Thread: 3 - 51

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

3 - 51

just look at that.
    is that a stat line for a receiver?
    is that the amount of penalties and yardage given up by the Rams in a game? is that the score in a massive blow out loss?

actually its neither.
    its the amount the Rams have been outscored in the past two 2nd quarters combined. i dont know what it is about the second quarter, but that is where the opposition scores the most of its points.

maybe its because after the first quarter the opposing defence works out our gameplan so gets some big defensive plays and our offence gets stale. maybe the opposition justs hustles a bit more knowing they can get a decent lead before half time. or maybe the team just gives up and knows they have one quarter of being able to do nothing before Haslett can tear into them at half time

whatever is the case, there is no excuse for that kind of scoring

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: 3 - 51

There is a worse stat than that one...

75-3. Thats being out scored in the first half!

But you can't blame the offense only. Our defense has been the one who gets us behind and we lose motivation that way. It seems as if everytime the offense touches the ball, they march down the field and score on us. Regardless of field position.

Thats why I am strongly for drafting Maualuga. We need a big body in there to pick up the slack from LB play recently. Hell, we need too many holes to fix. But not being able to have LB's do their job hurts us alot.

i know what you mean, the defense has given up a lot
    however, the offense hasnt been putting the defense in a great situation with its turnovers. We had two ints and a lost fumble in the first half yesterday.

Also, the one turnover we did get in the first half, the offense came out and went three and out, and then after the punt and return the niners were right back in the red zone, and then scored their first TD

DistantRam is offline Registered User

I thought that you were predicting our record if we keep the current FO from here until the end of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantRam View Post
    I thought that you were predicting our record if we keep the current FO from here until the end of 2011.
    nah, because that would mean i see us winning another game