Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Blackkmon

macrammer is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Black

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    Can you get a lineman in the later rounds yeah... can you get linemen in FA sure you can...

Marques Colston He was selected in the seventh round of the 2006 NFL Draft and he is a FA.. So you can get receivers in the later rounds and in free agency.

I have said I don't care which player the Rams take they both will make us better, as long as we fix the O line...

I still think we should take Matt Kalil but now I think we won't. The buzz on RG3 is going to be unreal, we will get offered a ton for the second pick and take it. I hope that trade is with the Browns and we have a shot at Blackmon.

We are in a great spot..

I must admit I know little to nothing about Kalil other then what I have read on this forum. I do know we went after two "Kalil" type guys already. Neither of our guys have performed up to their hype.

I did see Blackmon last night and I was sold on him as a playmaker and somebody that would look to be quite an addition to our team. I am so very interested to see how this plays out. We have an owner that wants to win, a franchise QB and some pretty good folks already on the team. We could be in the early germination of Ram dominance if it all plays out.

Gomotron is offline Registered User

Re: With the 2nd pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, the Saint Louis Rams select Justin Black

While there is no denying Blackmon's talent and aggressiveness, let me interject by saying that it would also make sense to trade down, say 8-10 spots, pick up another 2nd round pick and try to get Alshon Jefferey.

As there are so many clubs out there in need of a QB, I am sure there will be deals to be made with RG3 on the board. And there is no denying the attractiveness of nabbing another second rounder to shore up the weaknesses on the O-line and in the secondary.

Ramendola16 is offline Registered User

I think a big question becomes if we value Blackmon significantly more than Alshon Jeffrey or not. At one point this season, I remember the two being regarded as fairly equal. Could we trade out of 2 and still grab Jeffrey? Or is Blackmon just that much better?

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    I think a big question becomes if we value Blackmon significantly more than Alshon Jeffrey or not. At one point this season, I remember the two being regarded as fairly equal. Could we trade out of 2 and still grab Jeffrey? Or is Blackmon just that much better?
    Beginning of the season, I loved Jeffrey. Had my doubts on Blackmon and I thought he would be the next Crabtree.

I still have my reserves on Blackmon but there is no denying his playmaking ability.

The problem with Alshon Jeffrey is that without being targeted alot, there's not much to analyze. He's a mystery. Will his full potential be harnessed by a great NFL QB? Or will he flounder like the typical tall, lethargic, average speed WR (Mike Williams, Jonathan Baldwin, Limas Sweed).

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramendola16 View Post
    the problem with Jeffery is people question his work ethic. Blackmon just seems like such a sure thing. If we could get a second and drop to 8-10 I honestly might take someone like Martin from Stanford, grab a guy like Sanu with our first second and an olb, dt or back up rb(Chris Polk) with our other 2nd

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Oh?

I have absolutely no problem with a person changing their mind about a guy; opinions shift and change during the season, mine included. But acknowledge that's what happened rather than making it sound like you've been behind him all this time. I was involved in enough of those Draft/FA forum debates to know that wasn't the case.
    My fault for no response, I hadn't seen this thread. I was obviously incorrect with the type of seasons Jeffery and Fuller had, not so much Floyd. I guess at the beginning of some seasons things change. I still think Jeffery and Floyd will be killer at the NFL level. Had Floyd not had off the field issues he may very well be rated as high as Blackmon. Not to mention that people are starting to think that Kendall Wright is the #1 rated WR in this draft. Fuller im not so sure about. I actually have no clue why I'd say something like that. Perhaps I was just trying to stress my point.

At the end of the day I like Blackmon. Is he #2 worthy? No, but thats irrelevant. If he comes here and improves our offense and becomes an elite WR like I and many others think he will be, than lets take him. I would not be opposed to trading back and possibly taking Floyd at all though.

Then again college stats dont mean anything. People assume just because Blackmon has a lot of 100 yard games hes gonna kill the NFL, not true. My guess is as good as yours, but what elite talent has Blackmon faced? None. He didn't even have to go against Coryell Judie. The only person I can recall is Prince Amukamara which was last year.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Heres an interesting fact about Fishers drafts discovered on TurfShowTimes

Something else worth noting is that the Oilers/Titans never drafted an offensive lineman in the first round during Fisher's time there.

Looking back at the Titans' draft results while Fisher was there, they had a solid track record for finding good offensive linemen in the middle and late rounds of the draft. They drafted LT Michael Roos in the second round of the 2005 draft and David Stewart in the fourth round in 2006.
    So he hasn't yet in his career. Lets not start now Jeff, keep building your line through the rounds that they are usually built, and give SB8 this BALLER!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234