Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Alarmed 31 Lion Points?

We shouldn't be. Most would say this should have been a blow out game for us. Reasons why this game wasn't.

Gruden and the Bucs demolish the Raiders in SB. Gruden was head coach the year prior and had insight leading the Bucs to win big.

My point Martz knows the Rams well. We might call it new look Rams, but lets face it a team cannot change completely in 1 year, so Martz was able to capitalize, but not enough to pull the win.

LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Re: Alarmed 31 Lion Points?

You also have to remember that Mike Martz is probably the best offensive coach in football

Shadesofgrey is offline Registered User

Any given Sunday boys...The Seahawks gave up 37 yesterday...They could have scored 75, as long as we score at least 76 then I'm happy

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post
    We shouldn't be. Most would say this should have been a blow out game for us. Reasons why this game wasn't.

Gruden and the Bucs demolish the Raiders in SB. Gruden was head coach the year prior and had insight leading the Bucs to win big.

My point Martz knows the Rams well. We might call it new look Rams, but lets face it a team cannot change completely in 1 year, so Martz was able to capitalize, but not enough to pull the win.
    On the flipside, Haslett knows how to defend Martz from our battles with the Saints, and let's face it the Lions aren't even close to what the GSOT was, so it was a bit alarming to see us give up that many points.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

No I am not alarmed, it was Mad Mike and if you guys dont have the sence to give him respect for being an offencive Genius, then I do

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    No I am not alarmed, it was Mad Mike and if you guys dont have the sence to give him respect for being an offencive Genius, then I do
    I gave Martz credit in my "Don't Look Past The Packers" thread. I was just giving the flipside to not being alarmed. I for the most part always defended Martz and still do. I expected a better showing from our D, I never expected to shut down a Martz offense completely, but I expected a little more yesterday. Our kick coverage didn't help our D out at all, and Martz exploited our D. The flipside argument is still being realistic, and I was a little surprised that we didn't have a little better showing on D, Martz or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Second half adjustments. Make some!

RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User

Hate to be too picky, but wasn't it 34 points?

...and yes, I'm concerned. Martz, Swartz, whoever.... But giving up 34 points to a team that is 0-4 should be alarming to the coaching staff. When you know what they're gonna do, and you can't stop them, I'd be at least a little worried. We made a throw away receiver in Furrey look like a freakin' all pro! Roy Williams, I understand, but Furrey?

But, I'm not surprised.

I said many times in this forum that I'm not a believer in our CB's. They are our weak link, to be sure. :\
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Not alarmed at all, we averaged 14.7 points per game given up through the first 3 games which included Denver and Arizona, we give up 34 to Detroit, I'm not worried at all our Defense had a off game, don't look passed us getting three turnovers through 2 Interceptions (Atogwe, Carter) and 1 FR.

Like I said our D had an off game, there still getting adjusted and developing chemistery with eachother, they stepped up when we needed it, played well in the redzone and we got 3 Turnovers, they can get as many yards as they want (as they did today) but if we get turnovers its alright, we won't give up over 30 points again this season I'm going to say.
    RamsFan16

coy bacon is offline Registered User

Concerned? No.
    Surprized? No.

I don't think our defense is that good. The quality of our competition has been very poor, but we're managing to barely win. A W is better than a L.

I think the Lions are a better team than their record indicates. I don't think we are as good of a team as our record indicates. But 3-1 is better than 1-3.

BIG-BLUE is online now Registered User

I agree with Ramsbruce on this one (& you should be alarmed about that LOL). I felt like on the flipside our defense knows a little about the MM offense, players & coaches. So i am a little alarmed that the Lions threw up 34 points on our D. That being said, The lions did a great job on picking up on the blitzes & giving Kitna all day in the pocket.

onslaught11 is offline Registered User

I would be alarmed. Roy Williams was pimp slapping Fakhir Brown all day.
    We will create such an onslaught against humanity that our enemies will take generations before ever thinking of attacking us again.
    -- General William Jauro-Smythe Killan
    before the battle of Tupiero Do
    :angryram:

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16 View Post
    Not alarmed at all, .
    you sure as hell sounded alarmed in the chat room

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LA Rammer View Post

Add top that some very questionable and non calls ( PI, holding on a couple of returns) calls by the refs to keep it close.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I give Martz credit, but I also give the refs credit for doing their best to make things close. Some of those kick returns could have easily been called back, and the non pass interference calls against the Loins.........

Oh well, it a W!
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

The Lions were able to score because for the most part Kitna had plenty of time to find open receivers. We were not able to generate much pressure with the D-line. When we blitzed, we got burned for the most part. Give Martz credit: he knows how to beat the blitz. When the GSOT was galloping around the NFL in it's heyday, the teams that slowed us down were teams that could generate legit pressure with their front four ala Tempa Bay.

Even though the Lions managed to hang 34 on us, there was far better discipline than last year. Guys were staying in their lanes, forcing running plays back inside and limiting cut-back opportunities. On short completions our linebackers and d-backs made sure tackles limiting YAC. The one thing that was disappointing to me was Claude Wroten's absence ... I haven't heard anything about him being hurt, so what gives? He was inactive ... I'll have to be patient I suppose, but I was expecting at least some contribution ... Maybe I want to have my cake and eat it too ..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast