Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Alan Faneca and Max Starks

Quote Originally Posted by rams 24/7 View Post
    If we don't sign one of them that means this organization really don't want to do right.
    Well, that or.......

- neither of them wants to play here
    - some team with more cap space made them a better offer
    - both got a workable deal from Pittsburgh
    - the franchise tag got dropped on one of them, and the other fell under one of the previous three scenarios

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

eauclare is offline Registered User

Just my opinion, but I think he has a good 5 years left in him. I wouldn't mind structuring a deal for 25 million.

Look at the Pats. They're loaded and they manage to sign Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Adalieus Thomas.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by eauclare View Post
    Just my opinion, but I think he has a good 5 years left in him. I wouldn't mind structuring a deal for 25 million.
    Why would Faneca take that, though? The top guards in last spring's free agent market got $23 million over the first three years of the deal. I don't think he'd take about the same amount over two more years, as my impression has been that he wants to get paid like one of the best guards in the game.

prof22693 is offline Registered User

Yes as stated above, any of these guys would be helpful, though I don't think it's the best choice to get Faneca, considering his age and how much money he wants. Do you think we should try and trade Pace? He is getting older as well, with injury problems on that shoulder, I wonder what we could get for him.

Edit: I do not mean to trade him for Faneca, I am just speaking generally that we could trade Pace away for a number of things.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    My question is this: If we don't go after Faneca, who else is there?

Do we really need another right tackle? Are we convinced that Barron is a failure? Is he moving to the left side? What's happening with Pace?

Look, when all's said and done, yes, we need improvements made to our OL, especially at guard and potentially at tackle. Who else is out there if we don't throw money at Faneca?
    There is really not any other guards besides Jake Scott and Ryan Lilja who i think are only good in the colt system.

If we were to make that a pace trade a good scenario would be to Atlanta who is starting two undrafted rookies and their starter haven't been that good either. Pace for a second (they have 2) and Deangelo Hall (who obviously hates Atlanta now and Petrino). Imagine Hall, Hill, Brown, Bartell (possibly move him to FS and Otogwe to SS), Wade definitely would be one of the best corner back units in the NFL.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    There is really not any other guards besides Jake Scott and Ryan Lilja who i think are only good in the colt system.

If we were to make that a pace trade a good scenario would be to Atlanta who is starting two undrafted rookies and their starter haven't been that good either. Pace for a second (they have 2) and Deangelo Hall (who obviously hates Atlanta now and Petrino). Imagine Hall, Hill, Brown, Bartell (possibly move him to FS and Otogwe to SS), Wade definitely would be one of the best corner back units in the NFL.
    I forgot about Lilja, who i think is a very solid guard. That Colts system you speak of has won a superbowl, (stating the obvious?? ) and blocking of that offensive line has been an integral part of their success (as it is with any team.) I'd swoop on a starter from their system any day of the week.

As for the Pace scenario, I think it is a D-R-E-A-M situation, but highly unlikely. I doubt you'd get a second and Hall for Pace, unless it was a very low second (whose second does Atlanta have?) and I'm not sure The FO would take a third and Hall. That scenario would allow for the drafting of a Tackle in Long in round one, an end in Campbell or a Safety in Phillips (presuming we keep a high pick) whilst picking up the other two in round (I.e Round one- OT, Round 2a- S, Round 2b- DE).

Unrealistic, though, to discuss potential trades that the Front Office may never have even though about, and that probably would never come to fruition even if they had.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12