throwback week

Thread: Against the run

Rambos is offline Registered User

Against the run

After three weeks the Rams are number two against the run. Compared to teams that have played three games.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Against the run

We are doing better against the run than last year. Tennessee and the whiners have somewhat decent running games, but Arizona is terrible. New York is going to be a test with that one/two punch of theirs.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

That's a great stat to see, but remember... Kevan Barlow, J.J. Arrington, and Chris Brown. Not exactly top tier running backs.

general counsel is offline Registered User

I think chris brown is pretty good. So is tennessees line. But i share the lingering skepticism, lets see how we do against the giants.

I will say this. We are tackling a LOT better than in the past and that has greatly reduced the big big gains.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

After what we looked like in the playoffs last year, it good to see any kind of improvement, I’m not saying we are the best against the run, just glad to see some of the needs that we address in the off season definitely are working out.

Pickett was a junior when we took him and he is now playing like the FO thought he would, Kennedy got off to a slow start, with the foot and all is now a force. Little well is Little.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

And DLew is surprising this year. He may not have the tackles but he's the one folks are holding. I bet he's drawn more penalties from the opposition this year than any other Ram player. Plus, teams can't necessarily double team Little the way our DT's are playing. This significantly helps the running game defense.

Yeah good point with DLew, I would like to see DLew on the DE with Little, against the run now and again.

BigGameHolt Guest

These past 3 games, I know the Rams haven't scored as much as usual but im not worried about the offense because they always pick it up. At the beginning of the season I was most worried about the run defense but with Claiborne, Coakley, Little, Pickett, and Kennedy playing very well as a team on defense, the Rams run defense has definitely proven its worth and I believe will continue to put up good numbers. Tiki and Jacobs are a tough pair to stop but with this revamped run D, we will stop them next week.

STLRAMSFAN Guest

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan
    And DLew is surprising this year. He may not have the tackles but he's the one folks are holding. I bet he's drawn more penalties from the opposition this year than any other Ram player. Plus, teams can't necessarily double team Little the way our DT's are playing. This significantly helps the running game defense.
    I agree 100% his stats are not showing because they are holding him and getting penalties.

Nice Avatar Rambos the guy looks big.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -09-27-2005 at 09:59 PM.

psycho9985 Guest

Its gotta work up front,because we're giving up a lot of yardage in the air.
    I miss Butler, eventhough he made the right choise of staying out and healing.