Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Thread: 6-6-1!

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

6-6-1!

From the brink of elimination at 3-6-1, we're now right in the thick of things. We get to match up against other wild card contenders in the next few weeks as well.

It's great to be alive and kicking going into week 15!
    Nick, ramsbruce, laram0 and 10 others like this.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Re: 6-6-1!

we win out
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

Gone 3-0 without Bradford's No.1 receiver. It'll be good to have him back next week though.

RealRam is offline Registered User

THREE! Wow.

This is doable, especially if we get some help. With today's win, to me, the Rams have grown into confidence, killer mode, i.e., all out, wild warrior attitude.

6-6-1. What a positive change from last year. GO RAMS!
    Varg6 likes this.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

It's nice to be mathematically alive, I'll give you that. But I don't think we are going to make it. If we had any one of three games back and in the win column, then I'd feel better about our chances.

The jets game, the whiners tie

or

the game that so many were happy after we lost; miami!

laram0 and jmk321 like this.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I agree it's nice to be alive but I am more pumped for us to win 2 of our last 3 games to give us our first 8 win season since 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    It's nice to be mathematically alive, I'll give you that. But I don't think we are going to make it. If we had any one of three games back and in the win column, then I'd feel better about our chances.

The jets game, the whiners tie

or

the game that so many were happy after we lost; miami!

Tough hill to climb, no doubt, but hope in week 15 is good enough for me considering where we've come from. All three remaining games are against teams we're competing with for a wild card spot, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Seattle. With some luck, who knows?

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post

Tough hill to climb, no doubt, but hope in week 15 is good enough for me considering where we've come from. All three remaining games are against teams we're competing with for a wild card spot, Minnesota, Tampa Bay, and Seattle. With some luck, who knows?
    You know it's funny, before the season started, while the majority of others predicted 4-6 wins, I said there is no good reason not to believe we could make the playoffs.

Now at this point in the season we have the 6 wins and there are plenty of good reasons to believe we won't make the playoffs.

Anyways it will be fun to watch for at least one more week.

LETS GO RAMS!!!!
    Rambunctious likes this.

Keep hope alive!
    Rambunctious likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, I see us just missing the playoffs. I don't usually prognosticate, as I tend to pick with my heart, but this is how I see teams ending up. With the home field advantage and momentum, I don't see the seachickens lossing another game this year. I also don't see the whiners beating the cheatroits on the road.

Falcons 14-2
    Pack 12-4
    Seachicks 11-5
    whiners 10-5-1
    Skins 10-6
    NY G 9-7
    Bears 9-7
    RAMS 8-7-1

If the Beagles can upset the gnats, or the Tards can upset Da Bears, we may sneak in. Of course, we could upset the sea chickens to knock them out of first and leap over the gnats and da bears.

gap

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

We are on the outside looking in, but if you told me at the start of the season we'd be playing meaningful games in December, I'd have signed on in a second. As Mike stated, we play other wildcard contenders in the next three weeks. Can't ask for much more at this stage of the season.

You certainly have to be satisfied with what we've done in recent weeks- we're finding ways to win!!
    Rambos, r8rh8rmike and laram0 like this.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

I was one of those that predicted a 4-6 win season and with the tie they've bettered that already. ... and I'm happier than all get-out about that.

But I don't think the playoffs is in the picture this year. While the Vikings and Bucs games are certainly winnable I can't see the Rams beating the Seahawks in Seattle. It could happen and the ball will have to bounce the Rams way, but realistically, I just don't see it happening. That defense is playing really well, and they have a real home-field advantage up there.

But it nice for a change to at least be able to talk about at this time of the year.
    NJ Ramsfan1 likes this.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I was one of those that predicted a 4-6 win season and with the tie they've bettered that already. ... and I'm happier than all get-out about that.

But I don't think the playoffs is in the picture this year. While the Vikings and Bucs games are certainly winnable I can't see the Rams beating the Seahawks in Seattle. It could happen and the ball will have to bounce the Rams way, but realistically, I just don't see it happening. That defense is playing really well, and they have a real home-field advantage up there.

But it nice for a change to at least be able to talk about at this time of the year.
    Yep, well put...agree with you and gap.

At the beginning I said 5 or higher is a success. 6-6-1 .. 4-0-1 in division at this point is definitely success.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

If that field goal against the ***** in OT is actually allowed and the ref doesn't make the fastest delay of game call I've ever seen and if one of the worst calls in sports history is changed in the Seahwawks vs. Packers monday night game then this playoff picture would be completely different. There are too many what ifs this season.
    J-RodRamFan likes this.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post

Yeah, realistically, it'd be a tall order to win three more straight, especially after seeing the way we played for most of the game on Sunday. Still, it feels good to be alive at this point in the season. I just hope that the Seahawks don't get in by virtue of a single win ahead of us after all the substitute referee controversies early in the season. (Don't forget the extra play they gave Detroit in week one!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast