Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: After we win in Baltimore with Frerotte at the helm.

I dont wat to get carried away here but I actually think there is a possibility we blow out B-more. I mean their offense is dreadful, worse than ours has been if you ask me. Our defense has played pretty solid at times and our offense is coming around. Like I said before there is no other reason for my opinion other than a gut feeling but I think we win this one. Then I can drink lots of BEER!

Just Fix It

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Sitting Marc until the bye week is pretty much throwing the towel in on the entire season. I know many are ready to give up already, but if we can beat Baltimore this week, we need Bulger in the game against the Seachickens next week if we have any desire to salvage this season. I, for one, don't feel comfortable with Frerotte in there long term: he is strong-armed, but he is quite inaccurate. If Bulger is up to the task, he is our best bet against the Seahawks. They are very soft against the run, and if we can establish a solid running game early against them, we should be able to open up the field as the game moves on. The line looked much improved last week, and I just wonder what a healthy Bulger could have done against the Tards last week ...

If we can steal the game against the Ravens, and Bulger can steal the show against the Seachickens, we have a very winnable game against Cleveland before the bye ...

I'll take 3-5 at that point anyday, but my glass is probably overflowing a lil with all the optimism ....

But remember, we were 0-5 in 2002 ...

Five weeks later we were 5-5. Had Warner not taken over the reigns that year after he recovered from injury, and subsequently played very poorly, who knows what could have happened. We might not have lost a game for several weeks ...

rammiser is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    Sitting Marc until the bye week is pretty much throwing the towel in on the entire season. I know many are ready to give up already, but if we can beat Baltimore this week, we need Bulger in the game against the Seachickens next week if we have any desire to salvage this season. I, for one, don't feel comfortable with Frerotte in there long term: he is strong-armed, but he is quite inaccurate. If Bulger is up to the task, he is our best bet against the Seahawks. They are very soft against the run, and if we can establish a solid running game early against them, we should be able to open up the field as the game moves on. The line looked much improved last week, and I just wonder what a healthy Bulger could have done against the Tards last week ...

If we can steal the game against the Ravens, and Bulger can steal the show against the Seachickens, we have a very winnable game against Cleveland before the bye ...

I'll take 3-5 at that point anyday, but my glass is probably overflowing a lil with all the optimism ....

But remember, we were 0-5 in 2002 ...

Five weeks later we were 5-5. Had Warner not taken over the reigns that year after he recovered from injury, and subsequently played very poorly, who knows what could have happened. We might not have lost a game for several weeks ...
    Great post, you got me fired up! I would have given you rep points but apparantly I need to spread some around first. If we went 3-5 I would be amazed. There is light at the end of the tunnel.
    Just Fix It

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

I like your guys optimism and I hope we can go 3-5, I really do. You just have to ask yourselves who really gives us the best chance to win? It's all up to Linehan now.

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

The is NO issue about who the starting QB is of the St. Louis Rams. As soon as Marc is healthy enough to play, Gus will take his place on the sidelines once again. The only question is when. I fully expect Marc to come out and play outstanding football, once he's healed. But a decision between a healthy Bulger and a healthy Frerotte is "no contest".

It's good to see some of you still hangin' on to hope and a chance to salvage the season. Yes, we can win the game this weekend because Baltimore's offense is pretty average. But I expect their defense to make Frerotte chuck and duck all day long, and he'll probably throw up another 2-3 picks. Looking down the road, the Rams would need to go 8-3, just to have a remote shot at making a run for the playoffs and a division title with an 8-8 record. ...and ONLY if the Hawks, AND Cards play no better than .500 ball the rest of the way. I think the whiners are done. Of course, I didn't buy into their preseason hype and I haven't changed my feelings on them.

But if I were calling the shots, I'd rest Bulger until after the bye week. I don't see us getting to the playoffs and I'd not risk Marc to further injury to either his physical being, or mental health.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by mikhal5569 View Post
    I think the smart thing would be try to play Gus until the bye weak (weak 9.) So Marc's rib are fully recovered and he's not just re-aggravating the injury all year. I like to give Frerotte an hard time but I think he's one of the better back ups.
    Unless Gus really stinks it up, I would think Mikal's scenario makes the most sense. Let Marc have time to heal both mentally and physically. We want him to be rested and HUNGRY when he returns. Additionally (with decent luck) the O-line will have developed more continuity and chemistry by then ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12