richtree is offline Registered User

2011 St. Louis Rams offensive line and wide Receivers

It's obvious that this is a major problem. I haven't watched as much of the games as I would like due to other commitments and not having the games on my DVR.

I watch teams like the Tennessee Titans , Buffalo Bills, Dallas Cowboys, New York Giants, and even the Carolina Panthers and see success all over the field even with turnover on their respective offensive lines.....

Jacob Bell may not be a good fit......

I am interested to hear who do you think is playing well ???

Obviously, some of it because WR's aren't making plays but there is more to it ?

maybe Bell and Brown aren't a good fit ????

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: 2011 St. Louis Rams offensive line and wide Receivers

I would honestly re-structure the contracts of Jason Brown and Jason Smith. If they are unwilling to do so, I'd trade them for picks. And if the trade doesn't work either, I'd release them. They have both been playing subpar. We made Brown the highest paid center in the league a few years ago, and he has been playing like a BUST.

Jason Smith is a bust. He is dumb, slow, cant block, and tries too hard to be Harvey Dahl. Matter of fact, Harvey Dahl isn't doing great either.

I don't even know what to do. I want to keep all of the guys, but their salaries are ridiculous. Brown should be payed around 3.5 mill, not 7 or 8. Jason Smith should be making around 3 mill as well, not 9. Saffold will get re-structured in the offseason I'd think. Bell is a FA, who I'd like to re-sign as long as it wont break the bank (4 mill). Dahl is right around 4.5 mill too.

Then with the saved money I'd extend the contracts of : Bradley Fletcher, Chris Long, Rodger Saffold, and James Laurinaitis.

I'd re-sign (off the top of my head) : Danny Amendola, Cadillac Williams, Jacob Bell, and James Hall.

FA : Go after Dwayne Bowe like you said in one of you're other posts. Draft Michael Floyd (we both like him). All of our little problems will be solved. No-one will be saying "Fire McD!" Bradford needs WR's who can constantly get open. He needs a line that will block.

I feel like upgrading the WR core alone will make the line better. Sam can get the ball out quicker and more effectively. Also our running game will have lots of space to operate with a good passing game.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

So, how will you feel when we bring Dwayne Bowe here, sign him, draft Michael Floyd, and they BOTH suck when they arrive?

How would you feel then?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    So, how will you feel when we bring Dwayne Bowe here, sign him, draft Michael Floyd, and they BOTH suck when they arrive?

How would you feel then?
    I'd be pissed, but at least we tried. Pettis and Salas aint gonna change ANY WR problems we got.