll make his mark next year. No contract talks, no soft legs, hopefully a better line to open up holes. We need to do what we can to up his game. The team plays better ball when he's in the game.

IzzyHigh1212 Guest

It's a tie between Avery and Long with me. I'm hoping both put up nice numbers next year. Bartell's already a very good corner in my opinion. He just needs to prove he's consistent.

Just King's an intriguing choice. From last year's reports, many felt that if he stayed for his senior year, he'd end up being a first round choice. They said he was pretty beastly in camp before his injury.

eric2810 is offline Registered User

I have to go with Justin King. He has good size with great speed. I've seen some clips of him in college and his play was exciting. I think with the lack of production from Tye, King could be motivated to take his spot, since Bartell is ahead of Hill already. With King's athleticism I can see him making some plays next year.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Hard decision but I went for Bartell. I thing 2009 will be a good personal goal year for him, where his potential might equal performance and productivity.

Also looking forward to the other Rams listed and "Other(s)" as well. 2009 should be VERY promising!

d4nnystl539 Guest

I would like to see King come in next year and blow us away. Just thinking about him and Bartell on opposite sides of eachother is exciting. That way we can use Hill and his speed to play him in the nickel spot where he can use his speed productively. I too was eager to watch King play after hearing news from him during training camp. I hate it when unproven players get hurt because you never know what they could do, or not do. I wish him the best next year.

RamOfDenmark Guest

I voted for Chris Long, we've seen glimpses of what he can do this year. With a full year of NFL workouts under his belt and a lot of live game experience he'll be even better next year.

Avery would be a pretty safe bet also, if he can work on his route running (he has made a lot of mistakes in that area this year running the wrong routes and not having any chemistry/timing with the QB IMO). If our passing offense improves (better QB play, better protection from O-line) Avery will benefit A LOT too.

I'm surprised to see how much faith people have in Justin King though, camp reports were good sure, but I've seen about a gazillion players get rave reviews in camp and then disappear. It happens so often that I can't get excited about King until I've seen him play at least 10-15 games in the NFL and prove the reports were accurate.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I had to go with Bartell. He's really stepped it up and made a name for himself on this team, especially with everybody around him going down with injuries.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Ron Bartell hands down, and sadly we're probally gonna loose him in free agency.....no make that a fact.

Now in regards to King, hold your horses fam let's see him in the pre-season first.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamOfDenmark View Post
    I'm surprised to see how much faith people have in Justin King though, camp reports were good sure, but I've seen about a gazillion players get rave reviews in camp and then disappear. It happens so often that I can't get excited about King until I've seen him play at least 10-15 games in the NFL and prove the reports were accurate.
    I have to agree with RofD here. I, too, read the glowing reports on J. King in training camp, but most of them were in comparison to J. Wade and how much better King looked than him. Sorry folks but at this point in time I'm not sure if a one-legged dog catcher wouldn't be more serviceable cornerback than Jonathan Wade.

Having said that I do remain cautiously optimistic about Mr. King, but I want to see him perform before making any firm assessments.

WHAT SAY YE?

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

I think Bartell was our breakout player of '08. He has stepped it up this season.

For '09, I think Avery will be #1, followed up by Long.