Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 24 Hours Later

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: 24 Hours Later

As I didn't have much expectation going into this game because:

1. Qwest Field is maybe the toughest place to play on the road.
    2. First game for this coaching staff
    3. Seattle had a bad year last year and wanted to make a statement early

The outcome was much like I expected. I was very happy with the way the defense played though. They gave up a few big gains on the ground but overall they played ok. Would of liked to have seen a better pass rush, or any pass rush, but that will come. I think the secondary played their best game in years.

This year I'm looking for improvement every week. Next year with the cap gone is what's really going to be interesting. Is this ownership going to be aggressive and spend money to get a winner in here or are they going to sit on their wallets and look for a seller?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Tx I agree with you in that I expected a loss, but I didn't expect one as bad as we saw. I'm very very happy that we were fighting till the end, and very happy with Spags calling all three time outs at the end of the game, causing a shower of boos from the crowd. This is a team that will not go away, and eventually we'll pull off some wins. This team is tougher than we had under Linehan. We can already see that. And we'll get better. As it was stated earlier in the thread, we're basically letting a bunch of kids run out there and see what they can do. The thing with that is that they are going to make mistakes. But at the same time, it's hard to gauge what they can do on film because there's so little of it on them, plus they will improve with every week that they play. We won't at all be a contender this year, you're right on that Tx, but we will be in the coming years.

As for your point on whether or not we'll be big spenders next year, I doubt it. We have a young, hungry team now and I think we'll only make free agent acquisitions to shore up our depth. Under Devaney we're going to build through the draft like a good franchise does. We might bring in a starter or two through free agency, maybe an offensive guard is Bell doesn't shape up or we let Cogs go(I'm assuming/hoping that Greco can be an effective starter at some point), but I think that we're not going to improve many positions because we're growing starters this year.

Wade played effectively in his first start ever. Imagine what he can do after a full year! Laurinaitis is already a stud. Imagine where he'll be after he starts playing as opposed to thinking! Robinson and Avery will come along over the year and if the line starts coming together Bulger might actually be able to make some noise with them. We're a better team than we showed this weekend, we just need to grow into it.

kegger56 is offline Registered User

Rams fans do need to remember that The hawks, and fans very overly jacked for this game as it was the first in around 9 years w/o Holmgren and we have a totally new philosophy on both sides of the ball. Expecting a win in game 1 was homer (and for the record if the shoe was on the other foot I would have done the same). I guess what I'm trying to say is don't gauge the season after last game because I think that there were good things from it. It may take 5-6 games, but the Rams may very well be on the fast track up!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by kegger56 View Post
    Rams fans do need to remember that The hawks, and fans very overly jacked for this game as it was the first in around 9 years w/o Holmgren and we have a totally new philosophy on both sides of the ball. Expecting a win in game 1 was homer (and for the record if the shoe was on the other foot I would have done the same). I guess what I'm trying to say is don't gauge the season after last game because I think that there were good things from it. It may take 5-6 games, but the Rams may very well be on the fast track up!
    Thanks for being a gracious winner kegger56. It will be interesting to see how well the hawks do this year with a different coaching staff and with new philosophies in place. The rams do not get to expect home wins. We do not have the same crowd that you do. St Louis is often taken over by the rival fans and it is not an advantage.

I think the Rams are in for a slow, painful season. The defense looked good in some aspects and they should improve. The offense looked bad to me and I am not sure how they will do this year. An average defense, and a below average offense is not going to get us many wins.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12