Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: With the 47th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin

thoey is offline Registered User

Re: With the 47th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsi

NFL website has him rated as the second best TE, second only to Kyle Rudolph. I don't see a round projection.

This space for rent...

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

Re: With the 47th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsi

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    So basically we picked this guy, because no good wide outs were available. That and to give Josh mc'D a new toy.... I'm just tired of seeing the Rams spend all these picks on tight ends without anyone working out...
    what are you talking about? We've took 2 tight ends in the last 3 drafts and Hooie was one of them and both of them have played 1 year. Who are all these tight ends that haven't worked out? Did you have some imaginary players that we've never heard of?

Truth is offline Registered User

I don't see this as a very good pick up. Hoping for the best. Disappointed, very disappointed. :/

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

A year ago I was baffled when we selected a guy named Roger Saffold. Not gonna overreact, just feel like we could have gone a different direction. sigh

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I'm reading up on Kendricks and I'm liking what I'm reading.

He's fast for a TE. While he apparently only ran a 4.75 at the Combine, I'm reading he was in the 4.5-4.6 range at his pro day.

For those of you who suggested that Josh McDaniels doesn't like to use TEs, I think this pick proves otherwise.

mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User

reading up on Kendricks he doesn't seem like a bad pick. A lot of mocks had him 2nd to 3rd round and nearly everyone had him as either the the second or third best tight end. He's 6-3 240 lbs, runs a 4.6-4.7 40 and seems to be a very good all around tight end. We haven't had a great tight end since well I don't even remember and Kendricks certainly has the potential. I wasn't sure about this pick but reading up on Kendricks has me rethinking my stance.

Also like many i wasn't sure about the Saffold pick last year, the Laurinitis pick over Ray M and many picks in recent years but the Rams have had very good success. Let's hope that Kendricks turns in to a pro bowler and the Rams make us look foolish again.

Also watching some of his youtube highlights his speed and athletic ability is very impressive for a guy who is 240 lbs. He runs, catches and jumps very much like a top notch wide receiver.
    Last edited by mcpeepants232003; -04-29-2011 at 07:49 PM.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

Pick Analysis: Steve Spagnuolo adds arguably the most athletic tight end in the draft to his lineup. He is a legitimate vertical threat with the size and speed to stretch the defense. He also is a capable blocker with the strength to control defenders at the point. Although the Rams still need to add another receiver, Kendricks gives Sam Bradford a dynamic weapon to target over the middle. FROM NFL.com

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I'm not going to comment until this guy plays. As far as we know he could end up with ten TDs next year playing with Bradford and goes to the pro bowl.

Did we just get an opening day starter with our second round pick? Considering the TEs on our roster (I believe Fells is a free agent), I think we just did. Thats not bad going at all.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

I suppose none of us will be complaining if OhOh and and Lance turn into the next rob gronkowski and aaron hernandez duo.

By the way, it can't hurt to bring another Lance to the LOU.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Is it possible they plan to line him up at WR at times?

thoey is offline Registered User

And there goes Paea. Hope we don't look back 3 years from now and regret it...
    This space for rent...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Bernie via Twitter:

FYI, Josh McDaniels really wanted this TE. Sees him as a valuable moving piece for formation flexibility. Think: 2010 New England.

lordwhttgr is offline Registered User
    I live in Danville Illinois, I work all over the USA.

I like this simply because we can now use TE as pass catchers and blockers for our running attack.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

More via Twitter...

Spags on Kendricks: “The attractive thing about him is he can play a lot of different spots."

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Geez.........6-4, 240......4.6 to 4.7 40.........athletic

Can he be a two way player for the RAMs, filling in at both TE and OLB?

Just kidding. I should shut up now and wait to see what he turns into.
    Semper Fi!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast