Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: 4 pillars sucks!

macrammer is online now Registered User

Re: 4 pillars sucks!

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Nor do they lose them.

I love how all the Hindsight Harrys out there think that DeSpags are actually having the following conversation:

Spags: So what about Frankie Felon?
    Devaney: He is talented, but he's not 4 pillars.
    Spags: Yea, you're right. Let's get Ned No-talent instead. He was an Eagle Scout.

Come on, people. Please tell me nobody honestly believes that DeSpags is purposely putting together an inferior team.

Wow. Just wow.

I honestly believe Spags and Devaney put together what they thought was a superior team that is really inferior. This troubles me more.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    If we pass on a Michael Floyd because of "character concerns" I'll kill my self.
    Boys, that's the kind of dedication to a cause that we're looking for.
    AlphaRam likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Boys, that's the kind of dedication to a cause that we're looking for.
    I think those remarks about us passing on guys because there not angels will be shot down this offseason. We're most likely either going to land Blackmon or Floyd who both had DUI's.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I think those remarks about us passing on guys because there not angels will be shot down this offseason. We're most likely either going to land Blackmon or Floyd who both had DUI's.
    They already are. DeSpags drafted Quinn after a year long suspension. If "4 Pillars" was what some folks think it is, Quinn would not be a Ram.

But it isn't.

And he is.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

4 Pillars : Cant catch, cant block, cant tackle, cant win.

BEER is offline Registered User

They already are. DeSpags drafted Quinn after a year long suspension. If "4 Pillars" was what some folks think it is, Quinn would not be a Ram.

But it isn't.

And he is.
    Trying to save his job, id say. And what has quinn done anyways? Spags never puts him in?

q

Rambos is offline Registered User

Former NFL running back Lawrence Phillips was sentenced Friday to 10 years in prison, two years after he was convicted of assault with a deadly weapon.

The sentencing was repeatedly delayed while Phillips fought to withdraw a guilty plea in a domestic abuse case that could have led to a stiffer sentence.

Lawrence Phillips

Phillips

Phillips was convicted in 2006 of seven counts of assault with a deadly weapon.

The 33-year-old former Nebraska running back has been jailed since August 2005, when he drove onto a field near Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum and his car struck three boys, ages 14 and 15, and a 19-year-old man, who suffered cuts and bruises. The car narrowly missed four other people, prosecutor Todd Hicks.

Phillips was allegedly upset after losing a pickup football game to the youths and accused them of stealing some of his possessions.

"When he gets angry and he feels disrespected, he acts out with blind rage," Hicks said in a telephone interview after the sentencing.

In court, Phillips tearfully apologized to one of the victims.

"I'm sorry that your leg is messed up," Phillips told Rodney Flores, after hearing the young man tell the court that he was unable to pursue his dream of playing high school sports as a result of being hit when he was 16.

"I'm sorry you have to come in here like this," Phillips said, adding that he "wanted the chance to say I didn't mean to hurt people."

Superior Court Judge George G. Lomeli said Phillips should have thought about what he did.

A call to Phillips' attorney Leslie Ringold was not immediately returned.

Sentencing was delayed while Phillips tried to withdraw a 2000 guilty plea to hitting a woman he had been dating during a confrontation at the Beverly Hills Hotel, the prosecutor said.

The plea stands as a strike against Phillips under California's "three-strikes" law, which mandates tougher sentences for repeat offenders.

Phillips contended he was coerced into pleading guilty to domestic abuse and making a criminal threat, resulting in a brief prison term and three years of probation.

His attempts to withdraw the plea are continuing, Hicks said.

That crime would be considered a first strike under California's "three strikes" law. If the guilty plea stood, it means the car assault would be a second strike carrying a potential sentence of 20 years, prosecutors said.

The St. Louis Rams released Phillips for insubordination in 1997. He signed with the Miami Dolphins, but was later released. In 1999 in NFL Europe, he set league records for rushing and touchdowns with the Barcelona Dragons.

He signed with the San Francisco ***** later that year, but was released for missing a practice. He also has played in the Canadian Football League.

NUFF SAID

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

When we are losing consistently, we look for a scapegoat - in this thread it's the 4 pillars. Simply put we need better talent, and better coaching. We've already gotten a huge upgrade in the way of Stan Kroenke, and I believe it will pay dividends over the next couple of years. Another draft and a real offseason will go a long way towards improving our team. Losing sucks! But - every week half the teams playing are going to lose. It is almost time for kickoff .. Let's see what happens on this given Sunday ... GO RAMS !!!

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Didn't you start this exact thread earlier?
    We need more "bad boys" thugs like Marshall Faulk, Torry Holt, Isaac Bruce, Orlando Pace, Kurt Warner.
    First of all of those players were character guys, second of all none of them were thugs that play for Oakland. If you want thug ball become an Oakland raider fan. This is rams football not thug football.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123