throwback week

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: 2012 Rams Second Round Pick (#39): Janoris Jenkins, CB, N. Alabama

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Re: 2012 Rams Second Round Pick (#39): Janoris Jenkins, CB, N. Alabama

For everyone that wanted Jenkins. You got him and all his baggage. He is now a Ram.

I sure hope Fisher is right. He has tremendous talent as a football player lets just hope he uses that talent and stay's clean.

I was hoping for a OT Jonathon Martin. Most scout sites had him rated as one of the best pass blockers in the draft.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Great pick(s).
    RFRH, Hub and AV...
    Guys, please...
    Either you all had no life in college, or you just didn't get caught.
    Or you way too old before your time.
    I cannot believe the crap I'm reading about these picks.
    You have an interesting concept of having a "life in college." This isn't about smoking marijuana. This is not about being at the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong cops. This is not about having kids with multiple partners.

Its about self-control. Jenkins is fortunate enough to have been born with physical abilities that thousands wish they had. Two years ago, he was on the path toward being a Top 10-15 selection. All he had to do was keep working and exhibit the self-control to stay out of trouble. He failed to do the latter.

Thanks to North Alabama and, now, the Rams, he has a second chance. I hope he uses it well and succeeds. I would have had the same hope had he gone to another team (well, maybe not if he went to the Niners).

Would I have taken him? No. In my view, the risk (ever so slightly) outweighed his potential.

I hope I was wrong.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.

Rammed is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Agree 100%. Bad teams shouldn't be taking huge chances on guys of questionable character. His track record speaks for itself. And I just heard him interviewed on ESPN. Hardly a well-spoken guy who inspires confidence.
    You sir are trolling, I know for sure now!

Like the potential but he scares me, I agree with AV it's about selfcontrol. Boom or Busted....

sashadpb is offline Registered User

Now we need to draft in 6th round some trained German Shepherd to keep Jenkins away from drogs!

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'm all for redemption, and quite frankly I'd like to think that our FO has some faith in the guy, otherwise, yes, of course this would be a mistake. Hopefully he can bring his superior talent to St. Louis with a level head.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I like the pick. Great talent. Cortland Finnegan will keep him in line.
    RealRam likes this.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

"..The low point for the 5-9, 190-pound Jenkins might have come in May 2009, when police used a stun gun while arresting him, and he was charged with arrest without violence. Florida coach Will Muschamp kicked Jenkins off the team in April 2011.."

In addition to!!!!

"..Rams third-round pick Trumaine Johnson, a cornerback from Montana, also was stun-gunned in college. Police subdued Johnson last October at a weekend party.."

Wow.... I think we can safely say we are the Reservoir dogs of the NFL!

The 4 pillars, may they R.I.P
    Last edited by UK Ramfan 83; -04-28-2012 at 08:26 AM.
    GROUND DOG 39 likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    Unfortunately, that isn't "nuff said".

When the guy screws up again, and history says he will, and he's not on the field or with the team, all that freakin' talent will be worth squat.
    I know where your coming from RFRH. It is a risky selection, no doubt about it.? But all that talent makes him worth the risk in my opinion. The chances of him reinventing himself are probably around fifty-fifty. But with a change of scenary, and with mentor's like Fisher and CB Finnegan guiding him. It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest, if he turns his life around.?

mh-i is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    We just drafted Lawerence Phillips 2.0.... WTH???
    Exactly. Pot busts and 4 kids by 3 wives. This guy has a major potential to crash and burn once he gets a few paychecks.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by VegasRam View Post
    Great pick(s).
    RFRH, Hub and AV...
    Guys, please...
    Either you all had no life in college, or you just didn't get caught.
    Or you way too old before your time.
    I cannot believe the crap I'm reading about these picks.
    Well since you asked, Sin City, yes I somehow got through college without being arrested on multiple dope charges and managed to not have 4 kids with 3 women. And contrary to your apparent Epicurean world view, it was a wonderful 4 years. It's called developing a good decision making process.

But that's irrelevant.

Surely, you see the complications this kid brings to the team. He has all kinds of talent, and may be an awesome addition. But there will be complications. This kid will have all sorts of legal issues thrown at him from these 3 women wanting cuts of his paycheck. That will be a distraction; that's just a fact. Will he be able to backburner that and perform on the field? I certainly hope so. And how many more arrests does he have in him? If he starts getting arrested, you think Sheriff Goodell is going to let that slide? Of course not.

If he stays clean, then this pick is a homerun. But let's not pretend there's no risk involved. If his "youthful indiscretions" continue, it will cost the Rams. If not, then the Rams got 2 first round picks out of this draft.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    Exactly. Pot busts and 4 kids by 3 wives. This guy has a major potential to crash and burn once he gets a few paychecks.
    Antonio Cromarte is expecting his 11th and 12th kid with his current wife; the dude has like 7 or 8 baby momma's and his career is doing fine

I thought Fisher did not want to go down another pacman route but it appear fisher still likes pacman during the draft they said fisher said "pacman was good when he was in the building" after an experience like that im sure fisher will try to intervene in Jenkins off-field life.

Since we had 3 second rounders and we have two first rounders next year as well as the following year i think the risk factor has decreased. So the potential reward of this pick has outweighed the risk.

I dont get the complete bashing thou: We were all witnesses to the four pillar BS and now some complain because this guy is not a four pillar player????
    Fettmaster likes this.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Well drafting model citizens has not exactly worked for us at all the last several years. Not to mention would there be this much talk if we drafted Floyd and his drinking and driving issues? We had a guy with the same issue on this team named Leonard Little in case some of you forgot. I ddint hear boos after he made sacks after killing someones mother while drinking and driving.

People deserve second chances and we are far from talented so i'll take the risk. Quick is a good kid but he could be a bust to it really doesn't make a difference why your a bust in my opinion. If its because of character issues or because you suck if you can't make it in the NFL for what ever reason you are a bust. We used 1 of our 3 second round picks on a guy with possible character issues if he doesnt pan out he's no different than any of the other bust's we drafted because in the end they are a bust.

As for being Lawrence Phillips, i think Phillips was like the 7th over all selection and liked to beat women. I think smoking weed and getting in bar fights is just being immature. Hopefully Jenkins can grow up where LP was just a flat out bad guy.

Like I said everyone deserves a second chance Like Little and Ricky Williams to name a few.
    Just Fix It

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Ricky Williams has had WAY MORE that a second chance. He's had dozens of chances because he's such a talent. But the dude's on the vile weed. It's all he lived for; more weed. He's quit and gone to the Himilayas to smoke weed. He loves weed. Gotta have it man.
    "The horror"

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    Loved the "Sin City" allusion.
    My view was (including a bit of wine- ran out of weed), a reaction to the negativity and moralizing.
    And as I recall, Faulk had several kids by several women.
    Fettmaster likes this.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

general counsel is offline Registered User

All of us have incomplete information on jenkins. Question, would any opposed to the pick change their mind if they had done all the diligence that fisher did? Maybe, maybe not. The combine interviews, the background checks with coaches etc, are very important. we dont have access to that info.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast