put him in now

Tony Soprano Guest

Re: Alex Barron

Tucker benched .. Now Willig's turn ..

Where have I seen this before?

Deja vu all over again !

talkstoangels61 Guest

If we are going to spend a high draft pick and pay this kind of $$$$ for this kid then i say put him in or quit wasting draft picks when we can go and sign a proven RT for this kind of $$$$...................It will make him get better quicker with all the bumps and bruises that he'll inquire with being thrown to the lions right off the bat!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't think you could have signed a proven RT in this year's FA market for Barron's kind of money. The higher end tackles were getting large sometimes double digit bonuses this spring.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

talkstoangels61 Guest

i do believe we paid double digs for AB with the signing bonus he recieved didnt we

RamsFan16 Guest

Probrably.. Sounds right

Rams | Contract Update: Barron - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:08:30 -0700

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports St. Louis Rams rookie OT Alex Barron's five-year contract is scheduled to pay him $9.2 million. However, if Barron qualifies for an incentive and two escalators in the contract, he could earn as much as $11 million. Barron's deal includes no signing bonus. But it features $5.5 million in guaranteed money - a figure that does not include a $1 million roster bonus Barron will receive this week, and thus is all but guaranteed. Technically, it's a four-year contract, but it includes a $4.9 million option bonus for the fifth year that the club must exercise no later than March 15 of next year. His base salaries are: $230,000 (2005), $310,000 (2006), $617,500 (2007), $925,000 (2008) and $1.2355 million (2009). Barron has three other ways to get his deal to go from $9.2 million to $11 million.
    His total contract amount was double digits, but that's not what I'm talking about. He received no signing bonus. He got a $1 million roster bonus this year, but won't get the rest of his guaranteed money until the fifth year of the deal should the Rams pick up his option. There are less than $2 million worth of escilators in there.

So no, I don't think you would have seen a proven high end free agent RT sign for that kind of money. Guys like Jonas Jennings got signing bonuses around $12M.

sprtsmac Guest

After today's performance you might want to think about replacing the whole line, not just Tucker. Saying that, I do feel your pain about the right side.

talkstoangels61 Guest

well with the $$$ and picks we could have traded for a proven player

Quote Originally Posted by talkstoangels61
    well with the $$$ and picks we could have traded for a proven player
    Which we tried to do with Kyle Turley, and it did not work out. It would have been unwise to try to do it again, in my opinion.

talkstoangels61 Guest

You might be right but,damn to continue and watch this talented team lose stupid games of such and to watch some dumd moves via Martzie and co....................just aggravates me to all ends!