Thread: Action Jackson

xfactor28 Guest

Action Jackson

I was born and raised in the great state of Oregon and I'm tellin y'all Jackson is the real deal. Good or bad, this is the Jackson thread. I have a good feeling this puts Mad Mike's offense in another deminsion. Other teams our gonna be sorry they passed him up. Faulk is a first round HOF, this kid is learning from the best and will play like it. If you wanna point something out, or just wanna rave about his play, POST HERE!!

Re: Action Jackson

I agree, Mike Martz made the correct choice and he gets all the credit along with the front office

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

No offense... but I hate the nickname "Action Jackson."

I prefer Steven Jackhammer!

RamWraith is offline Registered User

How about just "Jack"

xfactor28 Guest

How bout this guys: THE JACKHAMMER

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Jackson was great tonight. I feel much better about inconsistent run blocking when you've got a back that can pound the ball over a defender for positive yards. I'm very excited that we got him, and I bet a number of teams are starting to wonder about the kind of talent they passed up.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

xfactor28 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by NickSeiler
    Jackson was great tonight. I feel much better about inconsistent run blocking when you've got a back that can pound the ball over a defender for positive yards. I'm very excited that we got him, and I bet a number of teams are starting to wonder about the kind of talent they passed up.

This is gonna be one of those picks that everyone is gonna wonder how he slipped so far. He is the total opposite of what the Rams offense is known for. I will say it now......... I think this kid is the future of the offense. He will open alot of options for Mad Mike. The offense will be built around him in the future. He willl wear defenses down and make it easier for bulger to hit his target. (lets not forget the 5 yard "hold" rule that is being severly imposed that made certain teams "champions " ) I cant belive some of you think we are gonna tank.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

I was at the Dome to see Jackson's dominating performance. He's the real deal. I think I'll just refer to him as "The Future" from this point on. What a performance.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    I think I'll just refer to him as "The Future" from this point on.
    I was thinking the same thing during the game. The Future.

I'm one that thinks his name doesn't need a nickname. Steven Jackson is good enough.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

When the season starts MM will go pass whacky with this herd of recievers, and SLASHIN JACKSON might get lost in the playbook.

How come the guys not compared more to E.D.? Watching him late in the game, as he seemed to just get faster and see the field better, I couldn't help but see Dickerson out there slashin.

Seeing all this young talent coming to blossom is encouraging and just in time after last weeks let down. Take a deep breath MM.

maineram Guest

Spreading the field with receivers & Jackson the lone back, as Martz loves to do, is gonna pay off bigtime this year. Jackson in the open field with a head of steam, WOW !!! Faulk out in the slot, Bruce, Holt, & Curtis/McDonald to throw to.

I can see some nice things from this offense this year. GSOT - 2

Maineram :ramlogo:

majorram is offline Registered User

I couldn't agree more Maineram, Jackson is looking the real deal, once he gets feared throughout the league, as Faulk did, and with two up and coming WR in Curtis and Macdonald, spread that field, someone will be open!!!! and you never know we might just have the Greatest show on turf BACK!!

steve :ramlogo:

Aries51 is offline Registered User

What I like about Jackson is even on a poor run he still gains two or three yards or at least gets to the line of scrimmage.2nd and 7 or 2nd and 9 is a heck of a lot better than 2nd and 13.He is the real deal.Faulk and Jackson,mixed in with some Gordon could possibly make us a great running team!!Well,They will at least make defenses respect our running game again.
    ST.LOUIS RAMS:THE MOST FRUSTRATING TEAM IN THE NFL!!!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

He always falls forward. When a RB consistently ends runs going forward, you know he's got the defense's number. That's why he looks so good in the 4th quarter. It requires more energy to take a hit than to deliver a hit. If he's falling forward, then he's doing the delivering.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

adarian_too is offline Registered User

I don't want to get ahead of myself, but the agility and power Jackson has shown thus far reminds me of a combination of Dickerson and Bettis. Nothing like inflated expectations, but if he acquires Faulk's blocking and catching skills the Rams finally may have cashed in.