Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree234Likes

Thread: 2012 Rams First Round Pick (#14): Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Re: 2012 Rams First Round Pick (#14): Michael Brockers, DT, LSU

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    We do need a DT, but it sucks to miss out on both Blackmon & Floyd. Knowing now that our WR core will not have a #1 WR yet again next year, is just flat out depressing. I can only imagine what Bradford is thinkIng.
    I don't think you can make that assumption RamFan, there's a lot left at the WR position from what I can see and we're 2/3 of the way down the first round. We can still land a big target for Sam and get some outside help in the LB corps in the 2nd.

ShaneFalco Guest

bunch of morons running the rams FO, people wonder the Rams are the laughing stock of the NFL. Last good WR we selected was Torry holt.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Donnie Avery? Keenan Burton? Austin Pettis? Mardy Gilyard? We've had such great luck unearthing gems in the early rounds that I'm completely nuts for being thoroughly pissed at what the Rams have done. Their recent history spanning 3 different head coaches and GM's hardly inspires confidence.

The tweets mean nothing. First of all, Tony Softli worked for the Rams and it's hardly surprising he'd comment positively. And does one REALLY think either Snead or Fisher would voice displeasure about what they've done? This team had a chance to get an immediate impact player on the offensive side of the football and failed to do so in a year after it finished 31st in total offense and had 16 total touchdowns.

Clueless.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -04-26-2012 at 10:18 PM.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

Tom Brady was drafted in the 6th round....everybody calm down

viper is offline Registered User

Guys, games are won in the trenches. DT has been one of my top priorities for years, only to be disappointed time and time again. Finally, we have a slobber knocker to plug up the middle and push the pile back so the QB won't be able to step up into the pocket so easy. Advantage...Chris Long and Robert Quinn. I don't know about you, but I'm tired of getting gashed every game by a bunch of no name running backs. As far as I'm concerned, we just addressed a huge need and picked up a 2nd round pick in the process. There are still some talented receivers in this draft. It ain't over until it's over. I'm sure that the FO has a plan and are sticking to their board.
    RealRam, MoonJoe, Rambos and 6 others like this.

ShaneFalco Guest

Ya its pathetic. We need offense and the only people who actually see it are the fans and the media, o and teams like Arizona, our division rivals.

Brockers is a big, rangy and athletic interior lineman who anchored the middle of LSU’s great defense last year as a redshirt sophomore and also has the potential to play at defensive end, too. The pathetic Rams need help everywhere, including on the defensive front: they were gashed for 4.8 yards per rush attempt last year (28th). St. Louis is sitting pretty overall: stockpiling picks by twice trading down out of their original No. 2 overall pick.
    There's another talking head for us all to consider.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Not jumping with joy with this pick but i like it!

Rams are rebuilding with Jeff Fisher, having 3 second round picks can help out alot for us. Thats one more starter we can have on the field!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    bunch of morons running the rams FO, people wonder the Rams are the laughing stock of the NFL. Last good WR we selected was Torry holt.
    Outstanding contribution to the boards.
    Rambos, Bar-bq, BrokenWing and 5 others like this.

LARAM is offline Registered User

WOW!!!! What a bunch of winy babies making posts. I'm kind of disappointed in the negative comments. So just go to sleep already or go throw up and leave the board.

Michael Brockers is a MAMMOTH of a STUD who played on a top caliber college defense #1 or #2 on any given weekend last year. He fits perfectly into the defensive scheme I hope that will develop into what Pittsburgh and Baltimore have already. All of you cry babies or so called "know it alls" should reevaluate your football IQ. So was Justin Blackmon gonna win 16 games by himself. Was he gonna be the savior of all of the Rams problems. There's plenty of WR talent left.

If any of you sour apples kwew anything about Jeff Fisher, or football in general, YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED this from Jeff Fisher. When did he ever covet superstar offensive players anyway. He came here and plans to build a DEFENSE FIRST scheme.

Everyone should be welcoming Michael Brockers with open arms. Face it we needed someone like this anyway. If he pans out I don't think we'll be disappointed.
    RealRam, Rambos, viper and 9 others like this.

ShaneFalco Guest

brb rebuilding until 2050 when the Rams move back to LA.

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    WOW!!!! What a bunch of winy babies making posts. I'm kind of disappointed in the negative comments. So just go to sleep already or go throw up and leave the board.

Michael Brockers is a MAMMOTH of a STUD who played on a top caliber college defense #1 or #2 on any given weekend last year. He fits perfectly into the defensive scheme I hope that will develop into what Pittsburgh and Baltimore have already. All of you cry babies or so called "know it alls" should reevaluate your football IQ. So was Justin Blackmon gonna win 16 games by himself. Was he gonna be the savior of all of the Rams problems. There's plenty of WR talent left.

If any of you sour apples kwew anything about Jeff Fisher, or football in general, YOU SHOULD HAVE EXPECTED this from Jeff Fisher. When did he ever covet superstar offensive players anyway. He came here and plans to build a DEFENSE FIRST scheme.

Everyone should be welcoming Michael Brockers with open arms. Face it we needed someone like this anyway. If he pans out I don't think we'll be disappointed.
    Outstanding post.

Some of the contributors to this thread and others should be directed to the post-dispatch boards where they'd feel right at home.
    Jonze likes this.

nuclearman is offline Registered User

Well .... not sure about this one but he is a great DT ... time will tell -- I just hope it's a positive for once ..
    Fat Pang likes this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post

Gee, the fact you're from Louisiana doesn't color your judgment on Brockers much, does it? Just another unproven, raw wide body who benefitted from phenomenal talent around him at LSU. He is hardly a can't miss prospect who could just as easily be another Jimmy Kennedy rather than a pro bowler.

If YOU watched the Rams last year, you witnessed an offense that set records for futility and a franchise QB who when healthy had no one to throw to. And if you've seen the recent Rams draft history of guys like Mardy Gilyard, Donnie Avery, Keenan Burton and numerous others, you also will realize the sense in being skeptical the Rams will avoid this pitfall yet again over the weekend. They had a chance to get a big time stud receiver who would energize their 50 million dollar investment at the QB position (and galvanize the fan base along the way, I might add) and blew it. Forgive me for not jumping through hoops over this draft strategy.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -04-26-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    He is hardly a can't miss prospect who could just as easily be another Jimmy Kennedy rather than a pro bowler.
    NJ, we can say the same about Blackmon and Claiborne can't we?
    RealRam and lostsoul like this.