throwback week

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By richtree

Thread: 2011 St. Louis Rams (Let's only look at the Positives of this season) !!!

richtree is offline Registered User

2011 St. Louis Rams (Let's only look at the Positives of this season) !!!

2011 St. Louis Rams (Let's only look at the Positives of this season) !!!

Yes, that's right there are many positives that came out of this. Obviously, the negitives come to the fore-front but let's take a look at the positives.

#1 -- We learned Jason Brown can't play at a high level anymore, since his brother's unfortunate death in the War he no longer has the desire. This frees up his contract and the ability to link Bradford to a new center for the next 8 years.

#2 -- The Rams moved on from Spags quickly and are in the drivers seat for many new coaches and GMs dying to get the #2 pick and Sam Bradford

#3 -- The injuries to the secondary provided us with 2 (or more) new players that can play in the NFL. Gordy, Stewart, and more...

#3 -- Robert Quinn wasn't rushed and looks like Long and Quinn will be great next season.

#4 -- The Rams have more cap space than almost every other team (and that is before cuts)

#5 -- The Rams have the #2 pick in a draft where 5 (maybe more) teams will want to trade up for this golden pick for RGIII.

#6 -- Mikel and Dahl are NFL starters that will be 100% reliable for the next season.

#7 -- The roster decisions are easy for the Rams this off-season. The Rams really don't have any bad contracts. Only Jason Brown, who can be moved to guard, cut or re-structured, seemed to be the one player in limbo.

#8 -- Sam Bradford is good, real good. He can make all the NFL throws and simply needs 3 big offensive lineman to get this offense turned around.

#9 -- Sjax will be fine for next year, and a young guy is needed behind him, not a vet.

#10 -- Salas and Danny are both good slot guys, and DX can play when healthy.

LASTLY, STAN KROENKE WANTS TO WIN AND WILL DO WHATEVER IT TAKES TO RIGHT THE SHIP.

**I really feel like this off-season will be a start to great things for the Rams -- it just seems that everything is falling into place for a new coach, new GM, super deep talent in the draft, #2 pick, free agency with Cap Space, and the NFC where Sam Bradford will be the best QB in the division next season***

Rams fans will keep our heads up because the off-season is the turn around we thought we were having 2 years ago.....

enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    J-RodRamFan likes this.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Re: 2011 St. Louis Rams (Let's only look at the Positives of this season) !!!

I honestly thought this would be the shortest thread in the history of this site. You make many good points and I agree with most of them, particularly the final comments about Stan and our off-season. Sadly I recall feeling the same when we hired Spags and John Shaw left the team. Time will tell.

I think we have a few more bad contracts than you cite. Aside from Jason Brown we have to revisit Jason Smith's contract and we have a 6.5 million roster bonus for Ron Bartell, who may not even be able to play again.

I do like your positive spin overall.

Go Rams!

shower beers is offline Registered User

I was unaware of the first point on Jason Brown. What a terrible thing to happen...

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    I honestly thought this would be the shortest thread in the history of this site. You make many good points and I agree with most of them, particularly the final comments about Stan and our off-season. Sadly I recall feeling the same when we hired Spags and John Shaw left the team. Time will tell.

I think we have a few more bad contracts than you cite. Aside from Jason Brown we have to revisit Jason Smith's contract and we have a 6.5 million roster bonus for Ron Bartell, who may not even be able to play again.

I do like your positive spin overall.

Go Rams!
    Bartell has come out and said it 5 times already that hes ready to play. Hes healthier than anybody we have at this point. He WILL be back next season, no thoughts or questions asked about it. He could of lined up 2 weeks ago had he not been on IR.

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

I think you're right about Brown and it seems to have been something most people didn't know. After his brothers death he seems to have lost the desire. That's the only explanation I can think of. He was a great player but I guess things have been put in an unfortunate perspective for him now, and rightly so. I can imagine the NFL is quite trivial to someone who has to deal with something like this.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.