Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: With the 47th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsin

lostsoul is offline Registered User

Re: With the 47th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsi

I hated the pick just because Paea was there for the taking. But the more i think about this pick the more i like it. He's here to create mismatches. So is Pettis. Our redzone production is going to be way improved With him and Pettis.If Hoo Hoo can stay healthy we have a good pair of TEs to create mismatches and get downfield.

punahou is offline Registered User

Re: ROUND 2 PICK #47 -- RAMS take Lance Kendricks

Well all I can say here is The Rams are doing what the Rams do to shoot themselves in the foot
    IE Smith drafted as a LT, paid LT money and now at RT and is oft injured---

didnt we take 2? TE last year? Hoomananananananana, Fendi I think I'll go Gucci Ondbanababa, and signed FA TE as well?

I mean there 's no legit #1 receiver so why dont we take the BPA or-- stud out our defense more and take someone like Marvin Austin? I mean you take 2 guys who played ball together in college, line them up together again on the same line in the pros and you have chemistry and synergy from the get go.

Round 2 pick scores and clear F.
    Now Ill move to the gdamn round 3 board
    Last edited by punahou; -04-30-2011 at 12:45 AM.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post
    Well all I can say here is The Rams are doing what the Rams do to shoot themselves in the foot

didnt we take 2? TE last year? Hoomananananananana, Fendi I think I'll go Gucci Ondbanababa, and signed FA TE as well?

I mean there 's no legit #1 receiver so why dont we take the BPA or-- stud out our defense more and take someone like Marvin Austin? I mean you take 2 guys who played ball together in college, line them up together again on the same line in the pros and you have chemistry and synergy from the get go.

Well aren't you just a big ray of sunshine.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by punahou View Post

How do you know that Kendricks wasnt the best player available? When the Rams were picking, i believe Kendricks was nearly at the top of Mike Mayock's best players available, so it's not exactly like this pick was a massive reach. Kendricks will be a starter for the Rams, especially if they line up in two TE sets. So we got a starter with our second round pick... again.

Whats not to like?

As for your comment about Austin... he probably wasn't on the Rams board due to character and work ethic concerns

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: With the 47th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsi

I like the positivity of our FO, their certainly doing it there way, which shows some confidence.I have high hopes for Kendricks working with Bradford. Look what he did for M .Hoooom in such a short time.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

Just saw Kendricks coach on NFL network. I feel a LOT better about the pick now.

Ramone is offline Registered User

He's the best pass catching TE on draft and no, he wouldn't be there for us in the third round. He's far above all those TE's we drafted all these years or acqquired through free agency. Don't underestimate him, he'll be Bradford's favourite target, as Jermaine Gresham was in college days. OK pick, especially when all receivers remained were, truly, just No.2 and we all know who we really wanted as our receiver, but he was gone already at spot 6. Why is a problem to take best pass catcher, even if he is not WR?

msha is offline Registered User

The last two years the Rams have surprised on most of the picks, including the 2nd rounders Saffold and now Kendricks. We really never know what they're going to do.

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

First of all, I wish him the Best as a future Ram.

I did shock me ! I didn't think it was a real big need position. I thought like most Ram fans DT, DE, FS, OLB, WR, G, & back up RB.

McDanials as a Denver Coach didn't use TE that much. Didn't he run TE Tony Schefler out of town.
    McD must have a game plan to use him.

Danial Fells days are done. No more easy catches dropped going into the endzone to lose games. He cost us a win.
    I also hope they don't give up on Fendi Onobon. With his hieght & leaping ability, I don't understand why they didn't do a fade route in the corner of the endzone.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Looks like a 'safe selection' to me.

Besides... keep in mind:
    He's really athletic, he's got great hands, he's extremely smart. He can run, he has good speed. We can use him in a lot of ways, on the line off the line, in the backfield. There are a lot of places we can use the guy."
    That makes Lance Kendricks a WR too! To make up for the JJs & AGs we didn't get.

In the NFL, size is not be the most important attribute but it does matter. I've seen Kendricks' hight listed between 6-2" to 6-4 1/2". I suppose it is closer to 6-3". Perhaps he and the Rams coaches will find the right niche for him more at WR! No, I'll just settle for this kid to be versatile on offense and produce.

BeastMode6 is offline Registered User

Post Re: With the 47th pick of the 2011 Draft, the Rams take Lance Kendricks, TE, Wisconsi

I do not see why a lot of people hate this pick? I had to go against this guy in our game last season at Wisconsin.

He has great athleticism that allows him to get up field, beat the defender, and get a decent amount of YAC. He runs good routes and has the ability to get open or find the holes in the zone. He is an extremely hard worker that has earned him a lot of respect from his coaches and teammates. You can line him up all over the field, he is so versatile and unlike many tight ends that we drafted in the past Lance is complete. He is a very good run blocker. Playing TE at Wisconsin you kind of have to be.

He may not have the height we want in a TE but I believe his play this season will be a pleasant surprise for many.
    Last edited by BeastMode6; -05-05-2011 at 07:55 PM.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Looks like a 'safe selection' to me.

Besides... keep in mind:

That makes Lance Kendricks a WR too! To make up for the JJs & AGs we didn't get.

In the NFL, size is not be the most important attribute but it does matter. I've seen Kendricks' hight listed between 6-2" to 6-4 1/2". I suppose it is closer to 6-3". Perhaps he and the Rams coaches will find the right niche for him more at WR! No, I'll just settle for this kid to be versatile on offense and produce.
    It's worth mentioning that Brandon Marshall is 6'5", 230 lbs. and ran a 4.52 40. Kendricks is 6'2", 243 lbs. and ran a 4.55 (at his pro day). Al I'm saying is that if you put the two next to each other, I don't if it would be too obvious which one was the tight end and which was the receiver.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    It's worth mentioning that Brandon Marshall is 6'5", 230 lbs. and ran a 4.52 40. Kendricks is 6'2", 243 lbs. and ran a 4.55 (at his pro day). All I'm saying is that if you put the two next to each other, I don't if it would be too obvious which one was the tight end and which was the receiver.
    Agreed. That's why I wonder if Kendricks, being versatile, would end up more as a WR with the Rams instead of a semi-TE. Afterall, we do have our regular team of bigger and/or more experienced TEs in Billy Bajema, Daniel Fells, Mike Hoomanawanui, Darcy Johnson and Fendi Onobun (even though FO is unproven).

A bigger 6-3" WR in Lance? I'm excited.

Last edited by RealRam; -05-06-2011 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Image

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

I quite like the pick. He is head and shoulders a better athlete than Illinois Mike and Bajema. Has good character and hasnt been injury prone. Fendi O is a work in progress whilst Kendricks has the ability to step right in and become the best receiving TE quite easily.
    The Rams by no means reached at this player and seem happy about being able to draft him at 47, although some believe we should have traded up and took Rudolph. I do not think I could have handled another injury prone target for Bradford. GOOD PICK.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456