Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guam rammer is offline Registered User

Wink 8-0 after the bye.

I know i'd be dreaming to even bring this up but lets consider it anyway. If we go 8-8 or even 7-9 as some have mentioned being a possible WC winner. Is there still a chance to make the playoffs?

East
    Dallas-6-1,
    NY 6-2,
    North
    GB 6-1,
    Detroit 5-2,

With Seattle and Carolina barely holding uptop at 4-3 one team only will represent from their spots. It looks like the only way possible for us to make the playoffs would be for us to win out and claim our division (Of course the Cards, Hawks, and ****** have to cooperate). the top two east and north teams will either take their divisions or the WC spot. There's still a tiny, tiny chance so i'll just keep dreaming until we're officially eliminated!!!

moloch41 is offline Registered User

Re: 8-0 after the bye.

WHy would you want to finish 8-8 or 7-9 again? I'd rather just win one game and hopefully get the #1 pick overall. To me 8-8 or 7-9 is a losing season and if you're going to lose, get something for it. I don't want a middle of the pack first round pick again.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I am all for winning all the games that we can. I will never subscribe to the "play for the draft pick" mentality. Besides, other than Holt, Pace, and Jackson, I do not recall our first round picks working out all that good over the past 10 years.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaRam View Post
    I am all for winning all the games that we can. I will never subscribe to the "play for the draft pick" mentality. Besides, other than Holt, Pace, and Jackson, I do not recall our first round picks working out all that good over the past 10 years.
    Totally agree Alpha. :r

Better to have an overall improved team to start the next season than a 1-15 or 2-14 just to acquire the 1st NFL Draft pick, a player who often times will NOT save the team anyway.

:\ Go Rams!

That is true, but finishing 8-8 or 9-7 hasn't exactly brought us success in the draft either. I really think those middle of the first round picks don't really pan out for many teams, but they still garner a decent amount of money.

Quote Originally Posted by RealRam View Post
    Totally agree Alpha. :r

Better to have an overall improved team to start the next season than a 1-15 or 2-14 just to acquire the 1st NFL Draft pick, a player who often times will NOT save the team anyway.

:\ Go Rams!

Yeah, didn't we go on a "winning streak" at the end of last season too? That seems to have done a world of wonders for the team this year. All it did was drop us about 5 spots in the draft and we didn't make the playoffs anyway.

Epi_rush is offline Registered User

I'd like to see at least one win this season. Watching the same train wreck over and over every week is excrutiating.

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Yeah, didn't we go on a "winning streak" at the end of last season too? That seems to have done a world of wonders for the team this year. All it did was drop us about 5 spots in the draft and we didn't make the playoffs anyway.
    Yeah, but we had a chance at the playoffs. All we needed was for 4 other teams to lose on the final day (three did), Green Bay to not win by 30-something points, and the stars to align in a precise manner for us to have made the playoffs.

Sometimes as fans we have to just cheer for a win from game to game. I went to a game in 2002 where we were already out of the playoffs. However, I still yelled for the team...who staged a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Whiners.

Sometimes, we have to learn to accept the smaller victories...we sack the opposing QB...a great rushing game by a RB.....lineman playing in 200th consecutive game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

blood85 is offline Registered User

8-0 After the bye??? Just beat the ***** and let's call it a season.

Yeah, but we had a chance at the playoffs. All we needed was for 4 other teams to lose on the final day (three did), Green Bay to not win by 30-something points, and the stars to align in a precise manner for us to have made the playoffs.

Sometimes as fans we have to just cheer for a win from game to game. I went to a game in 2002 where we were already out of the playoffs. However, I still yelled for the team...who staged a 4th quarter comeback to beat the Whiners.

Sometimes, we have to learn to accept the smaller victories...we sack the opposing QB...a great rushing game by a RB.....lineman playing in 200th consecutive game.

And I agree with whoever said they'd rather see the team improve than get a high draft pick, but I said last year as we were winning those games that we weren't really improving and it was just hurting our draft status. They were worthless wins against a bunch of teams that had already mailed the season in. 8-8 was a high win total for last year because we got very lucky in the beginning of the season and squeaked out a handful of wins that we probably shouldn't have gotten. We're not going to improve with Linehan as head coach, so I'd rather see a high draft pick in the hands of a new regime.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

I would lovw to finish 8-8, 7-9. i dont cate if we lose the #1 pick, sometimes the 1st pick isnt alays the best. Was Bulger #1? no he wasnt, he was in the 190's i believe. look at brady. i know those are qbs, but u get the point. Peterson is great. Its not about drafting high, its about drafting smart and getting the right person for the job.

8-8 all the way!

GO RAMS!!!!

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

See, it's interesting. I would love for us to finish by wining our final 8, because it shows that Linehan at least has some chops as a Head Coach. It would be a real 'victory against the odds'.

But that's highly unlikely, and as far as draft position is concerned, it actually makes sense to win at least one game. What, really, do we look at with the number one pick?
    It should go to McFadden, or Brohm perhaps, or even Dorsey or Long, but really, the only one we could use from that lot is Long, and He could be had at pick two or pick three.

Then you look at the other potential picks two through four, those being Calais Campbell and Kenny Phillips---NOTE-- I understand that it's extemely early to put players in position, and any one of these may fall from the top or even the first round- I'm also working under the assumption that both will declare.

Campbell and Phillips are two players who we could plug in almost instantaneously for dramatic effect, I feel.

Say we win four games? All is not lost, you can grab Chris Long somewhere between 5-10. Impact pass rusher, and the possibility of Phillips still being available is legit.

Plus, the way Cleveland and Dallas are winning, if we wanted to swap for two firsts, you have a slightly more equal bet from a value perspective.

majorram is offline Registered User

I just want to WIN, not even thinking about the draft... I'm tired of losing!!!!!!!!

steve
    "The breakfast Club"

theodus69 is offline Registered User

8 wins after the bye?............................................................
    ........................................................................................
    .................................................................................... Sorry i just got back from the hospital and they cured me of my laugh attack I was having!!!!!!!!!
    I stopped going to the dentist.......I got tired of the cavity searches!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I'd love it if we went 8-0 after the bye. And I'm for any win we can get, regardless of where it puts us in the draft. I can't believe people who call themselves true fans would wish for us to lose. What's the difference between the last place team and the super bowl winner? One overpriced pick who has no guarantee of working out, and the pick after the best team every round after that. Not to mention that the best teams tend to get better compensation picks.

Yes, our win streak last year didn't pan out for us last year except for the fact that how many free agents would go for a 1-15 team over an 8-8 that barely missed the playoffs? Running a team is not just about the draft, even though I know the most successful teams grow their own teams.

Also, the Rams were respected going into this year by the media as a team that had a chance to make waves. What do you think they'll say about us next year?

Give me every win you can manage Rams!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast