Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Blackkmon

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Black

I got a fever and the only prescription is drafting Blackmon!!

Dwight Frye is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Black

Yep, I'm on the Blackmon wagon too. I also wanted Kalil, but after tonight ...

Plus, if McHoodie does stay, then so does Mr. Lloyd. Wow, imagine that ... Blackmon on one side, Lloyd on the other ....
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.
    If a team won their division seven straight times, that would be a NFL record. Now add on that team did it with seven different QB's in seven straight years,that record is unbeatable. To do that feat, you must of had a great Defense. Jack Youngblood was the captain of that defense.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Frye View Post
    Yep, I'm on the Blackmon wagon too. I also wanted Kalil, but after tonight ...

Plus, if McHoodie does stay, then so does Mr. Lloyd. Wow, imagine that ... Blackmon on one side, Lloyd on the other ....
    I think if given the option, McDaniels (and hence Lloyd) will only stay if the Rams promise to draft Blackmon.

By doing so, McDaniels will finally be given a legitimate weapon to work with outside Bradford and Lloyd, and he won't be limited anymore. He cannot risk the possibility of having another bad year which will make him look insanely bad, so he needs weapons to work with and that means ​Blackmon.
    39WillRunYaOva likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I've been on board with Blackmon for months. This is why. Hes unbelievably talented, and just straight up makes plays. Blackmon will be here wearing #81 in April, and he wont be a dissapointment and embarrassment to the Rams #81 like Mardy Gilyard was...

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

If we keeo MCD keep lloyd if not nap dbowe,draft blackmon and we have our Wr's.And yes Blackmon played tonight with a thigh infection and on an insane amount of pain killers/meds.Still pulled off 8 rec 186 yards 3 tds what a fricking monster!!!Bring it on JB!!!
    dgr828 likes this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Honestly, screw trading the pick. We cannot risk losing a talent like this. He is going to be in our laps. The third touchdown just showed his intensity and a swagger we have not seen in STL in a long, long time.

I feel like pre-ordering an 81 Blackmon already
    Tampa_Ram likes this.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Watching Blackmon today all i could think of was "Big time players make big time plays in big time games"

Its hard to argue against him after that game.

We have a lot of cap room, Could you imagine signing OG Carl Nicks and WR Stevie Johnson? Then go DT/OLB with our 2nd and 3rd to shore up our run D.
    Last edited by lostsoul; -01-03-2012 at 03:36 AM.
    RockinRam likes this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

we will trade and get a lineman bust and life stinks again
    RockinRam likes this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Honestly, screw trading the pick. We cannot risk losing a talent like this. He is going to be in our laps. The third touchdown just showed his intensity and a swagger we have not seen in STL in a long, long time.

I feel like pre-ordering an 81 Blackmon already
    Didn't the Rams retire the # 81? (T. HOLT)
    Blackmon anounces after the game hes leaving school early for the
    NFL Draft!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I like the guy and think we should draft him, but we absolutely must get this o-line taken care of or it won't matter who we put at the receiver position. When listening to various comments about teem needs throughout the league, I hear of a lot of teams needing offensive line help- and thus there will not be a ton of quality guys from which to pick and choose.

And I thought Khalil said he was staying in school??

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Didn't the Rams retire the # 81? (T. HOLT)
    Blackmon anounces after the game hes leaving school early for the
    NFL Draft!
    No, they didn't. 81 is currently worn by Stephen Spach, and i've not seen any reason to bring him back either
    they didn't retire Holt's 81, but they retired Bruce's 80

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Just imagine having 3, YES 3 wr's that could catch (Blackmon, Lloyd, Amendolla). bind boggling isnt it
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

If RG3 comes out, it's going to be a very interesting decision to be made by the new front office and coach. With the new rookie salaries, it's going to be much easier to find suitors for that 2nd pick, but those same suitors could be looking to buy Blackmon just as much as RG3 as well. Also, with the Polians out in Indy, Irsay loving Peyton and Wayne on his way out... don't expect Luck to Indy being a 100% sure thing. Peyton could maybe win a ring to go out on with Blackmon and nothing else. Of course, that then means we get a bounty for Luck at #2.

Last thing, Rockin, McDaniels is under contract and has not been fired. While coaching contracts are not exactly unbreakable, he's not going anywhere unless Kroenke/new FO/coach wants to get rid of him. I hope he stays as that will all but ensure that Lloyd stays as well and Sam will have continiuity to next year.
    I believe!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Right now, I can see only four acceptable reasons for the Rams to pass on Blackmon:

1. The Rams are offered a trade option that is so one-sided in their favor that they just can't say no.
    2. The Rams break the bank and sign two top end FA WRs before the draft.
    3. Blackmon is arrested for a first degree felony between now and the draft.
    4. Blackomon is hit by a piece of the International Space Station as it crashes to Earth.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I had my doubts about Blackmon, but after watching him last night for the first time. I don't think he will have too many problems gaining separation, at the next level. He just plays the game like a man possessed. I was worried Blackmon would show signs of pedestrian play, because of his speed. But the explosion was their for all to see. I think he definitely has the pop in his game, to make plays at the next level. He kind of reminded me of Larry Fitzgerald, only quicker.?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast