throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    RamTime Guest

55 Televised NFL Pre Season Games in 25 Nights This August

No there is nothing wrong with your eyes.
    I just heard that the NFL Network will Televise 55 NFL Pre Season Games in 25 Nights begining August 12th.
    Maybe our pre season woes are finally over.

psycho9985 Guest

Re: 55 Televised NFL Pre Season Games in 25 Nights This August

Thats gonna be awsome:football: I'm getting NFL ticket this Year for the 1st time.My wife has always stopped me,but not this year,its gonna rock.

RMFN Guest

The NFL network is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Thats gonna be awsome:football: I'm getting NFL ticket this Year for the 1st time.My wife has always stopped me,but not this year,its gonna rock.
    It's gonna rock, but be prepared to do NOTHING but watch football on Sunday, otherwise you'll feel like your not getting your money's worth. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Being able to check out close games and of course being guaranteed to watch every Ram game makes it all worth while.

RamTime Guest

Gone to a game lately? For the price of a day at the dome you can get the rams all year. Not saying to turn down tickets to a game. Iím just showing the value of direct ticket. Sure could have used direct ticket between 1980 and 1994 living in Northern Calif. I still can't believe I survived the 1980's here in 9er country. Shouldn't I get a purple heart or perhaps the Congressional Medal of Honor or something?

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamTime
    Gone to a game lately? For the price of a day at the dome you can get the rams all year. Not saying to turn down tickets to a game. Iím just showing the value of direct ticket. Sure could have used direct ticket between 1980 and 1994 living in Northern Calif. I still can't believe I survived the 1980's here in 9er country. Shouldn't I get a purple heart or perhaps the Congressional Medal of Honor or something?
    A co-worker of mine tells me that NFL Sunday Ticket blacks out games that are on your local station, so you will have to be able to easily switch from Antenna to dish; even if you don't live in an NFL market. I have never lived near enough to a TV market when I had NFLST, so I cannot confirm this. Although, it doesn't surprise me that the NFL would promise you something to seperate you from your money, and then find a loop-hole to break the promise.

gap

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

And MOM is BEGGING me to call DirecTV and order Sunday Ticket!

53 days, 0 hours, 30 minutes and 13 seconds. That's all that's left to our first pre-season game. We are ready. The football-shaped TV remote has new batteries waiting to be installed. The Rams Jerseys are all washed and neatly folded. The football-shaped crock pot is waiting for the first batch of chile con queso to be prepared. My Rams lounge pants are ready. My Rams beer can cooler is in daily use preparing for the game. The big screen is fine-tuned to perfection. My daughter bought me a NFL football shaped candy holder thing for Father's Day, pre-loaded with Snickers.
    All we need now is the season to begin...
    Last edited by RamsFanSam; -06-20-2005 at 07:24 PM.

moklerman Guest

You guys are getting me pumped up for football! Stop it! I'm okay if I don't think about how far away it still is.

As far as the Sunday ticket goes, I swear by it. It is true that the local broadccast games are blacked out (that started last year) but as far as I know Directv carries local stations for most if not all areas now. If you're not in a metropolitan type area you can still get some form of network t.v.(east coast or west coast feeds of the major 3 or 4 networks) so a digital feed of the Rams is almost guarenteed. Add to that a TIVO unit and it's almost like heaven on earth.

For those of us who have additional interests in the NFL it's nice to be able to TIVO one game while watching another. Oh, add to that the pause live t.v. and rewind live t.v. that TIVO offers and it just doesn't get much better. The price can seem a little steep but they break it up into four payments and the total cost is less than what I was spending at the pizza place on food and soda each week x 16 weeks. Okay, the Rams have been getting quite a bit of national coverage so those numbers might be a little skewed.

As far as blackouts go, if you're thinking of the NFL ticket I'm guessing that you don't live close enough to your team for them to be the local game so blackouts are generally rare for what you're watching it for in the first place.

moklerman Guest

oh, and if you don't want to order the local channels, they have a button right on the remote labeled "antenna" so you can easily switch back and forth.

I don't know why I'm pimping Directv so much, I guess I was just amazed at how great it was to watch any NFL game at home. Growing up without cable and being stuck with three fuzzy channels is probably the main reason. Of course, living in Las Vegas and working in a hotel with a huge sports book didn't help once I moved back to California. In the sports books they don't just have all the games they have all the games on and right in front of you. When I started watching on regular t.v. again it was the equivelant of going from a Rams playoff game to the greater nowhere open in golf.

MOM
    MOM is offline Registered User

Is it just me, or do they need to make another NFL Sunday Ticket commercial? As cute as it was the first 20,496 times, my child has memorized every word to it. But then again, she knows the lyrics to Black Sabbath's "Electric Funeral" too.........

Anyhoo......still trying to talk Pa into getting it.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.stickershoppe.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/MLRPANCmini.jpg[/SIGPIC]This is for Randy! GO BRM!

RamTime Guest

Its true that they don't show the local game on Direct ticket and it is also true that blackout applies. However if your in the viewing area and it is blacked out then that means there is a ticket to be had to go to the game. Speaking of black outs, check out this gem. You know how us northern California Non 9r fans are always talking about how 9r fans are band wagon front runner fans that were conceived in 1981 yada yada yada? Well The San Jose Mercury is he he ha ha. The Merc is reporting ho ho ha ha They are saying there may be blackouts in San Fiasco as soon as this season. 5 superbowls and only two years removed from the playoffs and the Merc is reporting there may be blackouts. Tee hee. Were right again.

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I found this schedule for the preseason games on NFL network. Rams games are highlighted. I believe the Rams-Lions game is a Monday night game, and will be nationally broadcast on regular TV. (ABC?)

Of the 55 games NFL Network will carry nationally during the preseason, six will air live. NFL Network's live games each carry an interesting storyline.

Oakland at San Francisco (Saturday, Aug. 13, at 10 p.m. ET)
    Fans get their first glimpse of Randy Moss wearing the Raiders silver and black, plus the No. 1 overall pick in the 2005 NFL Draft, Alex Smith, takes his first snap as a pro. Also, ***** new head coach Mike Nolan makes his NFL head coaching debut.

Cleveland at Detroit (Saturday, Aug. 20, at 1 p.m. ET)
    Two of the premier rookie wide receivers -- Cleveland's Braylon Edwards and Detroit's Mike Williams -- are featured, plus a look at first-year Browns coach Romeo Crennel.

St. Louis at San Diego (Sunday, Aug. 21, at 4 p.m. ET)
    A look at Rams rookie right tackle Alex Barron, plus San Diego's young talent -- including 2004 top pick Phillip Rivers and this year's first-rounders Shawne Merriman and Luis Castillo -- looks to impress.

Tennessee at San Francisco (Friday, Aug. 26, at 10 p.m. ET)
    Top rookies are on display in Titans cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones and new offensive coordinator Norm Chow along with ***** quarterback Alex Smith and running back Frank Gore.

San Francisco at San Diego (Thursday, Sept. 1, at 10 p.m. ET)
    The preseason winds down as Smith and Nolan get their last tune-up against the Chargers and their All-Pros Drew Brees, LaDainian Tomlinson and Antonio Gates.

Denver at Arizona (Friday, Sept. 2, at 10 p.m. ET)
    A look at two rookie running backs, Maurice Clarett (Denver) and J.J. Arrington (Arizona), in addition to Cardinals top pick Antrel Rolle and free-agent acquisition Kurt Warner.

NFL Network air times for 2005 preseason games
    Friday, Aug. 12
    No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from six games 7:30 p.m.
    Saturday, Aug. 13
    1. Detroit at N.Y. Jets Noon
    2. New England at Cincinnati 3 p.m.
    No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from six games 7 p.m.
    3. Oakland at San Francisco (LIVE)
    (IN OAKLAND/SF MARKETS, VIEWERS WILL SEE DALLAS AT ARIZONA LIVE) 10 p.m.
    Sunday, Aug. 14
    4. Chicago at St. Louis 10 a.m.
    5. Seattle at New Orleans 1 p.m.
    6. Miami at Jacksonville 4 p.m.
    7. Kansas City at Minnesota 7 p.m.
    8. N.Y. Giants at Cleveland 11 p.m.
    Monday, Aug. 15
    9. Dallas at Arizona 7 a.m.
    10. Denver at Houston 1 p.m.
    11. Washington at Carolina 4 p.m.
    Tuesday, Aug. 16
    12. Tampa Bay at Tennessee Noon
    Wednesday, Aug. 17
    13. Baltimore at Atlanta Noon
    14. Buffalo at Indianapolis 3 p.m.
    Saturday, Aug. 20
    15. Cleveland at Detroit (LIVE) 1 p.m.
    16. Tennessee at Atlanta 4 p.m.
    No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from nine games 8 p.m.
    Sunday, Aug. 21
    17. Philadelphia at Baltimore 1 p.m.
    18. St. Louis at San Diego (LIVE) 4 p.m.
    19. Carolina at N.Y. Giants 8 p.m.
    20. Chicago at Indianapolis Midnight
    Monday, Aug. 22
    21. Arizona at Kansas City 10 a.m.
    22. San Francisco at Denver 1 p.m.
    23. Green Bay at Buffalo 4 p.m.
    Tuesday, Aug. 23
    24. Jacksonville at Tampa Bay Noon
    25. Miami at Pittsburgh 3 p.m.
    Wednesday, Aug. 24
    26. Cincinnati at Washington Noon
    27. Oakland at Houston 3 p.m.
    Friday, Aug. 26
    No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from eight games 7:30 p.m.
    28. Tennessee at San Francisco (LIVE) 10 p.m.
    Saturday, Aug. 27
    29. Baltimore at New Orleans 10 a.m.
    30. Buffalo at Chicago 1 p.m.
    31. New England at Green Bay 4 p.m.
    No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from four games 8 p.m.
    32. Carolina at Cleveland 11 p.m.
    Sunday, Aug. 28
    33. N.Y. Jets at N.Y. Giants 8 a.m.
    34. Tampa Bay at Miami 12:30 p.m.
    35. Arizona at Oakland 4 p.m.
    36. Houston at Dallas 7 p.m.
    Monday, Aug. 29
    37. Cincinnati at Philadelphia 9 a.m.
    38. San Diego at Minnesota Noon
    39. Seattle at Kansas City 3 p.m.
    Thursday, Sept. 1
    No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from nine games 7:30 p.m.
    40. San Francisco at San Diego (LIVE) 10 p.m.
    Friday, Sept. 2
    41. Houston at Tampa Bay Noon
    42. N.Y. Jets at Philadelphia 3 p.m.
    No Huddle -- Live whip-around show featuring action from four games 7:30 p.m.
    43. Denver at Arizona (LIVE) 10 p.m.
    Saturday, Sept. 3
    44. Green Bay at Tennessee 10 a.m.
    45. Cleveland at Chicago 5 p.m.
    46. Pittsburgh at Carolina 9 p.m.
    47. N.Y. Giants at New England 12 a.m.
    Sunday, Sept. 4
    48. Indianapolis at Cincinnati 8 a.m.
    49. Jacksonville at Dallas 11 a.m.
    50. Detroit at Buffalo 2 p.m.
    51. Kansas City at St. Louis 7 p.m.
    52. Minnesota at Seattle Midnight
    Monday, Sept. 5
    53. Atlanta at Miami 9 a.m.
    54. New Orleans at Oakland Noon
    55. Washington at Baltimore 3 p.m.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I'm jealous - the apartment complex I live in actually doesn't allow satellite connections. No Sunday Ticket for me, but I can live with Sirius radio.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

psycho9985 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    I'm jealous - the apartment complex I live in actually doesn't allow satellite connections. No Sunday Ticket for me, but I can live with Sirius radio.
    If I were you Nick, I'd move.

viper is offline Registered User

If I were you Nick, I'd move.
    Ditto...no question!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast