Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By RAMFANRAIDERHATER

Thread: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

  1. #1
    QUINNtessentialTruth's Avatar
    QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Earth
    Age
    26
    Posts
    1,204
    Rep Power
    14

    Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    Let me give you 4 lack of discipline plays, that not included we would have won. I'm sure you all know where I'm going with this.

    Bradfords pick 6 and fumble..utter lack of discipline. Not sure why he made that throw. My friends have always made fun of me that I couldn't play QB at all growing up. However, even I wouldnt have made that throw. That fumble, nothing more than you have to secure the snap period. 10 points.

    Defense the 2 carries 140 yards. Players had hands on him, you gotta make a tackle. Gotta establish a better L.O.S. post snap and be disciplined on the play. Don't have to mention how undisplined craig dahl is. Relying on Craig Dahl being the last line of defense is like...well relying on craig dahl being the last line of D. I will agree that both of those plays had a hold, especially the blatant one on the td on Brockers. Which is just ridiculous btw, I hope fisher complains. However, we have gotten used to the refs screwing us, so lets just stop going back to that. 10 points.

    2 undisciplined plays on offense and 2 undisciplined plays on defense. The difference between the opposing team leaving with 16 points and 36 points...or even anything in between.

    Btw another nomination, during that pick 6, is it just me or was there no effort on anyone of our offensive players to tackle him? It was almost like the Rams just walked to the sidelines and let the guy who picked it off run.
    Last edited by QUINNtessentialTruth; -12-16-2012 at 09:58 PM.



  2. #2
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    Quote Originally Posted by RamOG View Post
    Btw another nomination, during that pick 6, is it just me or was there no effort on anyone of our offensive players to tackle him? It was almost like the Rams just walked to the sidelines and let the guy who picked it off run.
    Givens gave it his best, but he was about 100 pounds short.


    gap

  3. #3
    mcpeepants232003's Avatar
    mcpeepants232003 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    741
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    young teams make mistakes. We are the youngest team in the league.

  4. #4
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    I don't mind the physical mistakes. Heck, guys are human and if you've ever played football you KNOW that as humans, you will occasionally drop the ball, miss a pass, miss a tackle, etc....

    What I don't like are the stupid mental mistakes. Not knowing the snap count (Wells) blocking in the back on a return when the guy you're blocking isn't anywhere near the play.... Those things drive me nuts.

    ...and as for Bradford throwing the pick? Well, if you HAD played QB at any level, you'd know that it is not uncommon to not see a defender on a play. I'm sure Sam didn't see him either. It happens. It's real easy to play armchair QB when you get the nice elevated view and slo-mo, and instant replay on the TV screen. But on the field, these QB's are trying to throw the ball around and over huge men. As they say; "it ain't that easy."

    As mcpeepants said; this is a young team and they will make mistakes. But I expect Fisher and the staff to get a handle on the mental mistakes moving towards next season. Dumb mistakes have cost the Rams dearly this season. Mental mistakes are a discipline issue, not the physical ones necessarily.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  5. #5
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    What I don't like are the stupid mental mistakes. Not knowing the snap count (Wells) blocking in the back on a return when the guy you're blocking isn't anywhere near the play.... Those things drive me nuts.
    While that block in the back was "technically correct", two different players blocked two other players into each other, which caused Harkey to hit a defender in the back. I have serious doubts that any other team would have been flagged for that, as the "guilty" player and the "victim" player weren't even playing against each other. Just one of those things that always seem to bite the RAMS.


    gap

  6. #6
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    While that block in the back was "technically correct", two different players blocked two other players into each other, which caused Harkey to hit a defender in the back. I have serious doubts that any other team would have been flagged for that, as the "guilty" player and the "victim" player weren't even playing against each other. Just one of those things that always seem to bite the RAMS.


    gap
    I don't know what play you're referring to, but the play I saw was clearly a tupid mistake on the part of the Rams player placing his head into the back of a defender. He clearly acted on his own, not pushed, tripped. He stuck his helmet into the guys back and pushed.... Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    Gap, you keep using the conspiracy theory on everything. The refs, the league are not out to get the Rams. I saw missed calls on BOTH sides of the ball all day, as we see most every game. Bad/missed calls had nothing to do with the loss yesterday. I'd rather they miss. or don't call everything they see because the game would drag out forever and it would look like freakin' flag day on the field. I saw mulitple holding calls that were not called on Saffold yesterday while he was being abused. The Vikings should be complaning about that as well.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  7. #7
    gap's Avatar
    gap
    gap is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North Carolina
    Posts
    1,312
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMFANRAIDERHATER View Post
    I don't know what play you're referring to, but the play I saw was clearly a tupid mistake on the part of the Rams player placing his head into the back of a defender. He clearly acted on his own, not pushed, tripped. He stuck his helmet into the guys back and pushed.... Stupid, stupid, stupid.

    Gap, you keep using the conspiracy theory on everything. The refs, the league are not out to get the Rams. I saw missed calls on BOTH sides of the ball all day, as we see most every game. Bad/missed calls had nothing to do with the loss yesterday. I'd rather they miss. or don't call everything they see because the game would drag out forever and it would look like freakin' flag day on the field. I saw mulitple holding calls that were not called on Saffold yesterday while he was being abused. The Vikings should be complaning about that as well.
    First off, I did not blame the officiating for the loss. Only for the 134 yards that shouldn't count.

    Second, when I see ticky tack penalties negate TDs or big plays for the opponent on a regular basis, and when the officials stop finding new ways to stop the RAMS momentum, and when BLATANT offensive hold no longer leads to TDs for the opponent, and when the officials call the opponent for the same penalties that they are calling against the RAMS, I will lay off the refs. Until then the "conspiracy" exists beyond question. You don't know the whole history of the fight between the NFL and St. Louis, going back to 1988, so you have no right to tell me what is or isn't happening.


    gap

  8. #8
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,388
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    Quote Originally Posted by gap View Post
    First off, I did not blame the officiating for the loss. Only for the 134 yards that shouldn't count.

    Second, when I see ticky tack penalties negate TDs or big plays for the opponent on a regular basis, and when the officials stop finding new ways to stop the RAMS momentum, and when BLATANT offensive hold no longer leads to TDs for the opponent, and when the officials call the opponent for the same penalties that they are calling against the RAMS, I will lay off the refs. Until then the "conspiracy" exists beyond question. You don't know the whole history of the fight between the NFL and St. Louis, going back to 1988, so you have no right to tell me what is or isn't happening.


    gap
    You don't blame the loss, but you think a large portion of their offense was gained only because the refs ignored penalties? Really? ...wow. So how do you explain all the non-calls against the Rams Oline for holding? Don't tell me you didn't see any holding there?

    But you really think the league (not sure WHO in the league is leading this charge) has flowed orders all the way down to the refs to "stick it to the St. Louis Rams" whenever they have a chance? OMG.

    You sound like a Raiders fan...
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  9. #9
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,173
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: Albeit, our lack of discipline is still costing us games...

    And yes, that is what separates the teams with the winning records from the ones with the losing records.

Similar Threads

  1. Discipline and Motivation
    By RAMMAN68 in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -09-28-2011, 11:04 PM
  2. St. Louis Rams (albeit very brief) Super Bowl XXXIV Introduction
    By GreatestShow99 in forum Ram Video's and Radio
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -10-24-2008, 09:16 PM
  3. Tackle is Long on discipline
    By Nick in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-22-2008, 05:08 AM
  4. enough about Linehan....Wilkins is costing us wins..
    By WestSideRamsFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: -09-28-2007, 03:53 AM
  5. Run Defense Focuses on Discipline
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -10-01-2004, 09:26 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •