Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    laram0 is online now Superbowl MVP

6 (S I X) lousy points!

We managed to score 6 points yesterday.

Buffalo Bills scored 19 vs the RAVENS with a back up QB at the helm.

San Francisco Whiners scored 15 @ the Giants with Trent Dilfer leading their O and a hobbled Frank Gore.

Miami Dolphins scored 28 vs the Patriots with a back up QB!

The Chiefs 12 @ Raiders 10 both outscored us.

6 points....just not acceptable!

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

Re: 6 (S I X) lousy points!

Well it just shows where this offense is right now, rock bottom. Bringing up the rear in most stats, it really is embarassing to watch this anaemic, pathetic excuse of an offense...

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    We managed to score 6 points yesterday.

Buffalo Bills scored 19 vs the RAVENS with a back up QB at the helm.

San Francisco Whiners scored 15 @ the Giants with Trent Dilfer leading their O and a hobbled Frank Gore.

Miami Dolphins scored 28 vs the Patriots with a back up QB!

The Chiefs 12 @ Raiders 10 both outscored us.

6 points....just not acceptable!
    and that is why the injury excuse is just that,a big excuse,notice all the back up QB'S scoring points and our pro bowl QB throws 3 int's and fumbles twice,and before anyone says our o-line is banged up,4 of those guys that played yesterday STARTED last season for us,so I don't believe that to be a excuse anymore either,do we miss Pace,sure,but it should not have come to this.Incognito,Barron,McCollum,Terrell all starters at one point.If I'm wrong about that I apologize but this line should be playing better than it is,much better.
    Last edited by jkramsfan; -10-22-2007 at 10:50 AM.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

We are certainly the worst team in the NFL. If we played Miami this week we would lose. We can't pass, run, block, kick, or cover recievers. Six points is a total humiliation, the Rams should be ashamed.

Quote Originally Posted by BM_Face View Post
    We are certainly the worst team in the NFL. If we played Miami this week we would lose. We can't pass, run, block, kick, or cover recievers. Six points is a total humiliation, the Rams should be ashamed.
    I know I'm ashamed.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

The offense plays the offense the head coach calls. When Olson was at the helm of the offense he had an excuse, with Linehan they've just gotten worse. He would have had an excuse at the end of the season, but now the bag totally falls in his hand. He's calling the plays, and he's the most unimaginative coach I've ever seen in my life. Running on 2nd and long, consecutive drives is inexcusable. NO two tight end sets, I would have thought it was preseason yesterday. I don't care if we're injured or not, injury is part of the game. Linehan must go, I'm a part of SLOP now. Linehan is just plain sloppy. Hate is a strong word, but I hate everything about his system.

tanus is offline Registered User

Does this really surprise anyone? In 4 road games this year, we have scored 0 offensive touchdowns. This was actually our best road game offensive performance. The previous three road games we scored 3 (Bucs), 0 (Cowboys, Dante Hall's PR TD), and 3 (Ravens) on offense. Linehan will probably see this as an improvement. Oh boy.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Six points. :\

Three points twice (Ravens, Bucs). Seven points (Cowgirls). // That's why I said yesterday that we're scoring as if in baseball -- in baseball the teams often score more.

You're right, LARAM0, totally unacceptable. But that is **ahg, chest pain** the lot of the 2007 Rams (offense).

**Collapsing over keyboard** ... ..."Go Rams." :x

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

i feared of this very day when when martz left when our offense would be basic and predictable and soo easy to stop and people would go nuts cause we are so used to 50 yrd td passes to bruce and holt and 35 point games not 4 -5 yard conservative passing followed up by predictable middle runs
    Torry Holt Dont play that

TekeRam is offline Registered User

letsgoramz, I was a big fan of Martz's offense, like everyone else, however there's a difference between getting angry at less 50 yard TD's and this crap. I'd be happy with a 50 yard attempt at this point! Seriously, this is very very different than just being a letdown from the Martz era, it's a crime to football how plain, vanilla, and predictable this offense is. It looks like he's afraid to run anything past the five yard mark on passes, and if the yards to gain is above five, well that just means a run!

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

It's funny that we'd be ecstatic for a 40 yd TD but a colts fan (for example) see's it as just another drive.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    and that is why the injury excuse is just that,a big excuse
    Excuse or not, it's a legitimate fact that we're missing numerous players on offense because of injuries, and that makes a big difference. Saying things like "that's just a big excuse" minimizes the effect of those injuries completely.

notice all the back up QB'S scoring points
    Them being back-up QBs doesn't make much difference. The real question is how many other players on that offense were beat up. The Rams are on their third LT, third LG, back and forth between first and second center, have gone through three RGs, and as many RTs. That doesn't even cover the fact that we're missing our Pro Bowl RB and have no depth at receiver. Do you think the other teams listed were suffering from the same number of injuries?

and before anyone says our o-line is banged up,4 of those guys that played yesterday STARTED last season for us,so I don't believe that to be a excuse anymore either
    Two of them are playing poorly out of position, as is Milford Brown. I'm beginning to wonder if Romberg isn't starting to show why he was a practice squad player before we picked him up.

Just because some of them started last year doesn't mean much when you're putting them at different places and playing musical chairs practically every week where they can't gain any continuity or have any substantial time to gel as a unit.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Well, Alan Faneca's going to be wanting out of Pittsburgh next year...

eldfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Excuse or not, it's a legitimate fact that we're missing numerous players on offense because of injuries, and that makes a big difference. Saying things like "that's just a big excuse" minimizes the effect of those injuries completely.

Them being back-up QBs doesn't make much difference. The real question is how many other players on that offense were beat up. The Rams are on their third LT, third LG, back and forth between first and second center, have gone through three RGs, and as many RTs. That doesn't even cover the fact that we're missing our Pro Bowl RB and have no depth at receiver. Do you think the other teams listed were suffering from the same number of injuries?

Two of them are playing poorly out of position, as is Milford Brown. I'm beginning to wonder if Romberg isn't starting to show why he was a practice squad player before we picked him up.

Just because some of them started last year doesn't mean much when you're putting them at different places and playing musical chairs practically every week where they can't gain any continuity or have any substantial time to gel as a unit.
    With all the reason you have mention when do you hold the coaches, accountable for this 0-7 start. This is the NFL players, coaches should be professional have some pride. The back up players do get a pay check. They should play better than this. Good coaches should be able to get marginal players to play better. It is hard to think that we can not play competitive football and not blame the coaches and the players for this. As a fan I am not going to look at the injuries and give a free pass for Linehan to lead this team to a 0-7 we can still do better than this mess.
    :ramlogo:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post

we had Bruce,Holt,Bulger,Mcmicheal,there are teams who would like that group

I have never been a backup QB but I would think that it would make a difference.

if these guys are playing so poorly and are so bad how did they make the team,we let Timmerman go because he was so called washed up, yet these other guys stink,Nick your points are well taken and make sense,but i'm just disgusted with the play of these guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast