Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

With the 226th pick in the NFL Draft, the Rams select George Selvie, DE, USF

Rams add more depth at DE with a Big East stud!

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

AlwaysBackwards is offline Registered User

Re: With the 226th pick in the NFL Draft, the Rams select George Selvie, DE, USF

i love this pick

Ramone is offline Registered User

Re: With the 226th pick in the NFL Draft, the Rams select George Selvie, DE, USF

Man, I wish there is 8th round too! We're getting better and better!

Bing69 is offline Registered User

seeing i dont know anyone of these late ends. Do you guys think any will be good enough to earn a starting place, even a 5+ sack guy every year?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

It's guys like this that make me scratch my head at Scouts Inc.'s grading system.

He grades out as a 59 in their system, but his skills, intanglibes, and stuff they rate as elite or above average. So why is he so low on their boards if he produced at an elite level, has elite pass rush skills, elite intanglibles, elite competitiveness, and is great but not elite at run blocking?

I don't know much about this kid by the way, so I don't have an opinion, just makes me wonder how they basically say, this kid is elite at everything he does, but hes one of the last DE's on our board. Makes me not understand their grading system.

Anyone have some good info on this guy?

rammiser is offline Registered User

Just Fix It

I remember tahat, two years ago, after fantastic sophomore season, he was considered as legit first round pick.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

He might get 5 sacks a season.

I think he is a back-up LE that is a situational pass rusher good value in the 7th

shower beers is offline Registered User

Love this pick! I didn't realize he was still available. We're really adding some depth to the d-line. Let's hope a couple of these guys pan out.

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Ranked as a second or third round player by Scott Wright

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

From Draft Countdown

Strengths:
    Lanky frame with long arms --- Explosive with a burst to close --- Quick with good playing speed --- Can bend off the edge --- Good balance, agility and body control --- Active with a non-stop motor --- Does a terrific job in pursuit --- Great range --- Uses his hands well --- Good instincts --- Tough --- Physical --- Real productive --- Lots of experience.

Weaknesses:
    Undersized --- Struggles to add and maintain weight --- Just average athleticism --- Has to get stronger --- Doesn't hold up very well versus the run --- Has trouble getting off blocks --- Plays too tall at times --- Is not real fluid in space --- Minor durability concerns --- Position change ?

Notes:
    Was a four-year starter for the Bulls --- A two-time All-American ('07 & '08) --- Garnered All-Big East honors in 2007, 2008 and 2009 --- A Buick rolled off of a car jack and onto his head as an infant --- Father was in the military and moved around a lot as a youngster --- Played center in high school and began his college career at just 217 pounds --- Was hampered by an ankle injury in 2008 --- Enjoyed a fantastic sophomore campaign but play dropped off sharply the next two seasons --- Was never the elite pro prospect that some made him out to be early in his career --- Classic 'tweener who profiles as a situational pass rusher in a 4-3 defense or perhaps even an outside linebacker in a 3-4 scheme.

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

So disruptive. im excited.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Good college player who showed very poorly at the combine. Before the combine he was looked at as a 3rd round prospect, after he was looked at as a 6th or 7th. Mostly it's the slow 4.89 40x I think.

Sport Illustrated

Assessing the top NFL prospectson defense as the 2008 begins

George Selvie/DE/South Florida (Underclassmen): Selvie is a pass rushing force who makes plays behind the line of scrimmage with regularity. His playing style remind many of Simeon Rice and like the former All Pro, Selvie is an early first-round pick.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I think the reason his production dropped after his sophomore year was because teams started double teaming him, zoning him out.

That is why Jason Pierre Paul looked so good. Because teams would concentrate on Selvie instead.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast