VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

5 - 10 year Ram-blings

Hindsight being what it is, this team started its slide ten years ago this month. Here we are, SuperBowl flippin' Champions with 3, count 'em, THREE! 1st round draft choices, none of which were that great, including Archuleta.

Five years ago, we all agonized over #14 (?), and in that great Ram tradition, selected someone who we would need to convert.

Then Long and Smith, both of which I wholeheartedly agree(d) with, but who were not blockbuster, surefire, can't miss picks.

Then last year, as demoralised as we (as Ram Fans) could possibly be, we hit the lottery.

So...the point of this post is that isn't it a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling we all have going into this draft? Granted, this is due partly to the fact that we still have several holes, but you just KNOW we're going to hit in rounds one and two - guaranteed!

Round one: WR if Jones falls, but if he doesn't, guaranteed great DT or DE.

Round two: There will probably be two RB's, D-Linemen, WR's, and maybe even a CB and/or OLB. I, for one, am pumped.

(AV - thanks for including me in the Draft - its been quite an education).

"the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: 5 - 10 year Ram-blings

With how desperately we need a WR (could argue we were a good WR away from the playoffs last year) I would be very tempted to trade up and get Jones if possible... wait, I know players can't be traded right now, but can draft picks? Anyway, there are some outstanding defensive linemen in this years draft, and we may have a great chance to have one of the best defensive end combinations for the next several years (Chris Long and whoever the Rams draft) or continue to build at defensive tackle.

I would be PUMPED if we can get Jones, but understand if we can't since he has been rising up the draft boards since the end of the college season.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: 5 - 10 year Ram-blings

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    With how desperately we need a WR (could argue we were a good WR away from the playoffs last year) I would be very tempted to trade up and get Jones if possible... wait, I know players can't be traded right now, but can draft picks?.
    We can trade draft picks however since teams can't trade players more than likely it would be 2012 draft picks for compensation if its a higher end pick. For example if we trade up the compensation pick outside of the 1st round pick would be a second and maybe another pick which will be more likely in 2012.