Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Blackkmon

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Black

Blackmon did have himself a nice game I also like that he showed some fire by asking for the ball. Luck also showed why he will be the first player taken.

Drafting Blackmon will come down to the Chicken or the Egg... the dilemma stated as "which came first, the chicken or the egg? What does the new regime believe to be true. The Chicken being a great O line and or the Egg having a great receiver core...

You need both but which one comes first?
    Nick likes this.

J-RodRamFan is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Black

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Blackmon did have himself a nice game I also like that he showed some fire by asking for the ball. Luck also showed why he will be the first player taken.

Drafting Blackmon will come down to the Chicken or the Egg... the dilemma stated as "which came first, the chicken or the egg? What does the new regime believe to be true. The Chicken being a great O line and or the Egg having a great receiver core...

You need both but which one comes first?
    And this is what has had me on a see-saw for the first pick. I was always on the WR bandwagon (Blackmon), but you need to protect your QB. If your QB has no line, the ball won't make it to the WR's and you also make it harder on your running game. Blackmon sure made a case last night and I would still love to get him but I hope our line is good enough to get him the ball in the first place.

macrammer is offline Registered User

We do need both. Can you get a good lineman in the later rounds? Can you get a goodlineman through FA. Blackmon seems like a gamechanger any team that gets him. But, we absolutely need to protect and give Sam time. Let's see what our soon to be new regime comes up with but boy, would Blackmon look good in the Ram colors!

mh-i is offline Registered User

Blackmon is a must any way you look at it. He's way more important than wasting another pick on an offensive lineman. The Rams need playmakers(plural). He's one. Get him.

bradwill is offline Registered User

Blackmon definitely moving up the draft boards after that moster game. Suddenly, Kalil doesn't look quite as necessary as before Problem is that a slight trade-down may leave Blackmon off the board and Rams may need to take him at #2 unless a ridiculous trade offer comes along. The FA's at OT don't look all that appealing though. Ugh.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by macrammer View Post
    We do need both. Can you get a good lineman in the later rounds? Can you get a goodlineman through FA. Blackmon seems like a gamechanger any team that gets him. But, we absolutely need to protect and give Sam time. Let's see what our soon to be new regime comes up with but boy, would Blackmon look good in the Ram colors!
    Can you get a lineman in the later rounds yeah... can you get linemen in FA sure you can...

Marques Colston He was selected in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft and he is a FA.. So you can get receivers in the later rounds and in free agency.

I have said I don't care which player the Rams take they both will make us better, as long as we fix the O line...

I still think we should take Matt Kalil but now I think we won't. The buzz on RG3 is going to be unreal, we will get offered a ton for the second pick and take it. I hope that trade is with the Browns and we have a shot at Blackmon.

We are in a great spot..

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    is it april?
    For us, it's been April since the last day of the pre-season.
    RamDez and Tampa_Ram like this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

If you get Blackmon, do you require less time to protect your qarteback...if you get Kalil, do you get more time to free up your present or future wide receivers...? Faccinating questions and quite the dilema to be in!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

bradwill is offline Registered User

You look at how Colston has done or undrafted rookie FA Victor Cruz(in the dictionary under BIG PLAYMAKER presently) is doing and it's pretty amazing at what steals they were. How many OT's are going to the Pro Bowl or are elite in the NFL that were 7th rounders or undrafted, though? I'd argue that it's easier to find a real diamond in the rough at WR than OT, though I'm NOT saying draft Kalil over Blackmon either

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MoonJoe View Post
    If you get Blackmon, do you require less time to protect your qarteback...if you get Kalil, do you get more time to free up your present or future wide receivers...? Faccinating questions and quite the dilema to be in!
    Good receiver play = less burden on the O-line. Our receiving corps have been so horrible these last few seasons, opposing defenses can easily go 1-on-1 while they blitz happily.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

Matt Kalil?
    lostsoul likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The Rams need playmakers, especially at the receiver position. I don't know how anyone could watch last night's game and not think "playmaker" when they watched Justin Blackmon. The guy played much bigger than he is, breaking multiple tackles to get extra yards while also showing the speed and explosion to take the ball to the house. He certainly went out with a bang and hopefully the Rams were watching.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I've been on board with Blackmon for months.
    Except when you were arguing that you'd take Jeffery, Floyd, and even Fuller ahead of Blackmon in late September and October.

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Honestly, screw trading the pick. We cannot risk losing a talent like this. He is going to be in our laps. The third touchdown just showed his intensity and a swagger we have not seen in STL in a long, long time.

I feel like pre-ordering an 81 Blackmon already
    Yeah, you've got to be careful with trading the pick. It's nice to get additional selections when you're a team with a lot of needs, but the crop of talent to choose from once that pick comes up may not be great.

Rams fans who need a reminder of this can always look back to 2006, when the Rams traded down from the #11 spot (and a chance to take Haloti Ngata) and instead drafted Tye Hill and Claude Wroten with the extra pick they ended up with.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    I like the guy and think we should draft him, but we absolutely must get this o-line taken care of or it won't matter who we put at the receiver position. When listening to various comments about teem needs throughout the league, I hear of a lot of teams needing offensive line help- and thus there will not be a ton of quality guys from which to pick and choose.

And I thought Khalil said he was staying in school??
    The Kalil-returning-to-school reports were premature; he's coming out. You make fair points about the OL. It'll be interesting to see which direction the Rams go. Given that Saffold played well enough as a rookie to earn the confidence of most coming into 2011, it's possible the organization could want to wait and see how he does with a full offseason under his belt before spending such a high pick on the position. You never know, though.
    lostsoul and RockinRam like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

"Except when you were arguing that you'd take Jeffery, Floyd, and even Fuller ahead of Blackmon in late September and October. " Not once in my life did I ever say I'd take Fuller ahead of Blackmon. Not one time. And I never bashed Blackmon or denied his skills, I just said I think Floyd will be the better NFL talent. Note, this was what? 3 games into the season as well.

Plus, everyone is creaming their pants over Blackmon. Hes not even close to being as good as A.J Green, so for those of you who expect him to come here and single handedly change the franchise into a SB winner, the revival of the GSOT, or even make Bradford a pro bowler in his rookie year, you're setting yourselves up for dissapointment. I think in 2-3 years he will be a top NFL WR which is why we should draft him.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Not once in my life did I ever say I'd take Fuller ahead of Blackmon. Not one time. And I never bashed Blackmon or denied his skills
    Oh?

I'll Take Jeff Fuller, Alshon Jeffery, and Michael Floyd over Blackmon. At least we will have options.
    I dont like Blackmon either.
    I think Blackmon is overrated. All he does is run 9's.
    Jeffery and Fuller have killer size. I like them all over Blackmon, but I guess thats just my opinion.

I have absolutely no problem with a person changing their mind about a guy; opinions shift and change during the season, mine included. But acknowledge that's what happened rather than making it sound like you've been behind him all this time. I was involved in enough of those Draft/FA forum debates to know that wasn't the case.
    lostsoul and RockinRam like this.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

do not listen to anything sosarams says. I don't know if he's really young or whatever but he has blasted Blackmon on multiple occasions. For him to say he's been behind him all the time is completely ridiculous.

I won't like I supported taking Kalil for a long time but after watching Blackmon more and more I feel like we can't pass on a playmaker like that. If we aren't confident in our tackle combination we can draft someone in the 2nd or 3rd or sign a free agent.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast