Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 72
  1. #31
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,479
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    The Rams have had offensive line problems for years.

    They signed the best FA offensive lineman on the market.

    They drafted the best OL in the draft.

    What's not to like?


  2. #32
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    I'm getting real tired of being the voice of reason here.

    Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    I'm Sorry But I HATE This Pick! Now we have to Face Curry Twice a year! and now I see why the Lions didn't get Curry because they will also have the 20th 0verall pick which I think they will use for Rey Maualuga. I think We Already Failed in the Draft!!!!!!
    And if we took Curry he would have had to face some big ol' offensive tackle who could have neutralized him twice a year.

    SEATTLE WAS DRAFTING 4TH. THEY WERE GOING TO GET SOMEONE GOOD REGARDLESS OF WHO WE PICKED. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TEAMS DRAFT IN THE TOP 5.

  3. #33
    ludairv's Avatar
    ludairv is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    277
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    man were soo screwed ......Curry goes 4 .. Division rival..... twice a year....and now the seahawks have the youngest and most promising line backing corp for years to come.. curry's got the outside if jackson decides to break it out....and that freak Totupu has the middle covered...this sucks man.... the lineman draft class was soo deep this year

  4. #34
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    I'm Sorry But I HATE This Pick! Now we have to Face Curry Twice a year! and now I see why the Lions didn't get Curry because they will also have the 20th 0verall pick which I think they will use for Rey Maualuga. I think We Already Failed in the Draft!!!!!!
    So what, even though J.Smith hasn't proven anything, neither has Curry. They are rookies, the NFL is a whole different level. What, did you think Curry could play Offensive tackle and block for S.Jax and Bulger??? No way, the Rams did the right thing.

  5. #35
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: I'm getting real tired of being the voice of reason here.

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    And if we took Curry he would have had to face some big ol' offensive tackle who could have neutralized him twice a year.

    SEATTLE WAS DRAFTING 4TH. THEY WERE GOING TO GET SOMEONE GOOD REGARDLESS OF WHO WE PICKED. THAT'S WHAT HAPPENS WHEN TEAMS DRAFT IN THE TOP 5.
    Thank You, exactly my points.

  6. #36
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by ludairv View Post
    man were soo screwed ......Curry goes 4 .. Division rival..... twice a year....and now the seahawks have the youngest and most promising line backing corp for years to come.. curry's got the outside if jackson decides to break it out....and that freak Totupu has the middle covered...this sucks man.... the lineman draft class was soo deep this year
    And they have an aging Quarterback and an aging line. Linebackers alone don't win games.

  7. #37
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select A mistake....

  8. #38
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    And they have an aging Quarterback and an aging line. Linebackers alone don't win games.
    and OTs do? No matter what ANY of you clique posters here say with all your 'rep', you CANNOT refute that most of the competative NFL teams do not have a top 2 pick starting at Left OT.I would have loved to see a trade down that would have netted us 2 mid r1s (possibly package our rd2) that would allow us to take Maualuga and Oher.
    It has been stated that Barron is a MUCH better pass blocker than run blocker.
    Steven "Missin In Action Jackson" still netted 1000 yards with our perceved poor Offensive line, and based on Shurmers run 1st philosphy, that seems fine.

    Yes, yes-- cliche-- but DEFENSE wins games. Its a proven fact that NFL teams who hold their oppoents to

  9. #39
    Ramblin` Ram's Avatar
    Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Nation of Rams
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,401
    Rep Power
    54

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Come on Ramblin...when the only negative thing you can say about a guy is that his legs look like Beyonce's...(which makes no sense since he's a 300 pounder & she's not) then I think its safe to say that he's a great pick!

    well that has been my point all along..a 309pounder with thin lady like legs...i personally think he`s too top heavy...but im happy to be proven wrong as i have many times over players in my 26 years of following the Rams.

  10. #40
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    well that has been my point all along..a 309pounder with thin lady like legs...i personally think he`s too top heavy...but im happy to be proven wrong as i have many times over players in my 26 years of following the Rams.
    ? Beyonce has some thick legs

  11. #41
    PeoriaRam's Avatar
    PeoriaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    2,173
    Rep Power
    39

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    and OTs do? No matter what ANY of you clique posters here say with all your 'rep', you CANNOT refute that most of the competative NFL teams have a top 2 pick starting at Left OT.I would have loved to see a trade down that would have netted us 2 mid r1s (possibly package our rd2) that would allow us to take Maualuga and Oher.
    It has been stated that Barron is a MUCH better pass blocker than run blocker.
    Steven "Missin In Action Jackson" still netted 1000 yards with our perceved poor Offensive line, and based on Shurmers run 1st philosphy, that seems fine.

    Yes, yes-- cliche-- but DEFENSE wins games. Its a proven fact that NFL teams who hold their oppoents to
    1. A trade down was virtually impossible under the current salary conditions. I'm pretty sure just about all of us, including the Rams front office, wanted a trade. The value wasn't there, though. Devaney did as well as he did with the Sanchez bluff.

    2. Everyone in the NFL has a 1000 yard rusher nowadays. The real goal is 1500-1800 yards. Could S-Jax do that without a new offensive tackle?

    3. No, defense wins championships, which the Rams are far away from, while offense scores points to win games. I'll be generous and say having Curry would knock off 4 points from an opponent's point total.

    The Rams were getting blown the "f" out much of the last season. They had a worse point diffential than the Lions for much of the year. Saving 4 points a game doesn't do this team a lot of good.

    Conversely, Jason Smith, the Best OT, allows Bulger and Jackson to stay upright and score another touchdown or two a game. That helps the Rams far more than a OLB turned MLB.

  12. #42
    punahou's Avatar
    punahou is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    HAWAII
    Posts
    620
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    1. A trade down was virtually impossible under the current salary conditions. I'm pretty sure just about all of us, including the Rams front office, wanted a trade. The value wasn't there, though. Devaney did as well as he did with the Sanchez bluff.

    2. Everyone in the NFL has a 1000 yard rusher nowadays. The real goal is 1500-1800 yards. Could S-Jax do that without a new offensive tackle?

    3. No, defense wins championships, which the Rams are far away from, while offense scores points to win games. I'll be generous and say having Curry would knock off 4 points from an opponent's point total.

    The Rams were getting blown the "f" out much of the last season. They had a worse point diffential than the Lions for much of the year. Saving 4 points a game doesn't do this team a lot of good.

    Conversely, Jason Smith, the Best OT, allows Bulger and Jackson to stay upright and score another touchdown or two a game. That helps the Rams far more than a OLB turned MLB.
    the new OT could have come in RD 2, without much a drop off in perceived talent.and defense does win games-- look at what Ozzie Newsome has built in Baltimore, look at what the Rooneys built in Pittsburgh.Defense allows the Offense to face increasingly tired opposition defenses due to the fact that the opposiotions defense is on the field all the time.The greatest show on turf wouldnt have been as prolific if they didnt have their good defenses behind them.On a side note-- I see Maualga, Lauranitis,and Matthews still off the board....Im scared of NE and Pittsburgh though.

  13. #43
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    43
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    19

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    and OTs do? No matter what ANY of you clique posters here say with all your 'rep', you CANNOT refute that most of the competative NFL teams do not have a top 2 pick starting at Left OT.I would have loved to see a trade down that would have netted us 2 mid r1s (possibly package our rd2) that would allow us to take Maualuga and Oher.
    It has been stated that Barron is a MUCH better pass blocker than run blocker.
    Steven "Missin In Action Jackson" still netted 1000 yards with our perceved poor Offensive line, and based on Shurmers run 1st philosphy, that seems fine.

    Yes, yes-- cliche-- but DEFENSE wins games. Its a proven fact that NFL teams who hold their oppoents to
    Not if they're on the field all day, because the offense can't score points, while it may be true that Defense wins Championships, it takes two to Tango, as they (defense/offense) can help each other out. Look, the Rams have drafted a top pick the last, what 3yrs for defense??? What has that done for our playoff chances, nothing so far. We needed someone to block for Bulger, otherwise, you better get Long, Carriker ,Hill and Co. to play "both ways", assuming they are not gassed by the time 2nd quarter comes around. I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. How much Longer can the Rams go with a Patchwork offensive line? 2, 3, 4, 10 years??? I don't think so. Changes start with our biggest need, offensive line.

  14. #44
    tdog08's Avatar
    tdog08 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    24
    Posts
    101
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    We will get a starting LB so im happy now

  15. #45
    Bald_81's Avatar
    Bald_81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Canada
    Age
    25
    Posts
    882
    Rep Power
    22

    Re: With the 2nd overall pick, the Rams select Jason Smith, OT, Baylor

    For the Jason Smith haters, would've you have been happy with either:

    Sanchez and Britton/Beatty?
    Curry and Britton/Beatty?

    WE BETTER TAKE REY MAUALUGA!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Trivia - Share What You Know
    By AlphaRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: -11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
  2. Jim Thomas Live
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -11-23-2008, 08:57 PM
  3. Gordo Post Game Chat
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-08-2008, 08:23 AM
  4. Gordo Live: 4/14/08
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-14-2008, 09:27 PM
  5. Jim Thomas Live Tuesday, January 15
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -01-17-2008, 03:29 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •