Thread: 4th Quarter

Guam rammer is offline Registered User

4th Quarter

Anybody need something for high blood pressure? Thank goodness the O clicked today. 1st win feels good!!

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: 4th Quarter

Man yeah. I was getting nervous there. Glad we pulled it out!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I HATE the prevent defense; don't ever do that again Jim.

Nice win, shows what one can do by creating pressure.

My player of the game is Witherspoon; 6 tackles, 1 assist, 1 sack, 1 FF.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Absolutely, this is my final observation re giving up easy points..(before I'm critisized for being too prideful) and not just grateful for a win)

As I said previously, I hate 'letting an opponant play' because we have a lead..

If you cast your minds back a few years ago, and to a certain play off game, (ironically between these two teams) The Rams were like 30 odd points down with about 8 mins to play in the fourth. Saints played soft and look what happened? The only reason that wasn't one of the comebacks of the century and a win for the horns, was because Az fumbled 'that punt'..

NO MERCY!.... KEEP OUT! ......AND STAY OUT!!!

Prevent D has it's place, but not with the lead we had. Keep pressuring Brees (who as a result of no pressure was throwing at will)

They want the points? They have to come get them, we won't give them to you. I don't care if we do have a 5 touchdown lead. We are 0-8, we shouldn't be giving up anyything.....!!!

But yea, we won........hat's off to the D and the O. About time.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Well, what in the world did happen in the 4th?

Was it all prevent D? Good grief! :bash:

I did not see the game but for a while I thought we were going to have a much more comfortable lead for a final score.

What's interesting is that today the OFFENSE came up big and the D will have to check their play of the 4th Qtr., i.e., they came up short. Don't do that again, please!

TekeRam is online now Registered User

I'm partly to blame... I cracked open the celebratory beer a little early, and that's when the Saints started to score.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Was it all prevent D? Good grief
    Pretty much, they did try a few blitz's but they were not as creative as they were the majority of the game.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

Quote from nfl.com

"It was over when ...
    Saints special teamer Josh Bullocks had an onside kick slip through his fingers for the second time in less than five minutes. After Eric Johnson's 7-yard touchdown reception and Reggie Bush's two-point conversion pulled New Orleans within eight points with 32 seconds remaining, the Saints attempted their second onside kick. But just as on a similar play four minutes earlier, Bullocks was unable to gather in the loose ball..."

I rest my case........ Seems it could have been oh so different a scoreline.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UK Ramfan 83 View Post
    Absolutely, this is my final observation re giving up easy points..(before I'm critisized for being too prideful) and not just grateful for a win)

As I said previously, I hate 'letting an opponant play' because we have a lead..

If you cast your minds back a few years ago, and to a certain play off game, (ironically between these two teams) The Rams were like 30 odd points down with about 8 mins to play in the fourth. Saints played soft and look what happened? The only reason that wasn't one of the comebacks of the century and a win for the horns, was because Az fumbled 'that punt'..

NO MERCY!.... KEEP OUT! ......AND STAY OUT!!!

Prevent D has it's place, but not with the lead we had. Keep pressuring Brees (who as a result of no pressure was throwing at will)

They want the points? They have to come get them, we won't give them to you. I don't care if we do have a 5 touchdown lead. We are 0-8, we shouldn't be giving up anyything.....!!!

But yea, we won........hat's off to the D and the O. About time.

Didnt help that when Tinoesamoa lit Bush up and he fumbled they ruled his forward progree stopped and that led to a Saints TD, that call was B.S. Game would have been over right there. Prevent defense is terrible though I hate it. We dominated the Saints that whole game and made it look close by going to the prevent us from winning defense.
    Just Fix It

Javaman is offline Registered User

The important thing is they won the game. The prevent defense is designed to prevent the opponent from scoring quickly. Remember the Saints have one of the better offenses in the league that can score vey quickly. They were ranked 6th in the league before the game. Everyone was really nervous but really it worked the way it was supposed to because the Rams won. I guess our expectations are getting higher for the defense because everyone expected them to hold the Saints offense to under 20. Rams offense is clicking!! Too bad the season didn't start today!!!