Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    thermobee's Avatar
    thermobee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    28
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    11

    2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    I know that there is a salary cap for the rookies but nobody ever says what it is. So if anyone knows please do share with us and also if anyone can find our total payroll after the rookie signings please post, because im having trouble finding it.


  2. #2
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,459
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    I believe I read somewhere after we sign bradford we will have about 37 cents in the bank lol.

    But isn't the cap the same throughout the league?

  3. #3
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I believe I read somewhere after we sign bradford we will have about 37 cents in the bank lol.

    But isn't the cap the same throughout the league?
    I could be wrong, but I believe the league assigns different rookie pool amounts to different teams based on thier number of picks and the position of those picks.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  4. #4
    thermobee's Avatar
    thermobee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    28
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I could be wrong, but I believe the league assigns different rookie pool amounts to different teams based on thier number of picks and the position of those picks.
    Do you know the exact numbers?

  5. #5
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    Do you know the exact numbers?
    Sorry, no idea. They might be published somewhere, but I haven't seen them.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  6. #6
    TheBritishRam's Avatar
    TheBritishRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Oxford
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,169
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    I thought it was about $10 million reserved for one draft class.

  7. #7
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,875
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Tip Sheet notes: Rams get top share
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com
    Originally Published: May 7, 2010

    First in the draft pecking order by virtue of its 1-15 record in 2009, St. Louis received the largest rookie pool this year, nearly $7.6 million, ESPN.com has learned from documents it obtained this week. In addition to owning the first overall choice, the Rams also were one of only five franchises to exercise 10 or more choices. That daily double combined to afford the Rams, who selected 11 prospects, the highest rookie pool number.

    The Rams' rookie allocation is roughly $500,000 less than the $8 million-plus bounty the Detroit Lions received last year, in part for owning the No. 1 selection. But the total rookie pool for the entire NFL, $155.993 million, represents a bump of nearly 3.5 percent from the aggregate allocation for the 2009 class.

    Tampa Bay and Seattle, which had nine picks each, were the only other franchises with rookie pools in excess of $7 million. Philadelphia exercised the most choices, 13, and received an allocation of $6.977 million, fourth highest in the league.

    Last year's top choice, quarterback Matthew Stafford, received a six-year contract with a maximum value of $78 million, with $41.7 million of that guaranteed. Sam Bradford, who was said to be very impressive at last week's three-day minicamp for the Rams, is represented by the same agent who negotiated Stafford's deal, Tom Condon of CAA.

    This marks the second straight year in which the top rookie pool allocation in the league decreased. Two years ago, the Kansas City Chiefs received a record $8.22 million rookie allocation.

    Even without a salary cap in place for the 2010 season, there is a rookie allocation to which all 32 franchises must adhere. But this could be the final year for the rookie pool in its current state. The NFL and NFL Players Association are expected to make a rookie wage scale an element of the next extension to the collective bargaining agreement.

    The rookie pool represents the maximum amount that each club can spend, in terms of total cap dollars, on its first-year players. For undrafted free agents, only the prorated share of their signing bonus, not minimum base salaries, count against the rookie pool. The formula for arriving at each team's rookie allocation is regarded as Byzantine even by some cap managers and is a function of how many picks are exercised by a team and where those choices are slotted in each round.

    A record 13 teams received allocations of $5 million or more this year. Ten clubs, one more than a year ago, were allocated less than $4 million. The Chicago Bears, who did not have a choice in the first two rounds because of previous trades, and who chose only five players in all, had the lowest rookie pool, $2.003 million. The New York Jets, who had a league-low four selections, were the only other franchise under $3 million.

    There were eight franchises that used six choices or fewer, and six of those teams ranked in the bottom 10 in rookie allocation. Conversely, four teams exercised two picks each in the first round, and all ranked in the top 11 allocations.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  8. #8
    thermobee's Avatar
    thermobee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    28
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Tip Sheet notes: Rams get top share
    By Len Pasquarelli
    ESPN.com
    Originally Published: May 7, 2010

    First in the draft pecking order by virtue of its 1-15 record in 2009, St. Louis received the largest rookie pool this year, nearly $7.6 million, ESPN.com has learned from documents it obtained this week. In addition to owning the first overall choice, the Rams also were one of only five franchises to exercise 10 or more choices. That daily double combined to afford the Rams, who selected 11 prospects, the highest rookie pool number.

    The Rams' rookie allocation is roughly $500,000 less than the $8 million-plus bounty the Detroit Lions received last year, in part for owning the No. 1 selection. But the total rookie pool for the entire NFL, $155.993 million, represents a bump of nearly 3.5 percent from the aggregate allocation for the 2009 class.

    Tampa Bay and Seattle, which had nine picks each, were the only other franchises with rookie pools in excess of $7 million. Philadelphia exercised the most choices, 13, and received an allocation of $6.977 million, fourth highest in the league.

    Last year's top choice, quarterback Matthew Stafford, received a six-year contract with a maximum value of $78 million, with $41.7 million of that guaranteed. Sam Bradford, who was said to be very impressive at last week's three-day minicamp for the Rams, is represented by the same agent who negotiated Stafford's deal, Tom Condon of CAA.

    This marks the second straight year in which the top rookie pool allocation in the league decreased. Two years ago, the Kansas City Chiefs received a record $8.22 million rookie allocation.

    Even without a salary cap in place for the 2010 season, there is a rookie allocation to which all 32 franchises must adhere. But this could be the final year for the rookie pool in its current state. The NFL and NFL Players Association are expected to make a rookie wage scale an element of the next extension to the collective bargaining agreement.

    The rookie pool represents the maximum amount that each club can spend, in terms of total cap dollars, on its first-year players. For undrafted free agents, only the prorated share of their signing bonus, not minimum base salaries, count against the rookie pool. The formula for arriving at each team's rookie allocation is regarded as Byzantine even by some cap managers and is a function of how many picks are exercised by a team and where those choices are slotted in each round.

    A record 13 teams received allocations of $5 million or more this year. Ten clubs, one more than a year ago, were allocated less than $4 million. The Chicago Bears, who did not have a choice in the first two rounds because of previous trades, and who chose only five players in all, had the lowest rookie pool, $2.003 million. The New York Jets, who had a league-low four selections, were the only other franchise under $3 million.

    There were eight franchises that used six choices or fewer, and six of those teams ranked in the bottom 10 in rookie allocation. Conversely, four teams exercised two picks each in the first round, and all ranked in the top 11 allocations.
    Great article, thanks Nick. Now only if we can find something on where we stand for total payroll for this year.

  9. #9
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,709
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Rams get top share
    YES!!! Rams win! Rams win! Rams win!

    We're #1......we're #1.....we're #1!

    Yea, suck on that, rest of the league! Rams rule!
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  10. #10
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    32
    Posts
    19,875
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by thermobee View Post
    Great article, thanks Nick. Now only if we can find something on where we stand for total payroll for this year.
    You won't be able to find the total payroll for the 2010 season for a while, since they still have to sign rookies and make cuts leading up to opening day.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  11. #11
    thermobee's Avatar
    thermobee is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    28
    Posts
    600
    Rep Power
    11

    Re: 2010 Salary Cap St Louis Rams

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You won't be able to find the total payroll for the 2010 season for a while, since they still have to sign rookies and make cuts leading up to opening day.
    Thanks Nick, Ill post up again in september.

Similar Threads

  1. Thomas Chat--Jan 6
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
  2. Jim Thomas Live Tuesday, January 15
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -01-17-2008, 03:29 PM
  3. Jim Thomas Live, Nov 20th--Lots of good stuff
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-21-2007, 03:18 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-26-2007, 08:01 AM
  5. Have Fun,enjoy
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: -06-21-2006, 12:54 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •