Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    15

    3 Former Rams headed to the Hall of Fame???

    Hall of fame announces 17 finalist for the class of 2011.

    Updated: Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:37 a.m

    Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, & Les Richter will be among 17 modern-era finalists considered for election when the 44-member selection committee meets Feb. 5 in North Texas.
    Joining the five first-year-eligible players are nine other modern-era players and one contributor.
    Two senior nominees, announced last August, also will be considered.
    A finalist must receive a minimum positive vote of 80 percent to be elected.

    Wishing the best to the guys, I consider Marshall to be the best of the group & the best Rams RB ever, however a case can be made that they deserve to be in the hall.


  2. #2
    AlphaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    a
    Posts
    2,521
    Rep Power
    74

    Re: 3 Former Rams headed to the Hall of Fame???

    So Aeneas Williams did not make the cut?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,517
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: 3 Former Rams headed to the Hall of Fame???

    Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    So Aeneas Williams did not make the cut?
    No sadly he didn't make it. If he makes it I'm afraid it'll be a while.

  4. #4
    laramsfan73's Avatar
    laramsfan73 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    73
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: 3 Former Rams headed to the Hall of Fame???

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    Hall of fame announces 17 finalist for the class of 2011.

    Updated: Jan. 9, 2011 at 11:37 a.m

    Jerome Bettis, Marshall Faulk, & Les Richter will be among 17 modern-era finalists considered for election when the 44-member selection committee meets Feb. 5 in North Texas.
    Joining the five first-year-eligible players are nine other modern-era players and one contributor.
    Two senior nominees, announced last August, also will be considered.
    A finalist must receive a minimum positive vote of 80 percent to be elected.

    Wishing the best to the guys, I consider Marshall to be the best of the group & the best Rams RB ever, however a case can be made that they deserve to be in the hall.
    I'm not so sure Richter will make it. His biggest claim to fame is being traded to the Rams, from the Dallas Texans, for 11 players in 1952. He made 8 pro bowls, but people forget about players after four or five years. Many outside of Southern California probably don't even remember him. I don't think Bettis or Faulk will have problems, although I personally am somewhat reluctant to call Bettis a hall-of-famer. He had a good career, but I'm not so sure it was a hall of fame caliber career.

  5. #5
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: 3 Former Rams headed to the Hall of Fame???

    Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    No sadly he didn't make it. If he makes it I'm afraid it'll be a while.
    Which is sad because he was a great player.

  6. #6
    Keenum's Avatar
    Keenum is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Age
    25
    Posts
    2,865
    Rep Power
    27

    Re: 3 Former Rams headed to the Hall of Fame???

    Aeneas Williams no doubt deserves to be in the Hall, but he just didn't have that much publicity. If people were to sit down and look at his film and stats he would be in a lot quicker. He'll get in, but I think it will take a few more years.

    Faulk should be a lock for the first-ballot if the writers have any common sense. Bettis could be close from what I'm reading.

  7. #7
    sjacksonrules's Avatar
    sjacksonrules is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    southern il
    Posts
    1,450
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: 3 Former Rams headed to the Hall of Fame???

    Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Aeneas Williams no doubt deserves to be in the Hall, but he just didn't have that much publicity. If people were to sit down and look at his film and stats he would be in a lot quicker. He'll get in, but I think it will take a few more years.

    Faulk should be a lock for the first-ballot if the writers have any common sense. Bettis could be close from what I'm reading.
    Anyone remember that it was Aeneas Williams who ended Steve Youngs career because (of all people) Lawrence Phillips missed a block and left williams uncovered. Kinda wierd how that all played out.

Similar Threads

  1. Some of our Rams Historical Moments
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -03-16-2009, 10:23 PM
  2. Thomas Chat --Jan 27th
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
  3. Gordo Post Game Chat
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-03-2008, 02:27 PM
  4. Gordo Post Game Chat
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-08-2008, 08:23 AM
  5. Postgame With Gordo
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-22-2007, 02:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •