bruce4life is offline Registered User

according to espn news...

bulger didnt practice today and is listed as questionable... their saying brock berlin is probably going to play

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Re: according to espn news...

Bulger's status questionable; Berlin may start
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    12/07/2007

Quarterback Marc Bulger did not feel well following meetings Thursday, and is now listed as questionable for Sunday’s game in Cincinnati.

By official NFL definition, "questionable" means a player has a 50-50 chance of playing in that week’s game.
    Coach Scott Linehan said early Friday afternoon that he will decide what to do at quarterback within the next 12 to 24 hours.

If Bulger doesn’t play, Brock Berlin -- who has yet to even throw a pass or play in a regular-season game -- will make his first NFL start. Backup quarterback Gus Frerotte is out with a partially torn labrum in his right (throwing) shoulder.

"Marc had really what I thought were two very good practices Wednesday and Thursday, but that’s the objective part," Linehan said. "I guess the subjective part is he didn’t feel really good after (Thursday) afternoon’s meetings.

"Because of that, it puts some questions in my mind as to whether or not he should be cleared to play. . . .We’re not going to put a guy out on the field if there’s any doubt whatsoever when it comes to these kinds of injuries. Or any injuries."

AdvertisementLinehan knows better than most when it comes to the risk of playing with concussions. His brother Ron passed away two years ago from Alzheimer’s disease following a football career in which he had numerous concussions.

Bulger suffered a concussion Nov. 25 against Seattle and didn’t play last week against Atlanta. He passed a neuropsych, or baseline test, this Tuesday, which cleared him to practice.

A final decision on whether Bulger would play against Cincinnati had been expected Friday. Once a player is cleared to practice, it’s normally routine for a player to play in the next game.

But Bulger, who has played with rib, knee and shoulder injuries _ among others _ over the course of his NFL career, said earlier in the week that he would be very careful in dealing with an injury to his head.

"There was certainly no reason until yesterday afternoon to believe he wasn’t going to play," Linehan said. "But based on how he felt physically, it changed. So we told Brock to get ready (Thursday) afternoon at the end of the meeting and he took a number of snaps (Friday)."

The Rams also signed Todd Bouman for quarterback insurance, and Bouman was on the practice field Friday. Linehan plans to consult further with team doctors and athletic trainers on Bulger’s condition.

Linehan said Bulger told him Thursday afternoon that he "just didn’t feel right."

eauclare is offline Registered User

If I were the Rams, I would place him on IR. Why risk your 60 million dollar investment? The guy doesn't need to get behind a makeshift line when facing the likes og Green Bay and Pittsburgh the next two weeks.

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by eauclare View Post
    If I were the Rams, I would place him on IR. Why risk your 60 million dollar investment? The guy doesn't need to get behind a makeshift line when facing the likes og Green Bay and Pittsburgh the next two weeks.
    I have to agree with you on that one, not only protect your investment but it's the right thing to do for him and his life outside of football.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by jkramsfan View Post
    I have to agree with you on that one, not only protect your investment but it's the right thing to do for him and his life outside of football.
    Both of you are spot on. Look this season is over and it is simply an act of cruelty to subject Mark to anymore abuse. Shut him down and start making preps for next year. Concussions are nothing to fool around with; put Bulger on IR now.

WHAT SAY YE?

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

What happened to the hero Gus?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Baldybouncer is offline Registered User

Partial tear of the labrum... wherever that is. But he's emergency at best I think.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

Gus has a partially torn labrum.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

its a tear in the shoulder joint.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Wow, thats all I can say at this point.

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

Start Hagans!