Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

The Rams have had offensive line problems for years.

They signed the best FA offensive lineman on the market.

They drafted the best OL in the draft.

What's not to like?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

I'm getting real tired of being the voice of reason here.

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    I'm Sorry But I HATE This Pick! Now we have to Face Curry Twice a year! and now I see why the Lions didn't get Curry because they will also have the 20th 0verall pick which I think they will use for Rey Maualuga. I think We Already Failed in the Draft!!!!!!
    And if we took Curry he would have had to face some big ol' offensive tackle who could have neutralized him twice a year.

SEATTLE WAS DRAFTING 4TH. THEY WERE GOING TO GET SOMEONE GOOD REGARDLESS OF WHO WE PICKED. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TEAMS DRAFT IN THE TOP 5.

ludairv is offline Registered User

man were soo screwed ......Curry goes 4 .. Division rival..... twice a year....and now the seahawks have the youngest and most promising line backing corp for years to come.. curry's got the outside if jackson decides to break it out....and that freak Totupu has the middle covered...this sucks man.... the lineman draft class was soo deep this year

blood85 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    I'm Sorry But I HATE This Pick! Now we have to Face Curry Twice a year! and now I see why the Lions didn't get Curry because they will also have the 20th 0verall pick which I think they will use for Rey Maualuga. I think We Already Failed in the Draft!!!!!!
    So what, even though J.Smith hasn't proven anything, neither has Curry. They are rookies, the NFL is a whole different level. What, did you think Curry could play Offensive tackle and block for S.Jax and Bulger??? No way, the Rams did the right thing.

Re: I'm getting real tired of being the voice of reason here.

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    And if we took Curry he would have had to face some big ol' offensive tackle who could have neutralized him twice a year.

SEATTLE WAS DRAFTING 4TH. THEY WERE GOING TO GET SOMEONE GOOD REGARDLESS OF WHO WE PICKED. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TEAMS DRAFT IN THE TOP 5.
    Thank You, exactly my points.

Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    man were soo screwed ......Curry goes 4 .. Division rival..... twice a year....and now the seahawks have the youngest and most promising line backing corp for years to come.. curry's got the outside if jackson decides to break it out....and that freak Totupu has the middle covered...this sucks man.... the lineman draft class was soo deep this year
    And they have an aging Quarterback and an aging line. Linebackers alone don't win games.

punahou is offline Registered User

With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select A mistake....

And they have an aging Quarterback and an aging line. Linebackers alone don't win games.
    and OTs do? No matter what ANY of you clique posters here say with all your 'rep', you CANNOT refute that most of the competative NFL teams do not have a top 2 pick starting at Left OT.I would have loved to see a trade down that would have netted us 2 mid r1s (possibly package our rd2) that would allow us to take Maualuga and Oher.
    It has been stated that Barron is a MUCH better pass blocker than run blocker.
    Steven "Missin In Action Jackson" still netted 1000 yards with our perceved poor Offensive line, and based on Shurmers run 1st philosphy, that seems fine.

Yes, yes-- cliche-- but DEFENSE wins games. Its a proven fact that NFL teams who hold their oppoents to

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Come on Ramblin...when the only negative thing you can say about a guy is that his legs look like Beyonce's...(which makes no sense since he's a 300 pounder & she's not) then I think its safe to say that he's a great pick!

well that has been my point all along..a 309pounder with thin lady like legs...i personally think he`s too top heavy...but im happy to be proven wrong as i have many times over players in my 26 years of following the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    well that has been my point all along..a 309pounder with thin lady like legs...i personally think he`s too top heavy...but im happy to be proven wrong as i have many times over players in my 26 years of following the Rams.
    ? Beyonce has some thick legs

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    and OTs do? No matter what ANY of you clique posters here say with all your 'rep', you CANNOT refute that most of the competative NFL teams have a top 2 pick starting at Left OT.I would have loved to see a trade down that would have netted us 2 mid r1s (possibly package our rd2) that would allow us to take Maualuga and Oher.
    Steven "Missin In Action Jackson" still netted 1000 yards with our perceved poor Offensive line, and based on Shurmers run 1st philosphy, that seems fine.

Yes, yes-- cliche-- but DEFENSE wins games. Its a proven fact that NFL teams who hold their oppoents to
    1. A trade down was virtually impossible under the current salary conditions. I'm pretty sure just about all of us, including the Rams front office, wanted a trade. The value wasn't there, though. Devaney did as well as he did with the Sanchez bluff.

2. Everyone in the NFL has a 1000 yard rusher nowadays. The real goal is 1500-1800 yards. Could S-Jax do that without a new offensive tackle?

3. No, defense wins championships, which the Rams are far away from, while offense scores points to win games. I'll be generous and say having Curry would knock off 4 points from an opponent's point total.

The Rams were getting blown the "f" out much of the last season. They had a worse point diffential than the Lions for much of the year. Saving 4 points a game doesn't do this team a lot of good.

Conversely, Jason Smith, the Best OT, allows Bulger and Jackson to stay upright and score another touchdown or two a game. That helps the Rams far more than a OLB turned MLB.

1. A trade down was virtually impossible under the current salary conditions. I'm pretty sure just about all of us, including the Rams front office, wanted a trade. The value wasn't there, though. Devaney did as well as he did with the Sanchez bluff.

2. Everyone in the NFL has a 1000 yard rusher nowadays. The real goal is 1500-1800 yards. Could S-Jax do that without a new offensive tackle?

3. No, defense wins championships, which the Rams are far away from, while offense scores points to win games. I'll be generous and say having Curry would knock off 4 points from an opponent's point total.

The Rams were getting blown the "f" out much of the last season. They had a worse point diffential than the Lions for much of the year. Saving 4 points a game doesn't do this team a lot of good.

Conversely, Jason Smith, the Best OT, allows Bulger and Jackson to stay upright and score another touchdown or two a game. That helps the Rams far more than a OLB turned MLB.
    the new OT could have come in RD 2, without much a drop off in perceived talent.and defense does win games-- look at what Ozzie Newsome has built in Baltimore, look at what the Rooneys built in Pittsburgh.Defense allows the Offense to face increasingly tired opposition defenses due to the fact that the opposiotions defense is on the field all the time.The greatest show on turf wouldnt have been as prolific if they didnt have their good defenses behind them.On a side note-- I see Maualga, Lauranitis,and Matthews still off the board....Im scared of NE and Pittsburgh though.

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    and OTs do? No matter what ANY of you clique posters here say with all your 'rep', you CANNOT refute that most of the competative NFL teams do not have a top 2 pick starting at Left OT.I would have loved to see a trade down that would have netted us 2 mid r1s (possibly package our rd2) that would allow us to take Maualuga and Oher.

Not if they're on the field all day, because the offense can't score points, while it may be true that Defense wins Championships, it takes two to Tango, as they (defense/offense) can help each other out. Look, the Rams have drafted a top pick the last, what 3yrs for defense??? What has that done for our playoff chances, nothing so far. We needed someone to block for Bulger, otherwise, you better get Long, Carriker ,Hill and Co. to play "both ways", assuming they are not gassed by the time 2nd quarter comes around. I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. How much Longer can the Rams go with a Patchwork offensive line? 2, 3, 4, 10 years??? I don't think so. Changes start with our biggest need, offensive line.

tdog08 is offline Registered User

We will get a starting LB so im happy now

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

For the Jason Smith haters, would've you have been happy with either:

Sanchez and Britton/Beatty?
    Curry and Britton/Beatty?

WE BETTER TAKE REY MAUALUGA!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast