AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

7 Questions That Need Answering

These are the questions currently on my mind:

1. Will Pisa Tinoisamoa really be the starting SS? Does he want this? Do the Rams really want this? While I'm intrigued by a number of the LBs in the draft, the notion of a Coakley-Claiborne-Tinoisamoa trio doesn't sound too bad to me.

2. What will happen with Adam Archuleta? Will he be healthy? I think a healthy Arch can succeed at SS or FS. But if he is in the same condition as last year, he's a liability.

3. What will happen with Leonard Little? My gut says he'll be back, but there is a chance he won't. As a fan, I hope he can play. But I wonder if he really deserves to be making millions playing a game.

4. When will the O line be bolstered? FA OTs are just too darn expensive. This seems to be a decent draft for linemen. Will the Rams be able to take the one they want in the first round?

5. Will Pace sign? He's got new agents and the market price seems to have been set. Will he finally be signed for camp?

6. Will the Rams get a shot at Antrel Rolle? I am convinced Rolle will be a star, but with a 40 time of 4.50, could he drop to the Rams? If he does - he's my choice!

7. Who will be the backup QB? Is Smoker ready for the job, or will a veteran be brought in? Please not Jaime Martin.

Stay tuned.

rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: 7 Questions That Need Answering

These are my opinions on your questions.

?1. I don't see how Tinoisamoa can be a starting ss when he hasnt played it before. Kind of scary thinking of him playing out of position, I liked him at linebacker.

?2. One thing I can't understand about the move of Archuletta to FS is he will have to cover more. This is his weakness, he struggles in coverage against speedy wr's and te's. I'm still scratching my head on that one.

?3. I guess we are bad people I want him back too but I have a feeling he will be missing the entire season the NFL doesnt look too kindly on repeat offenders.

?4. I wish all that crap with Turley never happened he was better than what we have now. There arent any fa's tackles left anyway so we need one in the draft.

?5. I sure the hell hope so only 9 more days and hes stuck being franchised for a while. They need to get this done. If they were smart they would have signed him before Samuels re-upped I'm sure Pace's new agents are licking their chops after seeing his contract.

?6. Can the Rams afford to pass up a good tackle at 19 if Rolle is there? I dont think so, we need to solidify that o-line so Bulger has time to pick apart defenses.

?7. Maybe we can find a good backup in nfl europe or something, I dont know if Smoker is any good but he couldnt be worse than Chandler could he???

GO RAMS RE-TOOL FOR 05 :ramlogo:

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Pisa - If you watch tape from last year, you'll know Pisa is too small for the run.
    Teams schemed to run right at him and it's his weakness - big time.
    One only has to remember Atlanta running without ever having to change lanes or be touched for long drives. If you put Pisa outside with already undersized DE's (ala Hargrove) teams will run it right at them with success.

Archuleta - I couldn't agree more.. He's going to be a fish out of water. I can't see that working. He might play a year as a extra DB in passing situations.. But, with his back condition and his lack of coverage skills, I can see the end in sight for him.

O-line - I agree with need a Tackle Big time. BUT, I'm not sure we have guards that can move people out and run block consistently. We couldn't run last year when it came down to it - in the end of the season. Jackson was running into brick walls or being hit in the backfield. I think a Guard with a mean streak may be necessary. Green Bay had two good guards (lost 'em both), I don't know why we didn't take a run at Wahle.

We're in trouble without Leonard Little.

Having watched the Packers some last year, am I the only one concerned about getting their Secondary coach. They had a game against the Vikings where every play in one half went for a touchdown. The average gain per play was like 38 yards or something stupid. After watching Marmie's Defense, it wasn't exactly comforting to see them bringing in someone from Green Bay. Green Bay's Defense truly Stunk!

Hate to tell it like it is.

theodus69 is offline Registered User

Telling it like it is ........just is!!!! I'm not happy with D at all. hey T.S. what's the Main beer in Jersey? Just curious! :tough:
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AV
    1. Will Pisa Tinoisamoa really be the starting SS? Does he want this? Do the Rams really want this? While I'm intrigued by a number of the LBs in the draft, the notion of a Coakley-Claiborne-Tinoisamoa trio doesn't sound too bad to me.
    This is the greatest thing that could have happened to Pisa. He's got heart, he's got a motor, he's got speed....what he doesn't have is the ability to take on 300 pound lineman on every down; which is exactly what he was having to do. This move frees him up to head hunt w/o having to shed another sumo wrestler in his path.
    4. When will the O line be bolstered? FA OTs are just too darn expensive. This seems to be a decent draft for linemen. Will the Rams be able to take the one they want in the first round?
    You're right, there's nothing of value left in FA and who wants to risk June 1st. We have to turn to the draft, and I only see 2 rookie starting OTs in it, Barron & Brown. Barron will be gone, Brown probably won't. If he's there, he has to be our pick.
    5. Will Pace sign? He's got new agents and the market price seems to have been set. Will he finally be signed for camp?
    The excuses are gone. He either signs by the 15th or puts his house on the market.
    6. Will the Rams get a shot at Antrel Rolle? I am convinced Rolle will be a star, but with a 40 time of 4.50, could he drop to the Rams? If he does - he's my choice!
    As much as I would love to see him in horns, if he can't play RT, I think we pass.
    7. Who will be the backup QB? Is Smoker ready for the job, or will a veteran be brought in? Please not Jaime Martin.
    The #2 is Smoker and he's going to do a great job. This is the 1st QB that Martz has had to mold since day 1. He has all the tools and should be fun to watch as he matures. But hopefully we only see him in 4th Quarter mop-up duties after we take a 3 TD lead into the last frame.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod