Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That's because (and I say this with no personal animosity towards you whatsoever) you don't understand the game of football.

Everett went down when he was NOT about to get hit.

Sam went down to preserve valuable seconds on the clock when he was CERTAIN to be hit.

If you can't comprehend the difference, then you don't understand football.

No shame there. You're probably good at a lot of other things.
    Let me just say that I understand football as well as it could be understood my friend.

But just because our opinions often differ, it doesn't mean you have a better understanding of the game, it means we see things differently. People with good understanding understand that, people devoid of understanding don't.
    mh-i likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Bottom line is that even with all of that, we had the game won TWICE in OT, but killed ourselves with stupid penalties. Clearly, we have a lot of learning to do.
    And that, my friends, pretty much sums it up for me; that is, a) my deeply felt frustration and, b) my hope for the silver lining too. The latter will take more time but there definitely were some positive flashes of potential today that this young team can build upon to convert games like this one into a W.

For tonight, it will still hurt and annoy.
    live4ramin and mde8352gorams like this.

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Jeff Fisher's stupid, inexplicable, timeout with 1st and goal at the 2 with 1:13 left on the clock was the Rams undoing to me. Why not run 30 to 35 seconds off the clock or make SF use their TOs on defense.

Stupid timeout led to an illtimed TD with over a minute left.

Time and time again teams have proven they can drive 30 or 40 yards to kick a field goal with a minute left on the clock.

Just simply inexcuseable for a coach with his experience.

And Sam Bradford pulled a Chris Everett move with the game on the line in OT. Wow.....no wonder there's questions about whether we made a mistake in drafting him.
    And here I thought I was the only one who saw that... I was ashamed to see Sam jump to the ground in the fetal position. What gets me the most, aside from the 2 ridiculous penalties and the bad timeout, is that we let Kapernick beat us (also seeing him ruin our defense with his wheels and seeing Sam give up before trying).

I don't think there should be an argument that we didn't lose. We had this one squared away and like usual, bowed to the opponent in the 4th quarter. That's my rant. Pretty conservative rant too.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

There's nothing wrong, or nothing to make an admission to.

I said it reminded me (key word being me) of Jim "don't call me Criss" Everett.

I realize a lot of people are upset and probably not in their right minds right now, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what is so hard to understand about that.
    Well, you seem to have poor short term memory as well as long term memory. At least you are consistent.

In the long term it was nothing like the Everett sack. Which was a phantom sack. He was in the pocket and it was starting to collapse. He misjudged the actual pressure and fell to the ground while covering the ball. It was nothing like this current play involving Bradford - as I previously described.

In the short term that is not what you said.

In fact, the following is what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    And Sam Bradford pulled a Chris Everett move with the game on the line in OT. Wow.....no wonder there's questions about whether we made a mistake in drafting him.
    So, you go ahead and hang your hat on how things remind you of what you think you remember.

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

That's because (and I say this with no personal animosity towards you whatsoever) you don't understand the game of football.

Everett went down when he was NOT about to get hit.

Sam went down to preserve valuable seconds on the clock when he was CERTAIN to be hit.

If you can't comprehend the difference, then you don't understand football.

No shame there. You're probably good at a lot of other things.
    Got to call you out here. He was NOT certain to be hit. He had one rusher to beat. Look at the tape. Also, how is going down in the middle of the field preserving seconds? It would have saved more seconds to roll out and throw out of bounds or ground it by our back.

Additionally, I don't like your sarcasm....especially as a moderator. Don't take your frustrations out on our fellow clanramians.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

On the bright side, hearing Whiner fans in my suite pissed off at not winning this game is music to my ears.

BIG-BLUE is offline Registered User

Razza-frazza aaargh freakin' illegal formation magga-ragga ticky tack call eeeerrghh delay of game fraaagga freaka aaaargh bad spot raaaaaah you're letting the clock run maaaaaahhgaaaraha aaaaaaarahh!!!!!!!

Tie?

A freakin' tie!?!??!?!?!

Ugh.
    AV,
    You took the words right out of my mouth.
    live4ramin likes this.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Ramhearder View Post
    Got to call you out here. He was NOT certain to be hit. He had one rusher to beat. Look at the tape. Also, how is going down in the middle of the field preserving seconds? It would have saved more seconds to roll out and throw out of bounds or ground it by our back.
    I've seen the play several times, and you're completely off the mark. He had absolutely no chance to roll out or throw the ball. Had he not gone down, he would have been hit.

Additionally, I don't like your sarcasm....especially as a moderator. Don't take your frustrations out on our fellow clanramians.
    I really care what you think, so thanks for the input.

Now THAT... was sarcasm.

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

Let me just say that I understand football as well as it could be understood my friend.

But just because our opinions often differ, it doesn't mean you have a better understanding of the game, it means we see things differently. People with good understanding understand that, people devoid of understanding don't.
    No, "my friend," our opinions ALWAYS differ, because all you ever do around here is whine, disparage and complain about the Rams.

Did you think nobody noticed that?

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    i think you're overreacting on this one. this is not a SB year, so to compare this tie with spygate is an exaggeration. clearly SB loss to cheatriots overwhelmingly more disappointing. don't let hatred of whiners blur your judgment
    I agree that in the grand scheme of things that the Patriots loss was worse but I've never had this amount of negative emotion while watching any sporting event. I've never before had to go and work out immediately after a game to make sure that I didn't break anything in my house like a lunatic. Sports has never made me question my own sanity but this game accomplished that so thats my reasoning for never wanting to see this game again.
    live4ramin likes this.

Head Slap is offline Registered User

very disturbing loss and a bone head coach time out in the red zone less than a minute

team wont recover from this
    Last edited by Head Slap; -11-12-2012 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferter View Post
    Well, you seem to have poor short term memory as well as long term memory. At least you are consistent.

In the long term it was nothing like the Everett sack. Which was a phantom sack. He was in the pocket and it was starting to collapse. He misjudged the actual pressure and fell to the ground while covering the ball. It was nothing like this current play involving Bradford - as I previously described.

In the short term that is not what you said.

In fact, the following is what you said:

So, you go ahead and hang your hat on how things remind you of what you think you remember.

You have to be pretty arrogant to argue me down about something I said that pertains to ME.

Like I've said, the play REMINDED ME OF JIM "DON'T CALL ME CRISS" EVERETT!!! And that won't change no matter how much you put up your senseless arguement.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

dudes look on bright side we are still UNdefeated in our division.
    MOM and lordwhttgr like this.
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

ROB'S RAMPAGE Guest

Fortininerhater,
    Dont let their insensitive response get to you. You are absolutely right on the turf dive. Bradfords instinct in that situation was to hit the turf. It was not to avoid/beat it. Wether or not he would have been able to is not the point. J Everett's instinct to pressure was the SAME. And anybody that KNOWS football knows you can not take a sack in that instance especially if you are in ot playing for a fg. I personally dont believe he would have been successful had he tried....but he didnt. For someone to say that he DID IT to get to another play is pure hogwash!! Bradford bailed on THAT play(sacrificing pressious yards) and had another play. Bradford has done it before. Doesnt make him a bad QB as J.E. was not a bad qb. But like you I wish he would have showed a little more metal in that situation.

No, "my friend," our opinions ALWAYS differ, because all you ever do around here is whine, disparage and complain about the Rams.

Did you think nobody noticed that?
    And all you do is kiss @$$, so yeah "always" is a better term in this instance.

Unlike you, I'm not here to win a popularity contest, I'm here to voice MY opinion on the state of the Rams. Some people will agree, some people won't. Like I said, you can't please everybody.

And please don't get me confused with somebody who cares, what you notice.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast