Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 31
  1. #16
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I can't believe people who call themselves true fans would wish for us to lose.
    Oh, I'm tired of hearing that. I'm looking towards next season and a good beginning to next season is a better draft pick. Even if that draft pick is traded for more picks. This season is over. Even if we somehow manage to win the last 8 games (which is not going to happen), Linehan is gone and we're starting again anyway- might as well have some talent to start with.


    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam
    What's the difference between the last place team and the super bowl winner? One overpriced pick who has no guarantee of working out, and the pick after the best team every round after that.
    Huh?

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam
    Not to mention that the best teams tend to get better compensation picks.
    No, the teams with the best free agents that other people want and take are the teams that get the compensation picks. We really have no free agents that anyone is going to get in a bidding war over...

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam
    Yes, our win streak last year didn't pan out for us last year except for the fact that how many free agents would go for a 1-15 team over an 8-8 that barely missed the playoffs?
    I must have missed all those free agents knocking down the door of the EJD to get on the Rams this past season...

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam
    Also, the Rams were respected going into this year by the media as a team that had a chance to make waves. What do you think they'll say about us next year?
    Yes, and now we're a laughing stock- what is your point exactly? You think it was worth winning those worthless games at the end of last season and dropping all those spots in the draft so that the media respects us more in the offseason? As for what they'll say about us next year- more of the same snide comments and we'll continue to be the butt of jokes unless we get rid of this coaching staff and start drafting better. I just want to win one game so we don't go 0-16. But to me, there is no difference in finishing 1-16 then finishing 4-12 or 6-10 or even 7-9. They're all losing records.


  2. #17
    bruce4life's Avatar
    bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Hemet/San Diego CA
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    no no and no.... ill be happy if we go 4-4... enough said... this thread is pointless...

  3. #18
    tomahawk247's Avatar
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Essex, England
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,643
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    beat the niners or the falcons

    if we have jackson back we should be able to beat both, but even just one would be good for me right now

  4. #19
    THoltDaBest81's Avatar
    THoltDaBest81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    I got more excitement from the rams in the pre season, but no matter what we do after the bye, we should get a decent draft pick anyway. The Rams just need to make sure they draft a positional need instead of a hyped up player.
    Last edited by THoltDaBest81; -11-05-2007 at 08:55 AM.

  5. #20
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Anyone pulling for the team to lose is a sorry fan, plain and simple ...

  6. #21
    mh-i's Avatar
    mh-i is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    CA
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,168
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    The Rams are 12 point underdogs to the Saints. They'll be 0-9 going into week 10. At best the Rams will be 2-14 when all is said and done. I'm not pulling for them to lose but anybody that thinks the Rams could go 8-8 or 7-9 hasn't been watching so far this season.

  7. #22
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    beat the niners or the falcons

    if we have jackson back we should be able to beat both, but even just one would be good for me right now

    If we're going to win a game, it's going to be against one of those two. I think more likely it will be against the Whiners because their running game isn't as good as the Falcons and we can't stop the run...again...

  8. #23
    RamsInfiniti's Avatar
    RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    R.I.P.
    Age
    34
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    77

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    If we're going to win a game, it's going to be against one of those two. I think more likely it will be against the Whiners because their running game isn't as good as the Falcons and we can't stop the run...again...
    We have three very solid games against the run, then one off game against a huge, powerful offensive line, and you assume we can't stop the run again?

  9. #24
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Anyone pulling for the team to lose is a sorry fan, plain and simple ...
    *Yawn* Rah, Rah- Go team!!! Blah, blah, blah. You're right, I should root for my team to go 4 or 5 games under .500 and not get anything in return for it.

  10. #25
    TheGuest62's Avatar
    TheGuest62 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by mh-i View Post
    The Rams are 12 point underdogs to the Saints. They'll be 0-9 going into week 10. At best the Rams will be 2-14 when all is said and done. I'm not pulling for them to lose but anybody that thinks the Rams could go 8-8 or 7-9 hasn't been watching so far this season.
    The Saints are not very good. They're secondary got shredded by Quinn Gray but a few mistakes at bad times blew the game for the Jaguars.

    With SJax back and rested we should be able to move the ball very well against them. Remember for the 2 drives he was back for vs the Browns we scored 2 Touchdowns.

  11. #26
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    We have three very solid games against the run, then one off game against a huge, powerful offensive line, and you assume we can't stop the run again?

    The Rams are 25th in the league against the run- not that huge of an assumption...

    Cleveland- 17th in the league in rushing offense

    Baltimore- 18th in the league in rushing offense

    Seattle- 23rd in the league in rushing offense

    Arizona- 24th in the league in rushing offense

    Not that impressive in my opinion.

  12. #27
    cdrw is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGuest62 View Post
    The Saints are not very good. They're secondary got shredded by Quinn Gray but a few mistakes at bad times blew the game for the Jaguars.

    With SJax back and rested we should be able to move the ball very well against them. Remember for the 2 drives he was back for vs the Browns we scored 2 Touchdowns.

    Brees 35/49 445 yds 3 T.D.'s 538 total net yards against the Jags....Na they're not very good.

  13. #28
    TekeRam's Avatar
    TekeRam is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, United States
    Age
    30
    Posts
    3,859
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    *Yawn* Rah, Rah- Go team!!! Blah, blah, blah. You're right, I should root for my team to go 4 or 5 games under .500 and not get anything in return for it.
    Yes, you should. Because you call yourself a fan. Look at the Phillies. The game they lost their 10,000 game or whatever was sold out! The Philly fans are great because they cheer even when it's futile. You'll never see bag heads there, and anyone who speaks bad tends to get an icicle in the back.

    I look forward to next season just like everyone else, because I know we aren't going to win the superbowl, but we weren't anyway because the AFC is better than the NFC. By your logic we should just go 0-16 until Manning, Brady, and hell, Big Ben retire. We won't get anything for trying, because we won't win a super bowl.

    Now, to clarify my points for you Moloch, since you obviously didn't understand.
    The draft is a rotating one, as opposed to a snake-like one used in fantasy football. The last pick in the first round(held by the superbowl winner) is the one just before the first pick of the second round(held by the worst team). This goes on through the whole draft. Thusly, when you look at it, the difference between the best team and the worst team is that the worst team gets 6 players one spot "worse" than the best team and gets one player who is supposed to be the best in the draft, but has no guarantee to be such, as well as a huge guarantee-laden contract for that player, which is now approaching top quality free agents' money. The best team also gets a 7th rounder who has less of a possibility to work out, but for pennies on the dollar.

    The quality free agents that you missed were Bennett, McMichael, and Draft. Meanwhile the only free agent I can think of for the Raiders was Dominic Rhodes. Oh, I'm sorry, they also got Culpepper. The Lions had TJ Duckett, Shawn McDonald, Travis Fisher, and Edwin Mulitalo. Baltimore's Mulitalo is the only real quality guy I see on those lists.

    Lastly, I understand how compensation picks work, do you? They're not done by how big the contract is, or how many offers the guy gets, it's done by production in the first year on the other team. This year we'll get credit for Curtis(hopefully a 4th), McDonald(7th?), and probably no one else. Meanwhile, the top teams tend to have better quality free agents leave, and so they'll get better compensation picks than us. Indy will probably get a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, at least due to their free agents.

    Any other questions?

  14. #29
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Yes, you should. Because you call yourself a fan. Look at the Phillies. The game they lost their 10,000 game or whatever was sold out! The Philly fans are great because they cheer even when it's futile. You'll never see bag heads there, and anyone who speaks bad tends to get an icicle in the back.
    Hey, I'm still watching the games- I'm just not going to root blindly for them and "being a real fan" doesn't mean you don't have to right to criticize the team or speak realistically about their chances. Besides for draft order, does it really matter if a team finishes 4-12 or 1-15- no. In a couple of years, all anyone remembers is that it was another horrible season and a losing record.

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam
    By your logic we should just go 0-16 until Manning, Brady, and hell, Big Ben retire. We won't get anything for trying, because we won't win a super bowl.
    No, that isn't what I said at all, so don't misquote me. We are 0-8 THIS year and the season is already over and has been for a while now. As you know from last year- winning a bunch of worthless games at the end of the year does not necessarily give a team something to build on. If we are competitive and winning games, then great- but when we are playing poorly and beating teams that are playing even worse, I don't really see the point once the season is over.

