Like Tree6Likes
  • 2 Post By 01d 0rd3r
  • 1 Post By Nick
  • 3 Post By r8rh8rmike

Thread: According to ESPN about Bradford.

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

According to ESPN about Bradford.

According to watching espn. I don't know if this stat is accurate, but parcels and boomer were talking about the state of the rams, and they have said that bradford is the most hit quarter back in the nfl. Bradford has been hit 59 times total.

Does that seem right? If so how can anyone say he is bad. he has only thrown 1 interception this whole season. As far as im concerned he is the best quarter back in the league if that stat of being hit 59 times this season is true.

we need to get him blocked, and get this man some receivers with speed and sure hands.

He is the only reason left i have hope in this team, we need to protect him.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: According to ESPN about Bradford.

Plain and simple if somebody says Sam is the problem with this team they are wrong.
    THOLTFAN81 and ZiaRam like this.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Sam Bradford is not the problem.

Sometimes, his play can be a problem.

But on the list of problems the Rams are currently experiencing, he's no where near the top.
    makersncoke likes this.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

If someone thinks Sam is the problem they might need a Cat Scan or a evaluation from a Looney Bin DR. Let me throw you out there get the snot knocked out of you 59 times and see how well you perform! Saffold/ Smith Start freaking blocking!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

The Rams better make some major adjustments on offense if they want to keep Bradford alive. He is not being protected by the line or IMO, McDaniels playcalling. I hate the short passing game, but at this point it looks to me like it needs to a bigger part of the offense. He has the potential to be an elite NFL QB if he's allowed to get into any kind of comfort zone. It's very disconcerting to see the future of the frachise get battered week after week. At some point, it'll have serious consequences.
    jkramsfan, makersncoke and QueenC like this.

dgr828 is offline Registered User

Bradford may not be the problem for the Rams woes offensively, the same was said of one Marc Bulger when the Rams were in this same familiar predictament a couple of season age. Just like Bulger; however, Sam has yet to provide solutions for success for the Rams. Bulger + Bradford = Same ol' ~ Same ol'!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    Bradford may not be the problem for the Rams woes offensively, the same was said of one Marc Bulger when the Rams were in this same familiar predictament a couple of season age. Just like Bulger; however, Sam has yet to provide solutions for success for the Rams. Bulger + Bradford = Same ol' ~ Same ol'!
    Apparently someone doesn't watch the games on Sunday because if you did you'd notice Sam doesn't drop the pass he just threw that hit someone sqaure in the hands and Sam doesn't miss pass protection asignments when he's in the pocket trying to drive our team down the field. Comparing Sam to Bulger is like comparing your car keys to a rocket propelled grenade..... it just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -10-09-2011 at 07:16 PM.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The Rams better make some major adjustments on offense if they want to keep Bradford alive. He is not being protected by the line or IMO, McDaniels playcalling. I hate the short passing game, but at this point it looks to me like it needs to a bigger part of the offense. He has the potential to be an elite NFL QB if he's allowed to get into any kind of comfort zone. It's very disconcerting to see the future of the frachise get battered week after week. At some point, it'll have serious consequences.
    I am very concerned about the state of protecting Sam and what it could lead to. Starting over with a new coach and Gm is a daunting thought but not having a QB with Sams' potential realized would be a team travesty. and, we spent high draft picks and FA money to protect him. While the O line suspect at best, it also the receivers, schemes, new offense etc. All right now adds to Sam being a 'tackling dummy" HELP!

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

Everything is literally a problem except Bradford. Idk what pekple expect when his line can't block, and the receivers he's throwing to can't get open or catch.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I am the first to admit I have been flat out ANGRY this whole season. However, never, at any point have I blamed this on Sam. He is our franchise and I love the guy. The fact that there are some fans saying to trade Sam and take Luck is comical.

Atleast my posts are justified, those are just ignorant.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by dgr828 View Post
    The only "same ol', same ol'" is you. Boooooring!

supachump is offline Registered User

Bradford isn't the problem. However, he is having some problems as well (not seeing the open receiver, waiting too long to get rid of the ball, etc). I'm sure a lot of it has to do with constantly being hit and always being ready for it.

If it were up to me, I'd have the offense running no huddle plays all game long. Sam looks best in those situations and it seems to get the O in a rhythm.

renrawtruk is offline Registered User

I believe I'm the first one on the "I'm not sold on Bradford" bandwagon. I understand that our O'line is terrible, and our receivers do not get separation, and drop balls. But I am always very critical of our Rams QB position. I was not a Bulger fan, I felt he did not have what it takes. I feel that last year Bradford managed very well the "rookie" offense they implemented. But did this prove anything? Not really. They dinked and dunked it all last year, so as impressive as his rookie year was, it was kind of like the Trent Dilfer Ravens. They tried not to put too much on the QB and let their defense and running game do most of the work. So heading into this year, I was still kind of waiting to see Bradford in a more opened-up offense. It was to be a true test of his abilities, yet our team is so bad, we have yet to see this.

So, in my mind, he is still unproven. He has never really went out and won us a game. (I don't mean he's never went down and won the game, but I'm referring to those games where you feel like the reason you won the game was BECAUSE your QB took over the game..) I think he has great upside, and I know that Aikman, etc... had some bad years early on and became great. I believe he COULD become great. But i haven't seen it yet and, in fact, am starting to think he needs to prove to me he can go out and win games, not just manage an offense with safe passes.

I 100% agree that he is way down the list of problems with this team, but at the same time, Bradford is not pressured on EVERY play. There could be better production out of our QB spot, so I do not give him a pass either.

...AND, I also agree that Sam is the main thing we have to hang on to for hope for the future, but as they say, the future is now.