Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree63Likes

Thread: Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!!

On that 80 yard pass it was almost like the Refs got together and were like "Did anyone see anything we can use to keep the Rams from winning?"
    RealRam and gap like this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    On that 80 yard pass it was almost like the Refs got together and were like "Did anyone see anything we can use to keep the Rams from winning?"
    Without a doubt, that is exactly what happened. It is totally inexcusable to have a penalty come that long after a play is completed. The same thing happened on DA's punt/kick return to the redzone. The officials called an illegal block in the back (which was actually on the shoulder) to take the momnetum away. Same thing happened there. They huddled up to see if anyone saw anything they could make stick as a penalty.

The officials clearly had an agenda, and did quite a bit of judgement calling (ignoring and making up) to help the 9ers stay in the game. All scoring but the FG after the Pead fumble was made possible by ignoring illegal blocks and holding by the 9ers.

gap

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

That penalty was kind of like calling an offensive foul away from the ball as the game winning shot goes through the basket.

Technically a penalty, but questionable whether it should be called that late in the play.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    That penalty was kind of like calling an offensive foul away from the ball as the game winning shot goes through the basket.

Technically a penalty, but questionable whether it should be called that late in the play.
    I tend to agree with you, especially since it took over 30 seconds for the flag to even be thrown, although rules expert Mike Pereira claimed the reason for the delay was that the official calling the penalty had to verify that the uncovered tackle had not reported. That said, it still makes no sense to not throw the flag immediately after the play started, and if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the referee normally announce over his microphone that a tackle has reported as eligible??. And how does that process take over 30 seconds??

The officiating crew were a bunch of bumbling idiots.
    jmk321 and rammmm like this.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The officiating crew were a bunch of bumbling idiots.
    This sums up my feelings perfectly!

ROB'S RAMPAGE Guest

Next thing these morons will post is: "I can't believe that horrible play when Bradford snapped the ball and immediately threw the ball to the ground! I mean, who do was he even throwing to!?!?!? He's worse than Tony Banks."

Those of you who are so narrow-minded and predisposed to take shots at Bradford are pathetic. He played a great game, and going to the turf on that particular play was SMART.

I think some of you would be better off watching professional wrestling instead of a real sport like football.
    "your honor i submit as evidence another insensitive comment by the great avenger 'these morons'. Please note"

Normally after reading one of your lame surveys or critiques i just laugh and shake my head. But THIS game had a very big impact on me to the point of tears. Never once did i think Bradford lost this game or was the MAJOR inpact on the neg outcome. As a matter of fact this was his best game as a pro in my books and FINALLY gave me something to hang a hat on. Very proud of his performance. That being said that play in question was a Big NO NO and was not smart. So says SANDO and S YOUNG on their view of the game among others. Would discuss my insights on play with you but would be like talking to one of those women reporters. You know the one's very articulate, bright but after listening to them your like " why are you talking about football obviously no 'been there done that'!
    On that play you cannot take a sack. It is the worst thing that could of happened outside of a turnover. He Probebly would have still been taken down but that wasnt our gripe. It was that he didnt try! ( Wow cant believe i actually responded to susie culver).

With all that said Rams fans have bigger issues.... and that is the league conspiracy to make sure the whiners make the Playoffs in grand fasion(*homefield). But thats for another thread.
    mh-i likes this.

rammmm is offline Registered User

Sure, the game ended in a tie but I'm at a loss. We had them and let them get away because of PENALTIES. STUPID MENTAL ERRORS. Proof that talent isn't enough to win games!...................................
    Players HAVE to T H I N K!
    Last edited by rammmm; -11-12-2012 at 07:47 PM.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Normally after reading one of your lame surveys or critiques i just laugh and shake my head.
    I guess I should be flattered that a substantial number of the 13 posts you've made in 5 years have been about me. Still, I don't think you're doing much to further your professed concerns over decorum when you characterize my posts as "lame."

You're free to have whatever opinion you want regarding the play in question.

The bottom line is that if Bradford tried to avoid the hit, or threw it with a defender in his face, and doing so resulted in a fumble or interception, we'd be hearing today about how he should have just taken the sack. I guess that comes with the territory when you're an NFL QB - fans always think they can second guess you.
    Last edited by AvengerRam; -11-12-2012 at 08:53 PM.

Ramhearder is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    Er ...... what?? thats Clan Members or ClanRam members or ................. LOL cheers for trying though
    Clan members felt a little politically incorrect. I think the term to fit is clanramian. Say it... nice ring to it.

macrammer is online now Registered User

I guess I should be flattered that a substantial number of the 13 posts you've made in 5 years have been about me. Still, I don't think you're doing much to further your professed concerns over decorum when you characterize my posts as "lame."

You're free to have whatever opinion you want regarding the play in question.

The bottom line is that if Bradford tried to avoid the hit, or threw it with a defender in his face, and doing so resulted in a fumble or interception, we'd be hearing today about how he should have just taken the sack. I guess that comes with the territory when you're an NFL QB - fans always think they can second guess you.
    Yes decorum should take place in our dealings with each other. I must say, I thought Sam played very well yesterday.....especially the drive to take the lead and the pass to Danny opening up the OT .....that pass was simply beautiful...a work of art between Sam and Danny.

But AV, I would say that I questioned the sack that Sam took at the time and I do understand a bit about the game. I would have liked him at least try to do something other then just dropping

Having said that, the Rams should have already been in the locker room celebtrating the HUGE first road victory of the season.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by R8rh8rmike View Post
    I tend to agree with you, especially since it took over 30 seconds for the flag to even be thrown, although rules expert Mike Pereira claimed the reason for the delay was that the official calling the penalty had to verify that the uncovered tackle had not reported. That said, it still makes no sense to not throw the flag immediately after the play started, and if I'm not mistaken, doesn't the referee normally announce over his microphone that a tackle has reported as eligible??? And how does that process take over 30 seconds???
    Hmmm ... vehrrreeee eenteresteen! You definitely have a point.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!!!!!! That would have been such a memorable play! I can almost see Jax pounding his way into the endzone from where Amendola had the 1st and goal, second TD for Jackson. Season highlights from a W I N that day!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345