Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: 2012 Rams First Round Pick (#14): Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: 2012 Rams First Round Pick (#14): Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    You cannot hope to unearth an offensive stud in the latter rounds, while it is MUCH MORE likely to get a real good interior lineman at that time.

Huh? How do you determine that?

Of last years Pro Bowl rosters, four out of 10 WR selections were a first round pick (AJ Green, Larry Fitzgerald, Calvin Johnson, Roddy White)

While looking at the DTs 5 out of 8 selected were first rounders (Haloti Ngata, Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Justin Smith, BJ Raji)

I know the Pro Bowl isn't everything, but your statement is strange to me
    AvengerRam and Fat Pang like this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora on Twitter: "Love what STL and NE did yesterday and they're poised to do more damage today. Love Brockers picks, teams like TB liked him as possible top5"
    J-RodRamFan likes this.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by KCRamFan View Post
    While I was bummed Jacksonville traded up and took Blackmon, but even if he was available at #6 he doesn't automatically solve this team's problems like some of you seem to think. There are so many needs on this team it isn't even funny.
    You're right. The Rams have multiple holes. I think most fans aren't upset that the Rams picked Brockers. They're upset that we didn't get Blackmon or Floyd. If the Rams turn two of the three 2nd round picks into impact wide receivers many fans, including myself, will feel a tad better. If we get outdrawn again and come up with zero offensive help with those 2nd round picks, then that would be hard for the most ardent Kool-Aid guzzler to defend I would think.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I like that Brockers wears #90. Assuming he wears that for the Rams (I don't think anyone has that number right now), he will hopefully carry the legacy of one the most underrated Rams of all time, Larry Brooks.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I just can't stop thinking about the Albert Haynesworth (in his prime) type of impact Brockers is going to have.

THE DREAM TEAM

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Great deal. I don't understand all the fuss.

Cannot wait for tonight.

Randle or Hill/Janoris/and BPA.

RamFan876 is offline Registered User

I am surprised that his combine performance didn't scare them in the least. He was one of the slowest, weakest, and less agile performers this year. The fact that he was a sophomore with mediocre stats who follows in the steps of Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson worries me as well. If he turns out to be a perennial All-Pro, I will never look at combine results before a draft ever again. :-)

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Just speaking honestly. If you don't like it, tough. Only a complete clown with too much time on his hands would take the time and trouble to scan every single post of someone you don't agree with, pick out select quotes and try to pick a fight. Offer an alternative opinion about how you'd have handled the draft instead of looking for trouble. I feel the Rams did a horrible job in round one and I could care less if you or anyone else on this board disagrees. We had a chance to galvanize the fan base and provide our 50 million dollar investment with the best receiver in the draft and didn't do so because we vacated our original spot, then got outfoxed by Jacksonville, of all people. Adding insult to injury, Arizona takes Michael Floyd at #13 and pairs him with Larry Fitzgerald.
    I was not trying to pick a fight, even though you make yourself a target for such things. And now, I see that you have been slapped around rather heavily this morning by Nick.

Rather, I simply wanted to capture all your negative BS in one post. Contrary to your assumption, I don't have much spare time to waste on this site, especially with the likes of your type. It took less than 10 minutes to read the entire thread and create the post. The beauty of understanding the functions within Windows and the ClanRam site allows me to cut & paste all your negative BS without ever typing on the keyboard. Quick and easy.

As far as your reference to a complete clown. Well I'd rather be a clown than an adolescent whiner and a troll disguised as a Rams fan.

Interesting that you are now baggin' on Jeff Fisher and how he is going about the rebuilding process. I guess the man crush you had on him this past spring is now over?

I also find it interesting that you opposed the trade out of the number two spot, which when all was said and done, allowed the Rams to trade one prospect for five prospects, three of which are first round.

Five guys for one is somehow foolish in your book? You go right ahead and try selling that garbage. I doubt one person with a level-headed opinion buys it and hence you will simply be left to wade alone in your festering cesspool of negativity.
    Yodude, Rammed and Jinx like this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

we will rally around michael brockers and we will play good defense!!
    RealRam, lostsoul and thillis like this.

Yodude is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    I also find it interesting that you opposed the trade out of the number two spot, which when all was said and done, allowed the Rams to trade one prospect for five prospects, three of which are first round.

Five guys for one is somehow foolish in your book? You go right ahead and try selling that garbage. I doubt one person with a level-headed opinion buys it and hence you will simply be left to wade alone in your festering cesspool of negativity.
    100 % on the money. This trade reminds me of the Cowboys-Vikings trade involving Hershel Walker. I'm sure everyone remembers that the draft picks from that trade carried the Cowboys to 3 championships in the 90's.

At this point we have too many holes to fill to worry about any one player. I would have loved Blackmon as a Ram, and I think Fisher and Snead would have too. But to say we shouldn't have traded out of the 2nd pick or the 6th (once Blackmon was gone) is just silly. These next 3 drafts are going to make this team one of the best in the league for the next decade, and I for one can't wait.
    Nick and SWFCRAM like this.
    Clannie Nominee for ClanRam's Thickest Poster

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan876 View Post
    I am surprised that his combine performance didn't scare them in the least. He was one of the slowest, weakest, and less agile performers this year. The fact that he was a sophomore with mediocre stats who follows in the steps of Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson worries me as well. If he turns out to be a perennial All-Pro, I will never look at combine results before a draft ever again. :-)
    Vernon Gholston.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    We will rally around Michael Brockers and we will play good defense!!
    May your words and Vermeil sentiments ring true amigo!

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011