throwback week

rammiser is offline Registered User

Al Saunders offense

I was doing a little research and although Saunders runs a aggresive Martz style offense he does not abandon the running game. So Jackson should be loving the fact that Saunders will be calling plays. McMichael should be happy too because Saunders knows how to use tight ends as well just ask Gonzales and Cooley. In 2002 saunders had Priest Holmes who finished 3rd overall in rushing that year. In 2003 again Holmes finished 9th overall in rushing. In 04 Holmes got hurt and finished 24th but led the league with 111 yds a game. In 05 Larry Johnson finished 3rd in rushing yds. In 06 Ladell Betts a backup rb finished 13th in Saunders offense. In 07 Portis was 6th. So Saunders really knows how to utilize his rb's to their full potential. Jackson could really benefit from having him here. I am looking forward to at least some excitement next year after maybe one of the most boring play call years I can remember. I heard Loserhan wants to add a play a week to Saunders book I bet number one will be fake reverse pass.

Just Fix It

moloch41 Guest

Re: Al Saunders offense

Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    I heard Loserhan wants to add a play a week to Saunders book I bet number one will be fake reverse pass.
    I think he was somewhat joking when he said that, but if he was serious, I'm sure it would involve a mutliple tight end set.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Supposedly Saunders offensive playbook contains 700 plays. Combine that with Linehan adding 1 play per week and ALEX BARRON will be false starting alot more than he has in the past.

moloch41 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Supposedly Saunders offensive playbook contains 700 plays. Combine that with Linehan adding 1 play per week and ALEX BARRON will be false starting alot more than he has in the past.
    And just think about all the more times that Richie Incognito will get flagged for throwing a sucker punch after the play is over!!!

Mooselini Guest

I'm excited to see what Saunders will bring to the squad. It's going to be an interesting season in 08.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mooselini View Post
    I'm excited to see what Saunders will bring to the squad. It's going to be an interesting season in 08.
    :r No doubt it will!

But as GC and I were discussing in the 'Saunders is done deal' thread, we HAVE GOT TO first shape up that OL into a higher strength-and-talent force! That was, afterall, the Rams demise in 07 and ... by George ... we had better learned the lesson!

For now, I'm looking foward to seeing Barron, Fry, Incognito, Pace, Romberg, Setterstrom, Steussie ["one more, Todd, you can do it..."] return. Strong and healthy for a change. And by preseason good 'ol Alex will have finally mastered his counting numbers, believe me.

Here's hoping the OL will indeed gain a few more power players. :bash:
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-01-2008 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Forgot Bret

PARamfan is offline Registered User

Thank you Redskins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eldfan is offline Registered User

I wounder how much say he will have on the draft and now that he is here will the rams take Jake Long?
    :ramlogo:

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-01-2008, 07:40 PM