Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 4 pillars sucks!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: 4 pillars sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by BEER View Post
    We passed on every player that we dont have.. Im not just talking draft, im talking free agents as well. Look Spags is a great D coach, I just dont know if he has it for a head coach.
    And you know this because........

Fastcat is offline Registered User

The original poster has a point. Ive been saying the same thing the first time ive heard of a 4 pillar. The gm or the coach isnt ever gonna say oh we dont want this guy cuz he has character issues. But they would say something on the lines of we arent interested. And we have heard that alot around here as of late about players that would or coulda helped our team. Most of the players in the nfl are good guys there are a select few that the MEDIA highlights and some people soak it up as there is a problem but its an isolated problem. The pillars arent i sole reason for losing but it plays a big part

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BEERS
    Its funny how in hindsight Im wrong all the time.
    No, it really isn't funny at all.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

BEER, I actually agree, some aspects of the "4 pillars" is broken and needs to be addressed, we've pass on several players who have gone on to put up good numbers while not getting into any trouble even though there were "questions" about their past. At the end of the day, we all have a past, and I'm not sold on not drafting a guy b/c as a 18 or 19 year old kid, I made a bad decision. As it is now, the "4 pillars" needs to be scraped.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Anyone who blames the 0-4 start on the "4 Pillars" doesn't understand the "4 Pillars".

Or maybe even football for that matter.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

this team is completely devoid of any playmakers on offense, and if not for a couple notable exceptions on defense, both sides of the ball.

4 pillars have nothing to do with football, lol the pillars dont win games. Coaching, (talented) players, and scheme does. I think i can speak for every1 saying the pillars are not the sole reason that we are winless. Its part of the reason becuase we feel like talent has been compromised by character in some cases. Character cant run fast, block, tackle, catch, or win a game last i checked.

It bogles my mind that people support the 4 pillars and would rather have a mark clayton than a santonio holmes lol.... A brandon gibson, msw, than a braylon edwards... A craig dahl instead of a real head busting saftey with talent. How could u need a #2 rb last year and not grab legarette blount in the 7th round or even bring him in as a ufa, paying him peanuts? Im no nfl scout but I knew he was gonna be a player check my predraft post from last year (sorry im holding a grudge against the fo becuase we didnt grab him).... Ok im done ranting
    ManofGod likes this.

4 pillars have nothing to do with football, lol the pillars dont win games.
    Nor do they lose them.

I love how all the Hindsight Harrys out there think that DeSpags are actually having the following conversation:

Spags: So what about Frankie Felon?
    Devaney: He is talented, but he's not 4 pillars.
    Spags: Yea, you're right. Let's get Ned No-talent instead. He was an Eagle Scout.

Come on, people. Please tell me nobody honestly believes that DeSpags is purposely putting together an inferior team.

Wow. Just wow.
    MauiRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Lmao i aint saying that either im just saying... Forget frankie felon.... Instead of taking a chance on talented mistermeanor mike they will lean more towards a less talented corey the choirboy. I base this off of interviews ive heard devany on saying he wasnt interested in a few guys. Granted he never said why but ray charles could see it. And im not saying get team full of killers but atleast take a chance on a guy if he did nothing more than sucka punch a boise state player.... Lol
    ManofGod likes this.

supachump is offline Registered User

I think the only four pillars we are missing is: Defense, Offense, Special Teams, and Coaching.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The 4-pillars are:
    Faith in the team
    High character
    Core values
    Team first

So to make a better team we need to add guys who put themselves before the team, guys who trash their teammates to the media, low worth ethic guys and criminals?
    HUbison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    The 4-pillars are:
    Faith in the team
    High character
    Core values
    Team first

So to make a better team we need to add guys who put themselves before the team, guys who trash their teammates to the media, low worth ethic guys and criminals?
    Thank you, Rebel. Exactly the point.

It's a false dichotomy to think NFL talent is separated by high talent, low character on one side and vice versa on the other. Who are all these talent-laden players that DeSpags "say" they passed on because of the 4 pillars?

And Blount? He was passed over by all 32 teams; and the Bucs was not his first NFL roster.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Our first round draft pick missed an entire year of football for lying to NCAA investigators, and you're concerned that we're not taking enough character risks?
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

If we pass on a Michael Floyd because of "character concerns" I'll kill my self.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    Our first round draft pick missed an entire year of football for lying to NCAA investigators, and you're concerned that we're not taking enough character risks?
    Exactly. I also recall numerous reports that the Rams looked at Burrass, V-Jax, Bush, and other players as options. Why would you look at players with problem pasts if you were going strictly by the 4 pillars? It makes no sense. Seems to me people are trying to rationalize their anger and frustration by blaming our talent level on the 4 pillars. There is absolutely nothing to substantiate that way of thinking, nothing.

From July:

Tony Softli of 101sports.com tweeted from @SoftliSTL that "several sources say St. Louis Rams are extremely interested and moving quickly on two unrestricted FA in Plaxico Burress and Reggie Bush".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast