RamWraith is offline Registered User

Adeyanju done for the year

Rams | Adeyanju done for the year
    Fri, 1 Dec 2006 16:00:28 -0800

St. Louis Rams DL Victor Adeyanju (forearm) will not play in Week 13, and he is out for the rest of the year.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Adeyanju done for the year

I am disappointed that we won't see him the rest of the season, but at least we know we got a future star, at least has the talent...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

AlphaRam is offline Registered User

I like the intensity that Victor brings to the field. I think I will make a custom figure of him.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    I am disappointed that we won't see him the rest of the season, but at least we know we got a future star, at least has the talent...
    I don't know if he will be a star for us in the future, but he was playing as well as could be expected for a rookie thrown into the fray rather suddenly. It is a shame he will miss the last 5 games and therefore the experience to be gleaned from them. At least the injury is not so severe as to prevent him from being ready for next year's training camp. He at the least appears to have his head screwed on right as opposed to the guy he replaced ...

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I don't know if he will be a star for us in the future, but he was playing as well as could be expected for a rookie thrown into the fray rather suddenly. It is a shame he will miss the last 5 games and therefore the experience to be gleaned from them. At least the injury is not so severe as to prevent him from being ready for next year's training camp. He at the least appears to have his head screwed on right as opposed to the guy he replaced ...
    Agreed, wouldn't put him in the future star category yet. I'd like to see some more pass rush ability out of him before crowning him the heir to RDE just yet - nine starts and only one sack. We definitely need better production from that side of the line, but Victor has shown flashes that he could develop into a quality guy. It's a shame he won't get the additional five games experience to develop some more.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

This sucks. Too many times, we've seen a young kid in his rookie season come along, play well for a rookie, begin showing signs of advancement...

Then injury.

This kid was coming along quite well. I liked his attitude, and his approach to the game. I don't know if he will be a future star, but from what I have seen of his play so far, I think we need to keep him around, and see.

I hope he's able to work hard on rehab, and is able to return in even better shape next summer.

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Agreed, wouldn't put him in the future star category yet. I'd like to see some more pass rush ability out of him before crowning him the heir to RDE just yet - nine starts and only one sack. We definitely need better production from that side of the line, but Victor has shown flashes that he could develop into a quality guy. It's a shame he won't get the additional five games experience to develop some more.
    Which is why I was begging for Mark Anderson who has always been good at reading plays and getting to the QB. Adeyanju showed some flashes that I didnt expect to see from him this year. The Rams definately have a future with him at RE, but this is a position the Rams should definately draft for depth
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Mark Anderson has like 9 sacks this year.That is awsome for a rookie.I really liked Adeyanju.I hope Brandon and Eric Moore step up.From what I've read Eric is an excellent pass rusher.I have faith in him.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Anderson's production is, to a large extent, based on who he's playing with. That said, nine sacks is impressive.

Adeyanju is a guy who you like to have in the rotation. He still has a great deal of upside. Probably not a Pro Bowl type, but a guy who can be a piece of the puzzle.