AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

8 Things Linehan, Haslett and the Front Office Told Us Today

1. They are serious about fixing the defense. Tye Hill, Claude Wroten and Jon Alston, added to the free agents signed, will really remake that side of the ball.

2. Linehan really wants to use the TE position. Klopfenstein and Byrd - a potentially VERY effective two TE set (and a strong indicator that Manumaleuna is on his way out).

3. Haslett likes speed. The Rams drafted the fastest DB and the fastest LB in the draft (not to mention a very quick DT).

4. The team has more confidence in the O line than some may have thought. Apparently, Linehan thinks he can make a good line out of Pace, Barron, McCollum, Timmerman, Stuessie, Terrell, Incognito and Sapaia.

5. They are not as worried as we are about the SLB position. Obviously not a major draft priority.

6. They think Atogwe or Bartell can be effective at FS. I think they're probably right about that.

7. Contrary to popular reporting, they don't think QB is a need position. No surprise to us.

8. They're willing to make deals to get what they want. Two Day 1 deals yielded Wroten and Byrd.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: 8 Things Linehan, Haslett and the Front Office Told Us Today

Good assessment AV; I was a little surprised when they took Hill and passed on Greenway and Carpenter. I hope they are right about the SLB position. I like that they got two potentially solid TE's. Hopefully Hill, Worten and Alston will make an impact.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Chillar and Smith could be good enough for SLB, or Pisa could move over and Alston could play WLB

Varg6 is offline Registered User

The more I think about it, the more this makes sense, these guys are not only great players, but they FIT the Rams very well. Other than the offield problems with drugs I believe with Wroten, I think we drafted some great guys, what an excellent day!

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

general counsel is offline Registered User

If you have faith in linehan and haslett, you have to defer to their judgement and let them get the players and positions they want, to match the schemes and player assestments they have, not what we have and not what the media has. When they have their own guys, it will be easier for them to feel comfortable with the results.

I am not going to second guess anything they do at this point. I will give them a chance and see how it turns out on the field before i substitute my views for theirs. I think they did a great job today and i want them to do what THEY think is best.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Speed on D-Fence is GREAT...... GO GREATEST SHOW ON TURF!!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam
    7. Contrary to popular reporting, they don't think QB is a need position. No surprise to us.
    What's even better is looking at Linehan's press conference for the Tye Hill pick on the Rams' official site. About six minutes into it, he talks about how Bulger is their guy and QB was the position they needed least. This is like volcano-sized smoke the Rams let out in the last few weeks. LOL
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Very good post AV, after the mini camp Linehan said some guys real stepped it up and surprised the coaches. Chillar being one of them and Kennedy Using that extra mini camp before the draft really paid off.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

i was so relived when we didnt get cutler.... cuz i had to do something during the 11th pick and i asked my dad who was the 11th pick???? Jay Cutler.....and i was like NOOOOOOOO!!!!!....and then my dad says Denver got him....and i was like YESSSSSSSSSS

I knew Bulger wasnt getting replace..... Bulger is a Great QB!!! we dont need another one

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Man, they played everybody on Cutler. I'm really warming up to Alston as an end rusher, too. I can't wait to see the new look Rams. The new coaching staff has done a great job inspiring confidence.