Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Re: With the 65th pick of the NFL Draft, the Rams take Jerome Murphy, CB, USF

I'm not that excited about this pick. On draftcountdown.com, there's a note about him getting benched for a time in 2009 for poor play. That being a different occasion than the time he was suspended for violation of team rules. This pick actually reminds me of Fletcher in a lot of ways: physical corner, kind of an underachiever in college, a few minor character concerns.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Classic spags pick. The rams are quite aware of where their needs are. If they liked this guy better than griffen, i am completely supportive of it. It looks just like the fletcher pick to me. Big physical corrner, opposite of hill, wade, etc.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

viper is offline Registered User

I think this pick caught most of us off guard. However, I think we all can agree that corner has been a weakness for our team for a long time. Maybe Despags feel that Little and Hall will be serviceable for another year at DE and they'll pick up another DE prospect later. My thoughts are that they may feel that the TE/WR pool is deep in this years draft and they can wait there as well. I hope thats what they're thinking anyway. Because I'm with you guys, with Griffen and a few good TE's still on the board, I was pretty disappointed at the time. But, I believe in Spags and Devaney. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt here.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

I like this pick. I watched some tape. Murphy can tackle, and that has been a huge weakness of our Defense. He has good instincts, great horizontal speed, and brings ball-carriers to the ground. Plays more physical than his size, which is great. I see strong potential if he is buys-in to the program.

He needs polish and discipline, but seems comfortable with the fundamentals, and flys to the ball.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Psst, Griffen is still on the board. What does that tell you?

Scidog68 is offline Registered User

It tells me that he did not grade out as high to teams with that need as he did to teams who didn't... I like the Murphy pick. Stick to your board, THEY know what they want/need.

Hooah

Win, Lose or Draw... Rams for Life!
    :football:

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Great pick imo, our run D should be decent this year with Bartell and Murphy not afraid to get in there. Fletcher doesnt have to be rushed back into service, and when hes 100% he'll be a major addition to these 2.

I hope we get this contract thing worked out because if OJ is back then we have a solid secondary imo. We need OJ or someone like him because Dahl and Butler together I think would be a liability against the pass.

I agree we need an DE TE LB and RB, we have 7 picks left, and we need to make a trade for Osi HAPPEN, and grab Clay Harbor.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Im actually starting to like this pick. Hes known as a very physical CB with good ball skills, his downside is speed but there had to be a reason he dropped to the 3rd. I think i like the pick tho.

BM_Face is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    Psst, Griffen is still on the board. What does that tell you?
    That he was waaay over-rated. Over 30 teams passed on him at least three times. Is that your point? If so good job.

If we want Griffen we will take him at the top of 4, where his real value is.
    A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

That was indeed my point. He has all the talent, but that work ethic and maturity concerns (he sounded like a 13 year old in his interview on 101 ESPN) dropped him drastically. I could get on board with him in the fourth, but i hope we can pass on him again and he's there in the fifth.

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

I still think that we need defensive line help more. Our run defense was so poor that teams only needed to throw on us to keep their receivers interested in the game. I would have rather taken DL help and work back towards the secondary. That said, we need help everywhere except maybe kicker.

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    I still think that we need defensive line help more. Our run defense was so poor that teams only needed to throw on us to keep their receivers interested in the game. I would have rather taken DL help and work back towards the secondary. That said, we need help everywhere except maybe kicker.
    I like clif and robbins in the middle against the run. another guy for the rotation wouldnt be bad, but if you can't get that elite guy, i say wait.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fearsome foursome View Post
    That occurred to me when thinking about this pick. We ranked 30th in sacks and 32nd in interceptions, 25th against the pass and 27th against the run. I might have preferred to take a defensive lineman, but virtually any position on the defense would qualify as a need.

realchamp11 is offline Registered User

according to nfl.com he has the second best grade for the pick at 7.7...if that means anything

:1:PLAY EVER SNAP LIKE IT YOUR LAST!!!:1:

rammiser is offline Registered User

Heres a video i posted in draft discussion thread of Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    Jerome Murphy evaluation video.

YouTube - Jerome Murphy 2010
    Just Fix It

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12