STLRAMSFAN Guest

257 yards rushing

Skins had 257 yards rushing and we had 49 yards rushing. Jackson had 24, Fitz had 22, and Faulk 3 (1 carry).

Fitz 21-36 163 yards passing and Brunell 14-21 156 yards. I thought Fitz did as well as Brunell did today and Brunell was sacked 0 times and rarely hurried. Average game for Fitz considering OL and no running game.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: 257 yards rushing

Given how obvious it was that our #1 need going into the year was improving our run defense, which was more pressing than the right tackle spot, isnt it truly amazing how little we have improved against the run. We are the absolute worst tackling team on gods green earth.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rampage39 is offline Registered User

heck i was surprised that we were still in it in the 4th quarter. i've never seen a defense that allows about every run to get atleast 5 yards.

rampete is offline Registered User

marmie has effectively morphed the rams defense into the 'zona cardinals of three seasons past...

(paraphrasing an astute observer at realrams)

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Yea it wasn't a good game for our D but atleast Bartell looked good shutting down Moss and Jacobs. Also Claiborne showed that when he is in the game he can play very well. Coakley got hurt its sad to see for his sake but he wasn't helping this D anyways. This will be a offseason of challenges. New HC, new DC, new defensive players. New FO also. I think we should keep Claiborne though because it showed that when he is in the game alot of the game that he can help out. I know he had a few good Tackles for Loss and sniffed out a few screen passes. Thats my take on the D.
    RamsFan16

rampete is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Yea it wasn't a good game for our D but atleast Bartell looked good shutting down Moss and Jacobs...
    well, i can see how you may see it that way...but my take on it was that the skins were running so effectively today that they didn't need to test the pass much...

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Yea but still Brunell passed 21x's it gives Bartell some confidence which is a good thing!
    RamsFan16

Mooby is offline Registered User

I think Bartell can be a great corner in the future. You guys got a steal with him in the draft. The Washington Post did a series on him pre-draft, and i was really impressed. I would rather the redskins had taken Mike Williams with the 9th overall pick, then taken Bartell with the 25th pick. Good luck with him.

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    Given how obvious it was that our #1 need going into the year was improving our run defense, which was more pressing than the right tackle spot, isnt it truly amazing how little we have improved against the run. We are the absolute worst tackling team on gods green earth.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Written above by general counsel is the best post of the year. That is the truth beyond all else. We were ran out of the playoffs in a record smashing embarrassing way by the Falcons and that was our overwhelming offseason priority - and it was an abysmal failure.

Our Running DEF and our OFF-line were two glaring weaknesses. With this failure of the Rams Organization why are the same people being entrusted with turning this thing around? Because the owner is out to lunch and fox is guarding the henhouse.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

It seems like Pickett is the only one showing up every game. Plus, the LB corp just didn't get the job done this year. Maybe it was a good thing that we didn't pay them a ton of bonus money to come here.

We get some relief cap wise with Warner off the books, but to make it work we will have to keep the Coakley and Claiborne one more year as we have approx $7 million of dead money tied up in Turley for next year.