throwback week

Thread: 9 & 12

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

9 & 12

Yea, 9 & 12....so what HUb, what does that mean?

Well, I'm glad you asked:

The #9 is the numbers of games in the past 6 years the Rams have held a team to 10 or less points. That's 8.9% of their games since 2000.

The #12 is the numbers of games in the past 6 years the Broncos have been held to 10 or less points. That's 11.9% of their games.

I'm no mathmatician, but looks like about a 1 in 10 chance of the Rams doing what they did on Sunday........in the past 6 years.

The future is looking better everyday.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Varg6 is online now Registered User

Re: 9 & 12

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Yea, 9 & 12....so what HUb, what does that mean?

Well, I'm glad you asked:

The #9 is the numbers of games in the past 6 years the Rams have held a team to 10 or less points. That's 8.9% of their games since 2000.

The #12 is the numbers of games in the past 6 years the Broncos have been held to 10 or less points. That's 11.9% of their games.

I'm no mathmatician, but looks like about a 1 in 10 chance of the Rams doing what they did on Sunday........in the past 6 years.

The future is looking better everyday.
    I love the math, I love you, and I love the way you think!

Awesome way of looking at it if you ask me. I'd say that's quite accurate too, I was never too big on statistics or anything, but this is actually kind of legit if you think about it.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

serkicker32 Guest

actually the chance of us doing that according to what you just gave us is 1.1%.

jjigga3000 is offline Registered User

Heres the thing, In my opinion the Defense has been crisp since Pre Season. I think we'll only get better as we gain team chemistry. I think Haslett will get after Alex early and often, he's not a runner but more a pocket QB. Being that SF only has Vernon Davis and Antonio Bryant to throw to We'll tee of on him. I say we have 4 to 6 sacks against SF. Also look for us to shore up our run Defense against SF.

I'm not saying that this game will be a breeze. But if our Offense can start clicking on all cylinders. We should start to distance the gap in the 3rd quater.

tanus is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32 View Post
    actually the chance of us doing that according to what you just gave us is 1.1%.
    this is correct if viewing as independent events, which is the case here.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

It's a simple fact that the Rams were eagerly awaiting week one and the chance to unload on somebody, the Broncos just happened to be the unlucky foe who got a chance to get beat on first. Couple that with the fact that the Broncos overlooked us and were probably thinking more about week 2, or week 3 against the Patriots, and this was bound to happen.

It's only the beginning my friends. The poor whiners are gonna get the crap kicked outta them as we seek revenge for our 2 embarassing losses to them last year. Alex Smith :x better call up Kurt Warner and get the number to the company that makes that kevlar body armor that KW wears during games. Things are gonns be ugly for the whiners in san fran next week.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32 View Post
    Thanks for the probablility analysis. But I guess the bigger point is, that regardless of the final permutation........what happened last Sunday, for all intents and purposes, WOULDN'T have happened the past couple of years.

It's just nice to see the Rams do something, they aren't supposed to do. The only time we saw it last year was the win over Jax. Now here we are after 1 week, and we've already witnessed it. That's a great feeling. Hopefully, the unexpected becomes the expected soon.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    It's a simple fact that the Rams were eagerly awaiting week one and the chance to unload on somebody, the Broncos just happened to be the unlucky foe who got a chance to get beat on first.
    Yep, wrong place, wrong time, WRONG team for the Broncs to open against.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison
    It's just nice to see the Rams do something, they aren't supposed to do.
    I think you're going to see the Rams doing a lot things they aren't supposed to do this year HUb.