AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

The 2010 Rams Roster: So far, its a short list

Here is a list of players who meet the follwing criteria:

1. Are signed through the 2010 season;
    2. Are unlikely to be cut/traded for cap reasons;
    3. Are not currently recovering from career-altering injuries;
    4. Are unlikely to retire; and
    5. Will almost certainly make the team if not traded.

RB Steven Jackson
    FB Mike Karney
    WR Donnie Avery
    WR Brandon Gibson
    TE Daniel Fells
    C Jason Brown
    OT Jason Smith
    OG Jacob Bell
    DE Chris Long
    DT Darell Scott
    MLB James Laurinaitis
    CB Ron Bartell
    S James Butler
    S Craig Dahl
    K Josh Brown
    P Donnie Jones

That's 16 players. The remaining 37 spots are question marks. Sure, there are players who have good shots of makin it if healthy (L.Robinson, D.Amendola, K.Burton, J.Greco, D.Vobora, L.Grant, J.King, J.Wade, B.Fletcher) and others who will return if signed (C.Ryan, O.J.Atogwe), but there are very few certainties.

I think its safe to say that the Rams need to obtain at least 5 long-term starters (with 2 or 3 being impact players) from the draft and free agency.

Its going to be an interesting offseason.

eldfan is offline Registered User

Re: The 2010 Rams Roster: So far, its a short list

Canít argue with that list we need allot 2 or 3 starters on the D line ,2 starters at LB, a starting CB, one starter at WR ,a starting QB ,a starting RT.
    :ramlogo:

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

What about Adam Carriker? Anyone know how long he's signed for? Should we stick a fork in him, or does he still have a decent chance to make the team ..?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    What about Adam Carriker? Anyone know how long he's signed for? Should we stick a fork in him, or does he still have a decent chance to make the team ..?
    We'll have to see how healthy he is. At this point, though, I suspect he'll need to play his way onto the roster.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I'm sure I'm in the minority here but according to your criteria I would add Bulger to the list.

I just don't think anyone will trade for him and it doesn't make much sense to just cut him.

IMO

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    I'm sure I'm in the minority here but according to your criteria I would add Bulger to the list.

I just don't think anyone will trade for him and it doesn't make much sense to just cut him.

IMO
    I'm with you on this. I would also like to see another QB come in via FA to compete with him. If he wants to keep his job, he has to play for it. I wouldn't mind seeing Orton in horns. He is a handful of years younger, is playing very well, and has a nice record as a starter. Not football Godlike, but nice. If he ends up being a substantial upgrade, sobeit.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    I'm with you on this. I would also like to see another QB come in via FA to compete with him. If he wants to keep his job, he has to play for it. I wouldn't mind seeing Orton in horns. He is a handful of years younger, is playing very well, and has a nice record as a starter. Not football Godlike, but nice. If he ends up being a substantial upgrade, sobeit.
    /agreed Orton is a very good qB in the aspect he can manage a game pretty well and not just out right give it to the other team and/or give us a chance to win.... Having Orton, Null and Bulger or a draft choice would be nice to mix things up...

And to add to the point I'd love to get Brandon Marshall or Steve Breaston in FA at WR

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    /agreed Orton is a very good qB in the aspect he can manage a game pretty well and not just out right give it to the other team and/or give us a chance to win.... Having Orton, Null and Bulger or a draft choice would be nice to mix things up...

And to add to the point I'd love to get Brandon Marshall or Steve Breaston in FA at WR
    This might sound odd, but I would take Breaston over Marshall, as he does his job well QUIETLY....LOL....I like the sneak attack players that fly under the radar.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

TheRammer Guest

Quote Originally Posted by MOM View Post
    This might sound odd, but I would take Breaston over Marshall, as he does his job well QUIETLY....LOL....I like the sneak attack players that fly under the radar.
    I do to and i'm a mIchigan man so I love me some ex-Wolverine players! lol anywaysHe would serve us well in punt return duties for sure... I like Marshall since he is a true no1 receiver and is big a physical which we need one like him but not sure if he'd be willing to come to our franchise and if he did I'm certain he wouldn't be like TO. I'd be mad if my coach didn't want me there and I din't do any shannaigans...

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

coming off the back of a 21 catch 200 yard game..i think its a long shot in our chances of getting Marshall..sure its hard to tell what McDaniels & Co think about their players..but for a new coach to get rid of Cutler in his first off-season and let Marshall walk through F.A in his second...i wouldnt advise lil Josh to go out dining in public anywhere near Denver for several years.
    also if we got past the hurdle of Marshall leaving the Broncos i think there would have to be a salary cap in place for us to use our favourable cap position or the likes of the Skins,Cowboys,Jets,Bears etc...will probably have him signed up before we even get him in for a visit. theres is a chance we could sign him..but like already stated..i think its a long shot.

i think with Orton they may wanna keep him around..atleast for another season..Orton has always been a tidy smart player,not great but good at just getting the job done...also he has played the majority of his career in cold and windy conditions and still seen decent production,a good sign in my eyes..maybe his arm would be even better when he played the majority of his games indoors....if he became available i would jump all over him and we can get a good prospect then with our second round pick..which we would almost certainly be able to pick up a kid with 1st round talent. then go for someone like the QB out of West Michigan later on in the draft or maybe even a Jevan Snead..both players with some good upside but a lil too raw to start straight away not a problem if we got Orton..they could sit for 2 or 3 years and get eased into the role ...

i like Breaston a lot..with a QB who could consistently give them the ball..Breaston,Avery,Robinson,Gibson,perhaps Golden Tate in the second or one of the other good prospects at the wideout position..with Amendola rotating in at times..that could be a pretty potent recieving corps to deal with in time...i think its pretty possible that he could become available...not sure how he would feel about signing for us tho.,, what is his overall opinion of us from what he`s seen by playing us..does he see us moving upwards in the long run or goin` nowhere...sure money pays a part but i dont think a player at his stage in his career what 25? 26? would take a few extra bucks over being on a team on the rise...he might just prefer to leave the West and join a team with more pieces visibly in place. i can see him going to the Bengals personally.. Palmer throwing to him...Chad Johnson drawing the attention of the primary CB away from him but still getting plenty of touches as the number 2 guy..

all 3 players i would love to have but im not gonna pin my hopes on us signing any of them. not from our doing..but things out of our control.