HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

After watching the Lions game on NFL Replay...

...I have a few quick thoughts:

1. I love NFL Replay...all the great football taste, but half the calories.

2. Steven Jackson is everything he was advertised to be on draft day....gets better as the game goes on, and outstanding receiving skills. Check and check.

3. Sign me up for the "Incognito needs to remain at Center" bandwagon. Assuming Big O gets healthy, 60% of the line is nailed down. Speaking of which...

4. Isn't it nice to not talk about the RT position as we have over the past several seasons. Thanks, Alex.

5. The answer: Mister, Sir, toughest-SOB-on-the-planet, and Pisa
    The question: What do you call someone who jacks up his elbow, has to put it in a brace, jacks it up again, removes the brace, just tapes it up......and keeps on playin'?

6. If you watch closely, you can actually see Marc Bulger breathing easier. It's hard to tell with a stoic like Bulger, but I believe he's beginning to think in French.

7. There are two types of people in the world:
    a. People who consider Holt one of the top 5 receivers on the planet, and
    b. People who don't know the first thing about football

8. I'd like to end with a short story. There's a friend of mine, named Nathan Edward Receiver. We call him N.E. for short. N.E. had this baby blanket in his house for years. I asked him about it one day. He says that is his blanket, which he calls Travis Fisher. I said, "N.E., why do you have a blanket named Travis Fisher?" He says, "to cover me at night, and keep me warm." I said, "N.E., you're a grown man, how can that little blanket keep you warm at night?" N.E. said, "That's a good point. I have been cold lately. I guess my blanket, Travis Fisher, is just too small to keep me warm. Maybe it's time to get a new one."

The moral to this story....IT'S TIME TO GET RID OF TRAVIS FISHER, BECAUSE TRAVIS FISHER CAN'T COVER N.E. RECEIVER!!!

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Re: After watching the Lions game on NFL Replay...

Great post Bison Boy - I'm giving you some rep points, (not that you need them)

I'm still not giving up on Fisher though.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

5. The answer: Mister, Sir, toughest-SOB-on-the-planet, and Pisa
    The question: What do you call someone who jacks up his elbow, has to put it in a brace, jacks it up again, removes the brace, just tapes it up......and keeps on playin'?
    The spirit of Jack Youngblood lives on.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The moral to this story....IT'S TIME TO GET RID OF TRAVIS FISHER, BECAUSE TRAVIS FISHER CAN'T COVER N.E. RECEIVER!!!
    Move Hill two number two now!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RealRam is offline Registered User

Superb post. Great job, HUbison! Love that Fisher / N.E. Receiver story!

:r

4. Yes, it's been quiet over there at RT. The Barron doing his job; no penalties recently.

5. Hawaii 5-0. It was very clear to see the pain on the right elbow on one play where he fell facing down leaning on both arms and immediately took the weight off that right damaged arm. Coakley replaces Tino. Then after a few plays, Pisa goes back in, braced remove, arm taped up and makes a wrap-up tackle.

Gutsy guy.
    Last edited by RealRam; -10-04-2006 at 04:26 PM. Reason: Correction

SFCRamFan is offline Registered User

Great post Hub. I was just thinking Sunday evening about how quietly Barron is going about his job. Hawaii 5-0 should be signed immediately to an extension/new contract. And T-Fish just is not starter material. Time to reshuffle the secondary as far as who starts at CB. While he makes the occasional play, he is just too inconsistent and tackles only by shoving reveivers out of bounds or when they trip over him...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

SJax, a developing quarterbacks best friend...

Varg6 is offline Registered User

7. I'm definitely A, unfortunately the rest of the football fans are B!

Nice post, and also, I agree with Incognito, he's done one hell of a job so far by making that transition. That can't be easy at all, and he's been doing great, did he mess up at all during the Lions game? I didn't really notice any penalties by him, maybe one, but like still, he's doing a phenominal job, he's definitely becoming better at it week after week, it shows...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams