Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: 2014

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderwolf View Post
    Bradford could not do anything when it really mattered. Over thowing or missing wide open recievers, 4 stright incompletions when we needed it most. A franchise QB does not play that bad. Sure he had a career high in yardage, but only when the game was out of reach. Bradford is woefully inconsistant, and non existant when it really matters.
    You miss last weeks game?? Or the 4 other games he has conducted a drive late in the 4th that lead to a tie or lead. Those moments of a game do tend to matter...

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford haters seem to lack all logic. I wonder if these are the same people who wanted Warner booted after he struggled a couple years.

It's amazing how our entire defense and offensive line can just be awful for nearly an entire game yet they want to blame the guy who threw for 377 yards and 3 TD's.
    RamDez and AvengerRam like this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    It's amazing how our entire defense and offensive line can just be awful for nearly an entire game yet they want to blame the guy who threw for 377 yards and 3 TD's.
    Sorry, but the Prevent Defense is the only reason he got most of those. When they put the prevent D on the shelf, Sam couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

gap
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    Sam Bradford haters seem to lack all logic. I wonder if these are the same people who wanted Warner booted after he struggled a couple years.

That's crazy, reading through posts I was JUST thinking about making a thread regarding that and seeing the correlation. I might still do it.

It being, are posters here who support Bradford or think he should still get a chance with better help the same ones who preferred to keep Warner over Bulger. Or vice versa.

I for one still believe in Bradford and was very disappointed when Warner was run out of town. Hated Bulger no matter what since till his end of term with Stl. So ill start the thread. I'm very interested seeing the correlation if there is one.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul View Post
    I'd hate to see what you guys would do if we actually had a bad QB.
    We do. Hopefully he can prove otherwise but after three years, it does not look like its going to happen. Hes a solid back up. Thats it. I would love to be proved wrong. Im just not seeing it though.

citr92 is offline Registered User

boy people just don't get it...

who has really played like an elite QB at 25 years old?

BrokenWing is online now Registered User

At least we don't have that Tom Brady guy, he's terrible. So far he has no touchdowns and threw a ball too low for a receiver to catch it in a clutch 3rd down. Just Terrible.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    Sorry, but the Prevent Defense is the only reason he got most of those. When they put the prevent D on the shelf, Sam couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.
    Not sure when the prevent was being utilized, but Bradford hit the barn on 18 of 26 attempts in the 4th quarter, including 7 of 10 on the Rams final drive.
    RamDez and Judaxi like this.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Kurt Warner was not "run out of town" nor treated unfairly. He had a horrific year (3 TDs, 11picks) that led everyone and their mother- including respected football people- to believe he was on the decline. There were questions about his ability to grip the football due to a hand injury, and many felt he would never experience the success he had in the GSOT years. In fact it took him 5 years to approach similar stats to his glory years with the Rams. This is hardly reason to consider any Ram fan disloyal for thinking Warner was finished.

I've been a Bradford supporter who nonetheless recognizes that along with talent and some great qualities he has some shortcomings as a player. The problem I have with many of his supporters is that there is always an excuse for his mistakes. It's always someone else's fault- the line, the WRs, the play calling- and only a passing mention is made of his own culpability. The problem I have with his detractors is the irrational view that the guy "sucks" or is somehow a "bust". Such sentiments are as foolish as they are untrue. And I feel he is the guy to lead us for the forseeable future.

I've said it a billion times: As the talent around him continues to be upgraded, we will be able to get a more accurate reading of his ability, and at the end of 2013 I think we'll have a more definitive picture of Sam Bradford.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-16-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    UK Ramfan 83 likes this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    boy people just don't get it...

who has really played like an elite QB at 25 years old?
    The amount of sports fans who literally don't understand sports is extremely high. I've posted many of these elite qbs early career stats and shown that Bradford has played comparably, or better, than many of them but it doesn't matter. The people constantly criticizing Bradford aren't looking at things logically. They look at him as a former #1 pick, the fact we are only an average team and pin all the blame on him.

A lot of these posters seem to only show up after a loss and only to blast Bradford.

For example go and look at the backup QB's of 90% of the NFL and they literally would be awful as starters. Yet we have people like Spiderwolf trying to tell us that Bradford ceiling is that of a Charlie Batch, Byron Leftwich, John Skelton, Jason Campbell or on and on.

I get the feeling a lot of these people either just don't like Bradford or don't follow sports closely. The fact they somehow think that Brady, Brees, Eli and etc were elite Qb's at age 24-25 and that somehow Bradford, who is already a mid level QB, has no more untapped upside, even while surrounded by a poor line and average receiving corps literally defies all logic. The only way I could see someone coming to that conclusion is if they don't watch sports regularly and don't understand that tons of young players struggle early in their careers before hitting their stride.
    RamDez and BrokenWing like this.

Spiderwolf is offline Registered User

Im sticking to my guns. I just dont think Bradford has the talent. And I have been watching the Rams for 50 years! I was a huge Bradford fan when we drafted him. But after watching him for three years now, I just dont think he has the talent to get it done.

Having said that, I hope Im wrong and he becomes an elite quarterback like Brady and Manning. I will be the first to admit Im wrong, because I want the Rams to win as bad as anyone. I still have and wear my Rams Superbowl shirt from 12 years ago!

And I was also a huge Warner fan and hated the Rams for dumping him and going with Bulger, one of the worst QBs ever. Now that guy I hated!
    RamDez and Fargo Ram Fan like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User

It's threads like this that make me want to take a hiatis from the forum. If any of you watched the game tonight between the Pats and the Whiners the same guys saying Bradford is a bust would be saying the same thing about Tom Brady after his performance tonight if they were Patriot fans on their forum.

"Yeah, that Tom Brady sucks. Throwing picks and making bad off-target throws. He sucks.... Worst QB ever...."

As mcpeepants said, the stats say that Bradford IS a good QB. SO good in fact that the new coach that you all (and me included) praised for his football smarts made the decision to take the job with the Rams BECAUSE OF SAM. Those were his words. He wanted to work with Sam because he knows football, and knows Sam can be a good one. Guess he doesn't know talent when he sees it either, according to some of you experts... What was he thinking? Doesn't he realize that Sam is mearly a backup?

Really guys?
    Flippin' Ram likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Are some of you guys watching the same game i am? lol i would love to argue with some of you in person but i cant have the spirited an lengthy debates i would like online.Sam Bradford is always a topic of discussion i guess we just have to get used to it,until he leads us to a Superbowl people wont be happy.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Sam Bradford....we love him when we win, hate him when we lose. You can't blame this game entirely on Sam; we were bad on both sides of the ball. From Sam, he was bad with the fumbled snap, overthrown balls, and the horrible pick six.

BUT....on defense. We can't give the defense a pass. Quinn misses a key sack on Ponder which could have stopped a TD. And anyone who had their TV on yesterday saw that robotic machine AP running all over us. Bradford played bad in the first half, but he didn't give up.

Fargo Ram Fan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    It's threads like this that make me want to take a hiatis from the forum. If any of you watched the game tonight between the Pats and the Whiners the same guys saying Bradford is a bust would be saying the same thing about Tom Brady after his performance tonight if they were Patriot fans on their forum.

"Yeah, that Tom Brady sucks. Throwing picks and making bad off-target throws. He sucks.... Worst QB ever...."

Im not giving up on Sam...yet...even though he may miss more deep, open receivers, than any in QB in the league. That said, Brady was playing in a freezing downpour...all night...against the #5 pass defense. Sam was playing INDOORS vs something like the #25 pass defense. Lets keep it real.
    "You people point your 'f'in' finger and say theres the bad guy....what that make you....good?" Tony Montana

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast