BM_Face is offline Registered User

Add Bradford’s toe to list of Rams problems

Posted by Josh Alper on September 26, 2011, 4:59 PM EDT

The St. Louis Rams are off to a disappointing 0-3 start and they now have a new obstacle to deal with as they search for their first win of the year.

Quarterback Sam Bradford suffered an injury to his toe in Sunday’s 37-7 loss to the Ravens. He had x-rays, which revealed no broken bones and coach Steve Spagnuolo called it a sprain in his meeting with the media on Monday.
    “Right now we hope it’s not a big deal,” Spagnuolo said via Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post Dispatch.

Bradford had a miserable day on Sunday, completing 16-of-32 passes for 166 yards with one touchdown and one interception. He also lost a fumble on a sack for the third straight week and saw it returned for a touchdown for the third straight week. After three weeks, we haven’t seen much improvement from the Rams offense with Josh McDaniels at the controls, although the injury to Steven Jackson and a tough schedule have likely played a role.

The schedule isn’t getting much easier. The Rams have home dates with the Redskins and Saints sandwiched around trips to Green Bay and Dallas over the next four weeks. The schedule gets much easier at that point, the question is whether or not that will be too late if the offense doesn’t get things going sooner rather than later.

A defeated look of consternation, dissappointment, or even pain. The name derives from the look one often gets when challenged by a large BM.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

Bradford suffered sprained toe

Bradford suffered sprained toe in loss to Ravens

• NFL.com
    • Published: Sept. 26, 2011 at 04:53 pm

As if things weren't bad enough in St. Louis following the Rams' disastrous home loss to the Baltimore Ravens, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported Monday that quarterback Sam Bradford sprained his toe during Sunday's 37-7 beatdown.

An X-ray exam revealed Bradford did not suffer a broken bone, however, the Post-Dispatch reported.
    "Right now we hope it's not a big deal," coach Steve Spagnuolo said.
    Bradford and the Rams have had a rough September. The Rams have lost all three of their games by 12 or more points, and Bradford has completed 50.9 percent of his passes and has thrown just two touchdowns thus far this season.

Things won't get easier for St. Louis in Week 4 when the Washington Redskins come to town.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Bradford suffered sprained toe

I'll bet things will get easier when the Redskins come because we will not lose again. Quote me on it.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Bradford is a tough kid. He played through an injured finger on his throwing hand. Hopefully this sprained toe isn't on his throwing hand as well?!

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Add Bradford’s toe to list of Rams problems

I'm guessing Bradford isn't going to let a sprained toe become an issue.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Re: Add Bradford’s toe to list of Rams problems

Guess it's an issue in terms of mobility, I hope the O-line will get their heads straightened out and protect Bradford with their life since he's going to have to stay calm in the pocket.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    I'll bet things will get easier when the Redskins come because we will not lose again. Quote me on it.
    I predict a Rams win also. If they don't, they won't win for another month. And you can quote me on THAT.