    Quote Originally Posted by tekeram
    Now, to clarify my points for you Moloch, since you obviously didn't understand.The draft is a rotating one, as opposed to a snake-like one used in fantasy football. The last pick in the first round(held by the superbowl winner) is the one just before the first pick of the second round(held by the worst team). This goes on through the whole draft. Thusly, when you look at it, the difference between the best team and the worst team is that the worst team gets 6 players one spot "worse" than the best team and gets one player who is supposed to be the best in the draft, but has no guarantee to be such, as well as a huge guarantee-laden contract for that player, which is now approaching top quality free agents' money. The best team also gets a 7th rounder who has less of a possibility to work out, but for pennies on the dollar.
    Yawn. You have much more flexibilty with higher picks- including the ability to trade for more picks later in the draft. I really think there will be teams hungry to move up and make sure they get a player like McFadden from Arkansas- including the Cowboys who currently own 2 first round picks. Personally, i don't think we need to guy, but if we can can move down, get another first round pick or more later round picks and still get a player like Jake Long, that would be a bigger bonus than beating a lowly Falcons team.

    Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam
    The quality free agents that you missed were Bennett, McMichael, and Draft. Meanwhile the only free agent I can think of for the Raiders was Dominic Rhodes. Oh, I'm sorry, they also got Culpepper. The Lions had TJ Duckett, Shawn McDonald, Travis Fisher, and Edwin Mulitalo. Baltimore's Mulitalo is the only real quality guy I see on those lists.
    Through 8 Games

    McMichael- 19 receptions for 248yds and a TD

    Bennett- 14 receptions for 157yds and a TD

    Draft- 18 Tackles, 0int, 0FF

    Not exactly the biggest difference makers in the world. And that's not to say that I don't like them- I do and actually believe that Draft should start ahead of Pisa, who plays very erractically. I also think that McMichael is one of the better tight ends in the league, but it's clear that this coaching staff doesn't know how to use him. But alas, my point was that winning those last few games to go 8-8 didn't convince any big name free agents that they have to come here. Money is what convinces free agents. If we would have went to 5-11, Bennett still would have come here if the contract was right. Just as I'm sure if the Raiders have offered Bennett a few more dollars, he would be wearing Black & Silver right now.

    Lastly, I understand how compensation picks work, do you? They're not done by how big the contract is, or how many offers the guy gets, it's done by production in the first year on the other team. This year we'll get credit for Curtis(hopefully a 4th), McDonald(7th?), and probably no one else. Meanwhile, the top teams tend to have better quality free agents leave, and so they'll get better compensation picks than us. Indy will probably get a 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th, at least due to their free agents.
    I'm sorry- isn't this what I said? I said teams that finish with better records do not get the better compensation picks- the teams that lose the best free agents to other teams do- so winning the last few games would not effect our compensation picks at all either way.

  15. #30
    ramsbruce's Avatar
    ramsbruce is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Here
    Age
    42
    Posts
    3,406
    Rep Power
    50

    Re: 8-0 after the bye.

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    Through 8 Games

    McMichael- 19 receptions for 248yds and a TD

    Bennett- 14 receptions for 157yds and a TD

    Draft- 18 Tackles, 0int, 0FF

    Not exactly the biggest difference makers in the world. And that's not to say that I don't like them- I do and actually believe that Draft should start ahead of Pisa, who plays very erractically. I also think that McMichael is one of the better tight ends in the league, but it's clear that this coaching staff doesn't know how to use him.
    I do like stats, but again these stats are misleading a little bit because Randy hasn't been 100% healthy and it's evident on the field. Bennett obviously has missed games and hasn't been healthy all year so it's really hard to evaluate them and see if they are difference makers or not.

    To the point of the coaches not knowing how to use Randy I would say that they HAVE to keep him in to block a lot more than they wanted to because we obviously have holes on the O Line. So again trying to evaluate Randy on stats alone is misleading.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE


Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •