Thread: 3rd and 2?

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

3rd and 2?

Wow i bet we get the 1st down if they gave the ball to Jax. But instead its shotgun, three wide and Jax just stays back to block. If we run it and they stop us with 4th and 1...hell run it again. Good spirited play by the D, and i'm happy about that but i think we gave this one away. Thanks Donnie Avery!!!

RockinRam is online now Registered User

Re: 3rd and 2?

Bad playcalling this game. Especially those quick short passes that never go anywhere.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Those quick hit passes worked well earlier in the game, but I agree that on 3rd & 2 you need a different play there. I'm not sure feeding it to Jackson would have worked, but maybe play action out of the I formation to at least make the defense think about it. Unless someone reminds me of something I'm forgetting though, this may have been the only real offensive playcall I wasn't a fan of. I think as these coaches gain experience, they'll become better as well.

bigredman is offline Registered User

I would have liked to see a screen, which was under utilized this game for some reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

turfattack is offline Registered User

I would have tried that same play to Robinson at least once down there. He looked much bigger than their CB's.

I guess you never expect a drop at the goalline thou.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    Bad playcalling this game. Especially those quick short passes that never go anywhere.
    I have to disagree with you and the others who are spouting off about bad play calling. To me, there was a lot of poor execution by the players on numerous plays throughout the game. Once again, there were too many mistakes and penalties. Now, I would have liked to have seen a bit more run plays called overall, however, that doesn't mean the playcalling was BAD.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Guam rammer View Post
    Wow i bet we get the 1st down if they gave the ball to Jax. But instead its shotgun, three wide and Jax just stays back to block. If we run it and they stop us with 4th and 1...hell run it again. Good spirited play by the D, and i'm happy about that but i think we gave this one away. Thanks Donnie Avery!!!
    I certainly would have given the ball to Jackson. Big mistake in not doing so IMO.

The defense did indeed hunker down in the red zone which was great, but between the twenties they were a sieve and gave up huge chunks of yardage. Still, like you said, very spirited effort today.

Avery was horrible in every aspect of the game. I hope he bounces back because his confidence looks shot.

L.A.RamFan is offline Registered User

Avery just needs to hang on to balls! That dude can't hold onto nothing! I blame this loss on him!

Alec22 is offline Registered User

I think you also have to look at the rams letting campbell fall forward on the would be safty, or how they got the ball back at midfeild then had to punt to a touchback again, yes it should have been jackson on 3 and 2 but those quick passes werent the worst thing in the world.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

No excuses.........9-7 was the score. We are 0-2 let's move on. Usually week #3 is my last straw.
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by theodus69 View Post
    No excuses.........9-7 was the score. We are 0-2 let's move on. Usually week #3 is my last straw.
    Aren't we are all here because we have a hard time moving on?